Not A Soul

Curt.

I used to have only one friend, but it was a hard friendship. I always wanted to hang out with him because he was so captivating. If he ever knew what I now know what it was, I'm sure he would hate me, but back then we didn't know. I was crushing on him. I always wanted him to be happy, and maybe that probably made me seem like I only cared for his well-being and not so much more than friends. He wouldn't know who I am if we ran into each other today, I'm sure, but I miss him. I miss that best friend that I used to have. Everyone in school, they're alright, but we just don't connect like Kellin and I did. Kellin moved, and that is how I knew he didn't really appreciate our friendship like I thought he did. He didn't stay in contact. He didn't even say goodbye.

It doesn't stop the memories, though. I knew he had a hard life. I was the only one he told. It was one night when he was sleeping over my house. He leaned over my bed, looking down at me on the floor, and he whispered his secrets. I felt bad that he had to deal with horrible parents, but the only thing I could do was stay a good friend and let him use me as an escape.

I missed those nights that we could talk about anything. I think it helped him a little bit, even if he refused to admit it.

He was always stubborn.

I sighed, sitting up. I knew I had to be ready for school in less than three hours. Why was I up so early? Who knows...

I just sat in my bed, staring into space, not quite awake, yet. I heard my puppy messing around in her crate downstairs, and I sighed before slowly walking downstairs. I might as well walk her before I get ready for school. I walked down the wooden steps, barefoot, and I grabbed her leash.

"Want to go for a walk?"

Abby stared blankly at me, tongue hanging out, and her tail wagging. I opened her crate and hooked her up to her leash. Just seconds later she bolted to the door, dragging me with her. I grunted as I ran into the door, but I didn't leave much waiting time for Abby as I opened it. We jogged for a bit before she decided to stop and do her business.

As soon as I got home, mom was sitting on the couch, in some form of lingerie. She had decided a few years ago that it's her house and she'll dress however sexy as she wishes. She watched me take Abby off her leash and let her run around. "When will you have Tom and Harley come over again?"

Tom and Harley were good friends of mine. We would never be as close as Kellin and me, I knew. Kellin left such a deep hole in me. He didn't even care enough to tell me he was leaving, and I thought I was his best friend. "You aren't going to wear that if I have them come over, will you?"

She laughed, "No, I don't think it'll be a good idea to wear something like this around hormonal teenage boys."
♠ ♠ ♠
I like Curt's mom, even though I made her seem like some kind of slutty whore. Lol. XD