Status: Read it and find out:)!

The Unknown

CHAPTER THREE: TWO BIRDS, ONE STONE

"Chiron, I know that you've told me that just because... Because I'm different, doesn't mean I'm incapable of... You know." I whispered, sighing as he and Mr. D continued their game. I was studying the other kids as they ran around camp... With their friends.

Mr. D poofed up a can of Diet Coke as Chiron simply nodded.
I turned toward their game and rolled my eyes. Mr. D would loose this round, get angry a little bit, and then possibly go inside in a pissy mood. "Then, why is it so hard?"

"It's probably because you're always so moody and hiding from everyone."

I glared at Mr. D as he made the move that would cause him to loose. "No, the moody part would be your problem... Chauvinistic pig."

Chiron laughed as I muttered my last comment, and lay his cards down, claiming the prize. "Camelion, it is all up to how you decide to treat others. Tonight, during capture the flag for instance... You always hide in the shadows. You realize, though... If you would make an alliance, you would win."

Mr. D got up in a huff while muttering something about cheating and then ignorant brats and damn rules.

The door closed behind him and I took his seat across from the centaur that had practically raised me. "I don't want people to like me because I can tell them what they want to know. They're suppose to find out on their own, and I don't want to be used..."

Chiron sighed, looking up at me from what he had won as Grover walked toward us. "Why do you suddenly wish to make friends, when you've always wanted to hide?"

"I don't know." I whispered, looking over at the centaur beside me. A presence made itself clear behind me; I honestly wasn't going to answer, but whomever had walked up had given me a reason not to. "What is it?"

Grover looked at me with wide eyes, before stuttering to Chiron. "P-Percy wishes to speak to you, s-sir... In private. He has a question."

"Very well..." The centaur smiled, before turning to me. "Just be yourself, and do whatever seems to be right... Everything that is meant to be, the Gods will set into place. Rest assured, my dear."

I nodded, standing up and not failing to notice Perceus Jackson walking toward us. "Very well..."

"Oh, and Cam, dear?"

I turned back to look at him. "Yes?"

Chiron smiled at me, motioning for Percy to take a seat beside him. "Maybe part of the reason the other campers find you so intimidating has something to do with that cape and hood?"

"I see, that's too bad." I whispered, vanishing into the shadow and walking toward my cabin.

With Percy.
"Well, what would it be, Percy, my boy?"

Percy looked at the centaur that had pretended to be a Latin teacher just less than a week ago. His curiosity just couldn't seem to fade, and he hadn't failed to notice who the creature had just been talking to. "My question... Is actually to do with... That girl."

Chiron's gaze lifted curiously to meet Percy's. "What of Cameron?"

"Well, for one... I've noticed she doesn't look like anybody else here... Would that mean her parent was one of the... Three? Or..."

The centaur looked both ways, checking to make sure that Cameron had actually left instead of staying to ease drop. "Do you remember the hint I gave you in class, Percy?"

"You mean, that there are possibly other gods?"

"That would be the one." Chiron smiled.

Percy was momentarily flabbergasted. Another god? But there were only twelve Olympians... How could there possibly be another? "But sir..."

"There is a reason no one knows of the goddess, a reason Cameron is so different from everyone else... So secretive." The half-man, half-horse sighed. "She would not appreciate me telling you this, Percy... What made you ask such a thing?"

The boy looked down, trying to think of just how to say everything that had made him so curious. "She spoke to me yesterday... Clarisse was, uh..."

"Being Clarisse?" Chiron suggested.

Percy shrugged. "Yeah, and... The girl, she stopped her."

Chiron's gaze turned to one of amazement. "I think I have just killed two birds with one stone, my boy."

"What?"

The centaur smiled as though he knew something nobody else knew, which, if Cameron had been there, that probably wouldn't have been the case. "You two talked, and suddenly... You want to know more about her, and... She wants to make friends."

The boy rose an eyebrow. What was he talking about? Perhaps the teacher was a few screws loose, if you know what I mean?

"All in good time, Percy." Chiron said quickly, standing on all four hooves, and turning toward the steps.

"What, but I-"

Glancing back at the boy, Chiron smiled. "Just be sure to be ready for Capture the Flag."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, anyone?
Anything you like a lot, anything you don't like?