Bought and Paid For

Two

Two

The final technicalities were completed, Jade was officially registered to Hunter’s name and the final few forms were signed. Then Hunter led his purchase by the hand out of the grey building and to his gleaming black Bentley Continental. Jade bit back a hiss of wonder at the top of the range car, reminding himself that he was now in the hands of one of the wealthiest men on the planet, and such a reaction would probably displease him anyway.

The chauffeur opened the door with a respectful nod and Jade climbed inside the leather-upholstered interior, fully aware of Hunter’s approving eyes staring at his ass as he did so. The door thunked closed behind them and gravel crunched as the car pulled out of the Institute’s grounds. Hunter’s cell phone began to ring and he answered it tersely, barking out short questions and instructions to whichever minion was on the other end of the line. The car drove on, merging onto the highway and speeding its occupants towards their new life together. For miles, Jade silently watched the scenery rush past the tinted windows while Hunter spoke business into his phone and checked his stocks on a laptop.

As Jade drank in the luxury that surrounded him, Hunter rolled up the smoked glass divider between the car and the driver and hung up his call. Silence echoed round the car and Jade’s breath hitched as he felt Hunter’s hand high on his thigh, pulling him closer along the smooth leather seat. His arm draped over Jade’s shoulders and cold fingers turned his face towards him. Jade shut his eyes a moment before Hunter’s lips pressed against his, his tongue sliding into Jade’s mouth, exploring its new territory.

Jade let his body move in a slight ripple in response, uncertain of what reaction would most please his new owner. Hunter sighed in satisfaction into his mouth and slid his hand up higher up Jade’s thigh, now cupping his crotch, feeling him through the thin fabric of his pants. He grabbed a handful of Jade’s hair and pulled his head back, exposing his neck. With an approving smile, Hunter sucked at the curve of Jade’s jaw, bringing blood blossoming to the skin, staining it with his ownership.

The car made a sharp right turn, the momentum making Jade slide back across the seat. Hunter released him and turned to look out of the window just as the car slowed to a stop on a sweeping herringbone-brick drive outside a large Georgian-style manor house. The chauffeur opened the door and Hunter stepped out, striding towards the front door without a backward glance, cell-phone already at his ear.

Jade shuffled across the seat and climbed out of the car, giving a beseeching look to the chauffeur, utterly confused about what he was supposed to do now. The man shrugged and pointed in the vague direction of the house before disappearing back into the car and driving it round to the back of the house. A light breeze pricked Jade’s skin, raising goosebumps and he slowly made his way towards the majestic entrance.

The door swung open on oiled hinges and Jade found himself in a large cool foyer, sweeping staircase ahead of him and understated black and white artwork breaking up the pale grey walls. The marble floor made his footsteps echo as he nervously stepped further into the house, wondering which of the four white panelled doors to try first.

Above, a door opened and a woman’s voice preceded her down the stairs. Jade stood timidly in the hall like a rabbit caught in headlamps as she came into view, sensible black skirt suit doing nothing to tone down her beauty. “Who are you? Did you ring the bell? Why are you in here?”

“Uh. No, no. Um. Mr Burgan just uh, brought me here. From the Institute. Um. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.”

There was a pause while she shut up a beeping pager. “Ah! You’re the new Bios boy.”

Jade nodded mutely, digging at the flesh of his thumb with his nails. Her pager beeped again and she glanced down at the display. “Yeah, uh…” She frowned at the machine and reached for her cell phone. “You just stay here thirty seconds, I’ll uh…” She speed-dialled and lifted the phone to her ear. “I’ll get someone to look after you. Sorry, gotta go. Alan! What do you mean he’s not coming?”

With a waft of expensive perfume and orange-scented soap she swept past him and disappeared into what looked to be an office before closing the door firmly behind her. Jade stared at the closed door, utterly confused.

Minutes ticked by. Jade’s feet ached, and he felt absurdly tired considering he’d done virtually nothing today. Eventually, just when he was considering tapping on the office door and asking what he was supposed to do, he heard quick footsteps padding down the stairs.

“You Jade Puget?” Jade whirled round to find a stunning, heavily made-up man looking at him from halfway up the staircase, sprawled over the banister.

“Uh, yes. Sir.” He pulled himself straighter, fighting the urge to cower from those dark piercing eyes.

“This way.” The man started up the stairs and Jade hurried to catch up, following him to the third floor and into a heavily carpeted hallway lit with cream niche lights.

He opened a door to a large bedroom, decorated in deep red and golds. “This is where you’re staying at the moment. Don’t get too at home; Hunter’s moving us to LA in the morning, but for now I’ve had some clothes brought up into here for you. Get washed. Get changed into something from the pile. Relax for a bit. There’s a mini kitchen at the end of the hall if you’re hungry. Bathroom’s through there. TV has cable. Phone 311 if you need anything else, that’s housekeeping. I’m a few doors up if you’re really stuck. Questions?”

“Uh. Who are you? Sorry. I…”

“You can call me Davey. Anything else?”

“Uh. No. Um. Thanks.” Awkwardly, Jade stuck out his hand to shake, and after a beat, it was grasped in a firm handshake. He caught a glimpse of a familiar bracelet and experienced a giddying rush of realisation that this powerful man was another of the Institute’s products. But if Hunter had already bought his perfect partner, why was Jade here? Davey turned to leave.

“Wait! What… what do I do? Here? Uh… I mean…” He stuttered to a stop, aware that he’d pretty much just asked to be called a whore.

Davey smiled with a predator’s sweetness. “You, my dear, are the sub.”