Lies and Broken Smiles

06

I was stuck in the living room all day, my mother had wanted me to take a day off after what had happened, and then after my sister returned home from school I was stuck watching 'reality' TV. shows. I hate them they are nothing but drama.
I'd had two egg whites, 17 each if I’m not mistaken, that morning I didn't need to be fainting again.
I stood up and walked into the exercise room as I stood on the treadmill my mother appeared.

"Sweetie why don't you rest. You don't want to be pushing yourself after what happened."

The school had notified my mother and now she tried to get in my business it made it harder to fast I had to play normal around her. I hated lying but it was something that had become second nature to me.
Even though I've wanted her to care I don't want her to know about 'food problem' I guess whatever you wanted to call it.

"Mum I'm fine."

"Calista you're not allowed to work out today." She yelled I could hear the desperation in her voice; she then pulled me out of the room by my arm.

"Just please wait until you feel better."

"But I do!" I whined no matter what she wouldn't let me back in that room.

After dinner every one went in their own ways I sat in my bathroom purging my guts out I had eaten breakfast how could I eat dinner also after I sat on my bed till the pink glowing numbers on my digital clock told me it was two am.
I quitely made my way down to the exercise room and worked out for two hours on the treadmill and one hour on the stair stepper. I then did sit-ups and jumping jacks after I finally climbed into the shower feeling like I could barely move.
As I finished drying myself off my alarm went off. Time to get ready for school I thought but it was better than being home there no one could watch me... hopefully I wouldn't have to lie.
Turns out school was the same of course everyone had heard what had happened.

"Hey Cali glad to see your back!" Said Claire "It's so good to see you. How have you been?"

"I'm fine," I said.

Although no one knew why I had fainted they all had their own ideas and everyone wanted to make sure I was okay. I mean it's nice that they care but sometimes I wanted to be alone.

"Cali! Hey." I heard a familiar males voice behind me as I turned around I saw those
beautiful blue eyes.

"Dante? Right?" I asked

"Yea that’s right." He smiled "I heard what happened, you okay?"

I sighed
"Yea yea I'm fine thanks." I said getting ready to go my own way

"Sorry." He said looking down

"Why?"

"You must be getting tired of that question."

"Just a little." I laughed
He smiled back.

"So do you um want to like hang out later..." He said

I smiled at this "Sure what do you want to do?"

"Uh I was thinking we could go to the mall or something." He said unsure "Meet me after school."

"Alright I'll be there."
I smiled as I walked to my next class