Time to Man Up

Time to man up

He sat there watching her. Watching her interact with the people at the party and with his band mates. Watching her drink with them knowing she couldn't keep up with them, and knew all too well, that soon she would be drunk...drunk, rude and obnoxious. She's Kai's best friend, actually more like his sister. He watched and watched. He sat there watching, ignoring the other girls that had tried to approach him throughout the night. He lit his cigarette inhaling the smoke deeply into his lungs. Before he could even exhale she walked over to him and grabbed the cigarette from his lips and put it between her own. He glared at her and she glared back while she too inhaled it's smoke. When she did exhale, she blew the smoke directly into his face then lifted her drink to him as if giving a gesture of cheer and walked back over to the others on the make shift dance floor.

Her name is Eli, well that's what the band calls her, but to him she's always been Ariel. Sure, she could be easy to get along with and was friendly towards the band, but he hated everything about her...she could be vulgar, perverted, way too judgmental, and she could have a bad attitude. He hated her because she had every quality he never wanted in someone. Qualities that were a turnoff to him...At least that's what his band mates thought. In truth, she was the one thing he wanted more than anything and it scared him.

He lit another cigarette as he got up and grabbed himself a beer and leaned against the wall watching her. He watched her laughing with them, watched her playing with her hair. She did it all the time. When he first met her she constantly played with her hair. He thought it was out of nervousness, but still she does it, constantly...and he loves it. How badly he himself wanted to run his fingers through her short choppy hair. He watched her. Her deep brown eyes, her perfect body, her small mouth and perfect lips. All he wanted was her!

He watched her dancing in the middle of the floor. Watched the same guy throwing himself at her repeatedly, only to get turned down several times. It made him happy to see her reject the guy, but made him insecure that she would reject him too. He watched and watched until the guy went too far and grabbed her. Grabbed his Ariel...or at least that's what he wanted her to beā€¦his. To him her name was as sweet as the perfume she wore.

He was now irate and in his furry stormed over to her and threw his arm around her waist.
"Get the hell off my girlfriend"
Both Ariel and the guy jerked their heads up at the self proclaimed 'boyfriend'.
The guy glared at the two of them, watching her reaction. Ariel smiled at her 'boyfriend' pulling her body against his, resting her head on his firm chest and wrapped her arms around him. Her touch sent shock waves through his body and he was never more thankful for the strip of cloth covering his nose and now flame red cheeks.
The guy put his hands up apologetically "Reita...man, sorry...I didn't know she was taken"
and simply walked away.

Reita expected Ariel to turn and walk away too, rejecting him as well, but she still held him tightly. She looked up at him and smiled, and he shyly smiled back. It was now or never. Time to man up...he was a rock star after all, and this should not be that intimidating. He picked her up, carrying her with his arm around her waist, and headed towards the staircase. She laughed and snatched two beers off the bar as they passed it. He took her upstairs to the first available bedroom, and kicked the door open with his foot. Once inside he set her down and closed the door behind him. Ariel walked up to him and reached for the door. His head hung low with rejection but quickly snapped back up with a smile as he heard the click of the lock.

He grabbed her and pulled her tightly to him. His warm breath on her neck. She looked up at him and ran her hands through his hair, removing the cloth strip from his face. His lips quickly met with hers as he kissed her with every ounce of want that he felt for her. They were both panting when they broke the kiss. He had one hand cupped on her cheek, his thumb running across her pierced lip, and the other finally playing with a longer strand of her hair. His eyes were locked on hers and he sheepishly smiled "Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to do that?"
She smiled back at him and rolled her eyes "It took you long enough!"...
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a oneshot I made on Quizilla.