Impala and Ingrid

chapter 3

‘Impala’s on the phone!’ mum shouted up the stairs.

I ran over to the phone and picked up the phone plastered with stickers of my chemical romance, bowling for soup and minus IQ.

‘Hi!! What you up to?’ I asked her.

‘Are you alone? We need to talk. Can you meet me?’ Impala’s voice sounded panicky.
‘Where should I meet you? At the old park be hide the Boggs? Or the other place? Why do you need to meet me so urgently?’

‘I’ll tell you when you get to the place. That’s all I can tell you…for the time being.’

‘I’ll be there in ten. Ingrid out.’

I shoved on my trainers and jumped over to my window.

I my window as wide as it would go without breaking it again.

I looked down to see the flattened bush.

I grabbed for my black out door gear bag and threw it out of the window.

The bag landed just in front of the broken down gate. I climbed on to the window sill and took a deep breath.

I closed my eyes on jumped out of the window and landed a second later in the bush. I jumped out of the bush and grabbed the black bag.

Crouched under the dinning room window before mum or Tom (my brother) could see me.
I unzipped the front small pocket and took out my garage key.

I edged my way over to the garages smaller of the two doors.

When I finally reached the garage door I had 7 and a half minuet left.

I stood up slowly making sure that I’m not being watched, I unlocked the garage and slipped in side making sure that I didn’t make the garage door that I didn’t slam it.

I fumbled around trying to find the light switch on the right hand side of the door. Success!