Status: Read it and find out:)!

The Unknown

CHAPTER FOUR: CAPTURING ALLIANCES

Everyone was with their alliances, I by myself. Chiron had said to put myself out there... But I couldn't just put myself out there without dangering some future events.

There was Perceus, standing alone. I was in the shadows... Watching, waiting. He tried to brush off a low growl behind him, that was the mistake. His mistake... My mistake was doing as Chiron said.

Clarisse appeared, ready to taunt and attack. But I, still in the shadows, stood behind him... For once in my life, choosing an ally. "Get in the water, Perceus." I whispered, loud enough that just he could hear me. I saw his eyes widen, obviously recognizing my voice. "Do it, do it now."

To my surprise, he did what I told him to. Suddenly, I wasn't watching just some ordinary looking boy... He was more than that, much more, as he fought back.

I smirked as he broke Clarisse's spear, but soon realized what was about to happen next.

Luke ran over the safety line with the flag, and I watched with a hatred I couldn't explain as Annabeth appeared beside Perceus in the water.

Another low growl erupted behind me, and everyone grew silent... I was about to make my second mistake.

The beast charged, so I side-stepped in front of it to have it push me out of the shadows. It eyed the boy, watching him with blood lust.

Pushing it's clawed paw into my side, it drew blood before pushing me aside. I pulled the dagger hidden under my cloak out, stabbing it twice to watch it evaporate into the unknown.

Sitting up, I could feel both Poseidon and my mother's disappointment. This was suppose to be the moment... A big moment. "Just claim him already!" I shouted at the sky. "You know you want to, you know he's yours."

Everyone gasped as a sign flickered in the clouds, and turned to Perceus with wide eyes. None of them had suspected him to be of one of the big three's. It was obvious, though; the eyes and the way he acted.

Perceus, whom hadn't paid one bit of attention to his own claiming, had rushed to my side and stared at the gash in it. My own eyes were looking at him as if he were stupid, as were Annabeth's. Of course, her eyes changed directly to fear when our eyes met. "Percy... You were just claimed."

He glanced up at her before looking back up at me. "That's great, Annabeth. But Cameron is kind of fatally wounded over here."

Chiron chuckled and shook his head, looking down at me as he reached the scene. "What an eventful day indeed... At least I had a small warning. Though it hardly did justice."

I cast him a bolt of a smile as I watched him wink my way before he turned his attention to Perceus. "She's going to be fine, boy. Cameron has went through worse self inflicted and emotional pain, as she would tell you herself if she would actually speak to someone."

Scoffing, I tried to stumble to my feet, only for Percy to catch me as I began to fall backwards. He chuckled before picking me up bridal style and facing Chiron.

"Everyone carry on. The game is over." Everyone began to whisper as they left, causing me a headache as their wondering was evident in their eyes.

Chiron lead the way for Percy, back toward where Mr. D sat grumpily in a chair. "What did the little b-"

Tisking, the centaur gave him a look before ordering Percy to sit me down on the bench a few paces away. "Don't be so rude. She risked her own life for our newly claimed Percy here."

"Oh yes, Poseidon's best." I glared at Mr. D's sarcastic grin. He had this way of always pissing me off when he was near.

Chiron quickly rose an eyebrow at me as I went from heatedly staring at the man poofing up what was a lack-of-fixation for his craving to desperately up at the sky. "What is it?"

"She isn't happy." I looked down before quickly pushing Percy gently away and standing up slowly. "I just can't win."

Mr. D rolled his eyes at me as Percy insisted I sit back down. Chiron simply gave me a look that said he wished he could do something, and I knew he did... But he just couldn't.

I hobbled my way down the stairs before looking up at the sky. A small tear made its way down my cheek as I whispered toward it, before quickly passing out and falling to the grass.

"I'm tired of knowing that the one thing I really know is that I'll never make you proud of me, mother."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated:D