Status: still going, but i still think its turning to shit :S

Warped Fusion

Song Book

In the middle of the night, I woke up to Alex gently prodding me. We were sharing my bunk as usual. Just for comfort. I hated being woken up.
“Nooo.. later..”
“Kaya, is it really hot in here?.. or is it just me.” Alex said sounding groggy.
“Are you kidding? Its hell cold” I muttered with a little shiver.
I rolled over and put he back of my hand on Alex's forehead.
“Jesus boy! You are steaming. Are you feeling alright?”
“No not really” he muttered getting out of my bunk when I grabbed his hand. I led him to the mini bus kitchen and got a damp cloth for him. He held it to his head and let out a sigh of relief.
“I'll be fine lets just get some more sleep” he smiled at me.
We were asleep within the next 5 minutes.
The next morning however was not good. Alex had completely lost his singing voice, and they had a show to play tonight. One of his random band friends who was practising to be a doctor said he wont have his voice back in time for the show.
He moped around all morning, and by 12.30pm I was fed up.
“Fuck it, Alex lets do something. The guys are happy for a day off, so their chilling. Don't worry. But you're moping.”
“I want to show you something” he said with what voice he had left.
He grabbed my hand and we climbed up into his bunk. He shut the curtain and I sat cross-legged against the wall. Alex pulled out a green crumpled hand made type book from down the side of his mattress. I watched him pull it out, and I saw him quickly shove another book that came out with the other one. It was black and silver and he quickly shoved it down the side of his mattress. I pretended not to see and he bought it. He handed me the green book, slightly grinning. I looked at the front and it said ALEX'S SONGS. It was so cute, clearly written by a younger Alex.
“Can I read it?”
He nodded blushing a bit.
I opened to a random page. Bad habit of mine, I never read anything straight from beginning to end.
I opened it to a page titled 'Therapy”. I read through the lyrics.
“Alex this is amazing” I exclaimed opening to another page. I read and read. The book was packed. I sat there for about 2 and a half hours, just reading. I asked Alex about all of his songs, and I could tell which ones were written recently or ages ago. I noticed though when I wasn't talking, I'd look up at Alex and he was lost in thoughts. Something was troubling him. I kept reading, and glanced up to his face then back to the book. My eyes snapped back up when I saw him discreetly wipe silent tears from his eyes.
“Alex, baby, are you ok?” I questioned, gently. I moved closer to him. He just shook his head from side to side and let the tears fall freely. I hugged him and his tears stained my shoulder. He wasn't sobbing or anything though. The tears just flowed. He stopped after a few minutes, and after giving me a gentle kiss, he led me out of his bunk.
That night the guys wanted to go out. Alex was back to his normal self, for some reason and was full with energy. Him and Jack were throwing themselves at each other while the other guys tried to get them off the bus.
“There isn't really anywhere we can go is there?” Rian said, his arms full of Jack.
“I'm sure we will find somew- Jesus Alex how can you get you're leg that high you almost hit my face!” Zack exclaimed laughing at his hyperactive friends.
I let them get out of the bus first, I was scared for my health here.
20 minutes later, we were in someone's car, by the name of Martin Johnson or something. He must be a good friend to lend his car the these lunatics. We pulled up outside the liveliest club we could find on a Tuesday night.
To my surprise it was packed. Really packed. I grabbed Alex's hand at the line for the door as we gazed through at the people dancing inside.
“Wait, how are we even gonna get me in? I'm 17 remember.” I asked gazing at the crowd.
Alex laughed and squeezed my hand. “Hang on I'm thinking. Or better yet, don't think just walk.”

fail.

We got stopped straight away.
“Hey.. I recognise you.. You're the singer from All Time Low. I've seen you at Warped.” The guy at the door had a friendly face.
“Oh hey, I'm Alex, and this is Kaya” Alex said shaking the guys hand.
“I'm Matt. I'm a guitar technician on call at tours and stuff, just in case.” he said adding a laugh at the end.
Alex smiled at him.”That's always handy.”
Matt looked at me.”Honey how old are you? Actually, don't tell me, just go have fun” he gave me a little shoulder pat and wink as he let us through.
“Thanks man” Alex said, giving him one of those knuckle punch things.

The club was so loud. We lost Jack straight away, then about 2 minutes later we lost Rian and Zack.
They were all off having a good time.

Into the night I was enjoying myself. I spent it with Alex dancing like an idiot with him, but having so much fun. He didn't look at the other girls as they danced around him for attention. His eyes stayed with me. That made me happy.

Well into the night, Zack came flying at us. He had pushed and shoved through the crowd to get to us. He was painting and had blood dripping from his nose.

“Fucking... Assholes-fighting..Jack... So many...” Zack tried to get out between breaths.
Alex and I bolted out with Zack following him out the door. There was a crowd yelling in a massive huddle. Alex pushed through. I squeezed in, and I did not like what I saw. An unconscious Jack amongst all the fighting, and Rian trying to fend them off. It took the three boys about 4 minutes to get the random drunks off Jack. The drunks said they didn't like how he was looking at 'their girls'.
As soon as they all pissed off Zack picked up Jack of the ground, and I followed, wiping the blood of Jacks face and torso.

Rian drove us all to the hospital. Alex and I sat it the back with Jack spread across our laps. Alex held my hand, his face stone cold and expressionless.

After what seemed, a long time Alex turned to me.
“Why is it, the people close to me always end up like this?” his voice was cold and sad.
“Alex, he's just hurt. He got into a fight. He's just being a boy. It's not going to kill him.” I said to him.

“I've heard that before” Alex voice was barely audible.

And again, I see an icy tear roll down his cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its a bit of a filler chapter, with of course, some more drama xD
in the next 2 or so chapters, im going to finally get Kaya to find out what is actually wrong with Alex. its not too hard to guess ;) but then again my writing is a bit crap so i dont blame you if you have no idea what the hell im going on about half the time.
thanks for reading!!

and thanks especially to prettyxinxyourxpain for your comments. i appreciate them :)