Status: still going, but i still think its turning to shit :S

Warped Fusion

Fusion

“My heart don't stop, da da da da something something”
I sung to myself as I poured milk into my bowl of rice bubbles.
“Kaya, honey, you're up pretty early for the first day of the summer holidays” mum said as she took the washing through to the laundry.
“I've got that concert thing today Mum, remember Cassie's taking me too? Warped Tour I think it's called. Something like that” I told her through a mouthful of cereal.
“Uhh huh. And 17 year olds are allowed to go are they my precious little girl?” she laughed to herself.
“Very funny mother but you already said I could go so hah” I poked my tongue at her.
“yeah yeah chill I'm not gonna try and stop you” she sighed as she walked out.
I didn't even know why I was up at 9 anyway, the bands Cassie wants to see start playing at 2.30pm. Her boyfriend was in one of the bands, started with A... An.. Oh yeah, Anarbor. I never used to listen to music along the punk, rock lines but I gotta say, they've turned me. Her boyfriend was Slade, and yeah, he was maybe a bit older then her but he is one of the nicest guys ever. His band was pretty amazing. They were just starting out, literally and this was they first shot at something big. They had never done a performance like this.
At around 1pm I was waiting outside in my faded skinny jeans, bright blue tiger shoes, and a shirt my friend made for me, covered in prints of polaroid photos. I was so comfy. I had a feeling I was going to regret wearing jeans, but whatever. My favourite necklace sat on my breastbone, and that cold familiar feeling made me feel ok. I never ever too this necklace off. Ever. The little gold bird charm meant the world to me, and I didn't even know why. I actually found it when we visited our family friends in Maryland, when I was 7. It's been on my neck ever since. As Cass pulled up in her car, music blearing Mum yelled something about raging drunks as I got in. I looked up at her in the window, and she laughed and shooed us off. Gotta love her. Cass yelled a hi and bye before we drove off.
After half an hour, Cass was still belting her lungs out to the music. “RUN BABY RUN! DON'T EVER LOOK BACK, THEY'LL TEAR US APART IF YOU GIVE THEM THE CHANCE!”
she looked at me and laughed while she was singing along, probably because I had wicked awesome air drumming skills. We sung for the rest of the 20 minutes until we saw the set up of stages and people everywhere. What a massive crowd. I had never been to something like this. My stomach fluttered. I was actually a bit scared.
Cass clipped my backstage pass to me and patted my head with an excited smile. I felt like such a little kid. But I was excited too.
“We still have like, 20 minutes before my sexy boyfriend comes on stage” Cass stated as I rolled my eyes jokingly.
I was excited for We The Kings, mainly because I actually knew some of their songs, and I had a weird love for Travis' flaming long orange hair. It was unusually awesome. They were playing after Anarbor, then there was another band after that to finish off that section. I didn't know who, Cass didn't tell me so I walked over and examined to line up poster as Cass talked with some other friends she found. I ran my finger down the list, and naturally started talking to myself.
“Anarbor.... We The Kings... All Time Low... Who are they? They definitely sound emo. They better be ok, I think Cass wants to stay and watch them.” I started humming. I turned around to bump into a guy, who was taller then me. He had an odd look on his face. Embarrassed and awkward, but not because I had bumped into him I think. He had his hands in his pocked. I looked at his tag thing, at it read ALL TIME LOW. My eyes widened as I became red and embarrassed. This poor guy had heard be bagging out his band.
“We're not that bad, I promise. Just stay and see” he said, before giving me a huge smile. I nearly melted. In fact, I think I did a bit. I started saying something, well I tried too but he just laughed and said, “don't worry our name kinda gives that impression. But stay and see us, ok? Promise?”
I couldn't say no to that gorgeous face, and I was still embarrassed so I just held up my pinky and he laughed and wrapped his pinky around mine, before smiling and walking off towards the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter, first story. but please leave comments to tell me anything! what you love or hate or want to suggest, whatever. :) thanks for reading :)