In The Works

020. MAYCEE

Everyone thought that after John and Team WWE beat the Hell out of Nexus, it would be over, but, alas, we were all wrong. However, there were now only six members of Nexus because Darren Young was exiled, after not being able to beat John in his match on Raw.

Over the past couple of weeks I was actually able to catch Matt and Devvy to check in with them. Matt yelled at me for not answering my phone when he called and in return I yelled at him for not answering his. After that fight, Devvy had snatched the phone from Matt, told him to suck it up, and we talked.

I explained to her that there weren't any Layla sightings, but there probably will be one at the 900th episode of Raw, which Devvy was fortunately able to attend. I also told her that mine and David's relationship was finally made official after Summerslam. This made Matt freak out once more. It took both Devvy and I at least fifteen minutes to get him to calm down before we could continue with our conversation Of course, he told me that he wanted to have a little chat with David in the future, which in brother language means some time later that night.

When the 900th episode rolled around, everyone was rushing around backstage to make sure everything would go smoothly. If they didn't, everyone knew Vince McMahon, even if he wasn't there or not, would personally contact them to fire them. Thankfully, I only had to make sure David was ready, which made my life much easier.

I sat backstage in one of the hallways on a folding metal chair, watching the show from one of the monitors.

"Maycee!" I broke my gaze from the monitor to where the voice was coming from. Dev and Matt were walking side by side toward me, Devvy looking eager to be back, even if it was only for one night.

"Hey!" I got up from my seat and met them. Matt pulled me into a hug, nearly crushing my ribs, while Devvy's was less bone crushing, and more friendly, "Took ya long enough."

"Matt got lost," Dev said with a small smile, "Where's David?"

"Getting dressed," I told her, "He should be here any minute now."

"Good, so I can talk with him," Matt added.

"Nope!" I said sternly.

"Why not?" Matt frowned.

"Because as soon as he's done getting dressed, I have to make sure he and the other members of The Hart Dynasty are at the gorilla position because they have a segment out in the ring that they have to get through," I explained.

"Plus Bret's here and he can kick your ass," Dev added with a sweet smile.

"You've become quite the Sass Master," Matt ruffled her hair, "I blame Brian and Jimmy."

She didn't have the chance to response because David, Natalya and Tyson all joined us. The three of them hugged Devvy, all happy to see her. They didn't have time to chat, because they were due in the gorilla position. David kissed me on the cheek, and the three were off.

Devvy and I watched from the monitor I was watching before, while Matt went off to find catering to get something to eat or drink.

"Wait, Matt!" I called.

"What, Meece?" He smirked, while I frowned.

"Watch out for Nexus!" I told him.

"Uhm, I don't wrestle?" he said in confusion.

"Just be careful!" Devvy shouted at him, "They'll attack anyone."

He raised his hands in defeat and went back to looking for catering. Devvy and I turned our attention back on the monitor to watch what was going on, but, of course, that was short lived.

"Hi Devony!" came two annoying voices. Both of us groaned.

LayCool had walked in front of us, making sure that we were focused on them and not what was going on in the ring.

"Hi..." Devvy said. I could feel her getting angry.

"And Maycee, was it?" Layla asked, focusing on me.

"Yes," I answered.

"You're dating David, am I correct?" she asked, twirling a piece of her hair.

"Yes..." I didn't like where this was going.

"You know, Layla, I thought he would pick someone...more attractive. Someone who was flawless," Michelle said.

"Someone like me, you mean?" Layla asked.

"You don't fit those qualifications either, Sweatheart," Devvy piped in, "I think your brother would make a prettier girl then these two, don't you think Mimi?"

"I do believe he would Dev," I said with a smile.

The two narrowed their eyes and then walked away without saying anything else. We watched them both knock into Matt, who was returning with two bottles of water.

"Crazy bitches," he shook his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
The only excuse I have for not updating is that school is kicking my ass. Senioritis is in full bloom for my friends and me....and I still have a whole year left.

With my other story....yeah, don't know when that's going to be updated.

Comment! <3