Status: slowly updateing ..x..

Life With You

Without Once Thinking

We all sat there in the front room enjoying what seemed to be a nice 'family' game night. While really what was happening was argument after argument about cheating, in a nice, calm way. It was fun, until Dylan started to copy everything we where saying, some things you would want your two year old to say. For this he was put on the naughty step for two minuets and we all shut up with the language. We carried on like that for the rest of the night, all of us talking and laughing at what someone else has said.

The next day me and Gustav sat in the kitchen eating our cereal, Bill had taken Dylan out for me to the park, then to get some ice-cream.

“so, what are you doing this summer while we're on tour?” Gustav asked then took another spoon full of cereal to his mouth.

“I don't know. I might go and stay with Uncle Andy and Aunt Lilly. But still I don't know, every time I go there I get pestered by Aunt Lilly to be a model and Uncle Andy to be a singer, it gets annoying.” I say in a bored tone a ten year old would use by dragging out some words.

“well I think you should, and I'd go for the singing option, you have a great voice and since your uncle is a talent scout you may become famous, oh and recommend Cherry Tree Records too, we may tour together.” he said with a laugh at the end when seeing my face scrunch up like it did when we where little and he said something biased towards himself.

“Well, I think I should be a model, have you not seen what clothes you get to wear, people can't even buy that stuff!” I also finished with a laugh, of course he knew I was joking I would never be a model, ever since his farther told me I should.

See we are only half brother and sister, our mother got re-married my farther after they found out she was pregnant with me, which made Gustav my brother. So as you can probably tell, Andy is my dad's brother, therefore, no relation to Gustav at all.

“So, what are you going to say, I mean, they definitely want you to pick one thing, and we both know mom has nothing else planned out for you. So you'll have to chose.” he said staring me straight in the eye.

I picked up my empty bowl and put it into the sink as I walked across the room, “I don't know what I'm going to do, there isn't much choice because of having Dylan, I mean I don't regret it, he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. But, well, I don't know, there's a certain range to what I can do, and I can't do either of the jobs with him, it would be too much.” I then walked off leaving a startled Gustav, and a shocked Bill, with a very confused two year old.

“well this is awkward,” I said.

“yeah, it is, but Lexi, having a child, doesn't mean you can't have a career at the same time, I mean look at Tom, he's doing fine-” Bill said but I cut him off.

“yer, but he acts as if he doesn't have a kid, so don't even start.” I said the stalked off.

I walked up the stairs right past Tom, and Chloe. I walked into my room and slammed the door so hard a picture fell of the night stand next to it. I picked it up, as I did, my finger caught on the glass frame it was in, and got cut a little, but it didn't bother me. I studied the picture, it was taken in the park next to my old house, it looked around summer time, just to make sure I checked the date in the bottom left corner.

Sure enough it was, the date read; 6.5.09. It was the summer after Dylan turned one. In the picture was me, Jake, Alex, Jamie, Jordan, Georg, and Gustav, Jamie's younger brother Mike had taken it for us, he was pretty good with a camera, considering he only just turned 5 at the time.

I sat on my bed with the photo, and broken frame, and all I could think about is, 'where was his farther at this time?', 'was he with another girl?, was he with his brother?, was he regretting ever meeting me?' I didn't know, all I could do was think, wonder.

At least we had a good time that day, we enjoyed our last day there, as me and Dylan where going to move in with Gustav the next day.

It was also the day I broke it off with Jake, because he was way too attached, can you say clingy?

I sat there for a while, until I heard small, quiet footsteps, and I stood up, put the picture face up on the night stand and knelt down to pick up the broken pieces of glass left on the floor.

I heard a knock on the door and looked up, “come in” I spoke in a small voice while still picking up the glass.

I look towards the door as I hear it open then close again, it was Bill.

“what bill?” I ask as nicely as possible.

“I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you angry, but I didn't realise, I just,” he paused for a moment, “okay I can't think of anything to say these moments are very rare.” ha laughed slightly, then stopped when he noticed I wasn't laughing too.

“well I got to get packing, so bye” I said and turned my back on him, picked up my biggest suitcase and poured out most of my draws into it. I didn't hear the door close and expected Bill to have left with out closing the door behind him. But as I turned around he was sat right behind me.

“What are you still doing here?, I thought I asked you to leave?.” I said frustrated.

“I'm here because I know something is wrong, and I think I need to find out.”

“well nothing is wrong, and don't you think you've done enough?,” I asked, there was a small silence and I turned back around to finish packing.

I didn't hear any movement for a while, but I sat still for a moment and heard the sound of feet getting quieter as Bill walked away. I finished packing after that with no more interruptions, that was until I decided I should get downs with this suitcase. You see having a two year old son is not all good, he came in holding one of Tom's old caps.

“Mama, look at what I found in front room, isn't it cool.” he said, his deep brown eye's shining more than normal with fascination.

“it's great honey, now go put it back, I'll buy you one, that looks really old.” I said tears springing to my eye's, it was the cap he wore when we first met me, it was also the cap he gave me for my 15, just before I had Dylan.

He pouted, then looked at me, “mama, why you crying?, don't cry, I'll put it back, just don't cry.” he threw the cap to the floor and ran to comfort me.

I wiped my eye's and quickly the last feelings had left, I turned to Dylan.

“I'm okay. Now are you ready to go to Uncle Andy's house for three weeks honey?” I asked with a smile.

“Are you sure your okay Mama?, and of course I am.” he said half unsure, half happy.

I smiled and picked up the suit case with one hand, and grabbed Dylan's hand with the other. We walked into the living room to see everyone sitting down, I let go of Dylan and gave him a small push, he ran around the room giving everyone, including Tom, a good buy for now hug, then ran back to me. I set my suitcase down and walked out into the front room and gave everybody a hug, bar Tom, and happily skipped towards Dylan and my suitcase.

I took a hold of his hand and led him out to my Jeep, as we sat in there, getting buckled in, I realised that I had forgotten Dylan's bag.

Toms P.O.V.

As she left the room and closed the front door behind her, I noticed that she didn't have Dylan's bag, I ran up stairs ignoring all of the muttered questions directed towards me and reached Lexi's room.

'I haven't been in here since...' I thought to my self as I remembered the day I broke-up with her a month after Dylan Thomas was born.

I sucked in my breath and braved walking in to see a near empty room, the only picture on the wall was of me and her, half my face and body burnt off. I remembered that, Bill had tried to stop her from destroying it, as it was a cute picture. I then noticed it was the only thing left, the shelves where cleared of all of her CD's, no other pictured on the walls just the nails they hung from, the bed looked plain and empty without her colourful hand made sheets draped over it, no nice clean rug on the floor, and no more crazy colourful xBox we all chipped in to help buy. The room seemed lifeless, there was only one other out standing thing about the room, the small-ish sized suitcase positioned on the floor in an upright position. It was bright green with yellow and orange circles ascending from the bottom.

Dylan Thomas' suitcase.

I ran straight to the middle of the room and picked it up, as soon as I had a good grip on it I ran out of the room.

Nobody's P.O.V.

They where both heading towards the door at the same time, both touched the handle at the same time, and one pulled one pushed, the door came open. She went to walk in he went to walk out, neither looking to see if any thing was in the way, to transfixed on getting that suit case out side into the Jeep, that was ready to leave.

She bumped into his chest, he walked right into her face, both looked just as confused as the other, then noticed, and looked away, one with anger, Lexi, and one with remembrance, Tom.

They looked back and Tom handed Lexi their sons suit case, which seemed much lighter to him.

“Um, Do you need any help?” he asked timidly as he saw her face change.

She just glared back and walked away, towards he son and her new career, which she had chosen that night while packing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I really Need More Comments, Or No More Chapters, I Am Serious, Oh And They Need To Be From Different people, Thank You ..x..