Not A Soul

Curt

My heart is stuck in my throat, clogging the airway to my lungs. The lack of air flow made my legs weak, and I cave, falling to the floor just barely in the house. Did he really just say that? I finally gasped for air, realizing he really did. He really expressed feelings for me, and I could feel a permanent blush spreading over my cheeks.

"Curt," My mother says softly, once she saw me laying on the floor, "What are you doing down there?"

I look up, and the blush vanishes. She's wearing see through lingerie. I can't look at her, any longer, and I try to get the image of her out of my mind. "I went on a date tonight."

Abby barks as she spots me from her doggy bed in the corner. We recently started letting Abby sleep in a small pet bed, instead of her crate. She doesn't have accidents any more, and she'll let us know when she needs to go. It's much less of an issue, and she's becoming more and more lovable everyday.

"Abby," I growl playfully, and she jumps up. Her tail wags, and she jogs over to me. I rub her, and she licks my face. "Did you miss me?"

I rolled around the floor with her, and my mom laughs at us. She says, "You are such a kid with her around."

-

The blush is back as soon as I see Kellin at school on Monday. He's sitting in his seat in class, and he is staring at his hands. I knew almost immediately that I should talk to him, but Bennett pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Curt, what' going on between Hanley and you? Are you two fighting?"

I look to Bennett, and I sigh, "I'd rather not talk about it."

"You two are best friends. You need to work this out." He wraps his arms around me, acting like a father. I think he thinks he is my dad because he's so madly in love with my mom.

I grunt, and he lets go. He laughs, "Sorry."

I sit besides Kellin, blushing like mad, and I quietly say what I've been wanting to say to him since he left me after our first date. "Kelly, I really like you, too."

I see that small smile on his lips that not anyone else would notice, and I kiss his cheek. I love the way he makes me feel, and I could only hope he feels the same way about me.

"Are you going to come over after school today?" I ask.

He nods, and then he softly says, "Yeah."

I don't think he wanted people to hear, but it made my heart soar to hear his deep, low voice sound so soft and harmless. I smile, and I bite back a toothy grin.

"I can't wait."

"Class," Mr. Hart rolls his eyes, "Quiet down, please."

My hand is brought up to my nose ring. I'm playing with it again. The cold silver is smooth against my finger tips, and I move it back and forth. I like the feeling it gives me.

"I want everyone to pair up for our next project." Mr. Hart says, "Open your books to page three hundred and twenty-two. That's going to be your next project."

I look over at Kelly before Bennett can ask me, and Kelly is already nodding.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a short filler, I know, but I think it's cute.
Comment (: