He'll Never Know

Video Killed the Radio Star

Indianapolis, a wonderful city if I may say. Busting with Fall Out Boy fans, well that might just be because where getting off the bus, and there all screaming at us.
But thats not my point. We watched as the fans faces fell realizing they were going to get a glimpse of Pete. 'ha ha ha suckers.' I thought.

We were all sitting back stage, hanging around waiting for the sound check to be called for. Now sitting around at 3 in the afternoon isn't always the funniest. But this is Pat,Joe and Andy where talking about.

"Hey Delilah, guess whose here?"

"Who?" I asked glancing up form my Alternative Press.

"Me!" Shannt of Cute Is What We Aim For came threw the door.

"Holy motherbuttfucker" I said dropping my magazine.

"I completely forgot, HOLY HELL! I AM MEETING SHANNT OF CUTE IS WHAT WE AIM FOR!" I blushed.

"Shit, I just had a complete fan girl moment, dammit, sorry" I said looking down at my feet.
Stenny started laughing her ass of with the guys.

"Andy my man, you owe me a twenty" Stenny said putting her hand out towards Andy.

"We didn't shake on it" Andy said smugly glancing back at his comic.

"You will give me that money if you want to see your drumsticks ever again."

"Drumsticks? I get new ones all the time"

"Not your ones singed by Green Day" I saw Andy cringe.

"Here, just don't hurt them!" I laughed.

"Hey! wait! you guys bet on me?" I said laughing.

"Yup your always worth something." I laughed.

"Hey, look I found our bassist" Patrick said coming in the door.

I turned around as Shant moved passed me.

"So are we going to make some girls cry tonight?"

Pete fucking Wentz, you've got to be kidding me.

"Pete"

"Delilah-"

"Pete, I don't need your words, I think I have an idea of why your here, no need for you to waste your breath" I said with as much hate, and spite dripping from my words.
I walked out of the room an onto the bus.

I locked myself in the bathroom. You see, I wasn't going to do anything stupid in here, I usually hide in the bathroom when I need to think or read, or write or something. My mom always thought it was weird but would go along with it and bring me a snack when I was in there.
And since she died I had been locking myself away more often. In a way it helped me to feel closer to her. I heard a knock at the door.

"Go away" I said in a annoyed tone.

"Hey its Dana, I just got here, well Stenny filled me in, and well, I know what your going threw."
"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, if I tell you you'd be the first to know"

I unlocked the door and let her in, re locking it behind her.

"Come join me in my office" I said motioning for her to sit on the toilet. [i was in the mini tub]

"Well you know, I know what your going threw, my dad disappeared along time ago, and my mom killed her self when I was eight, that's when Andy's mom took me in." She said.

"Wow, really makes me feel horrible, here I am acting like a bitch to my father, and your the calmest person I know and you don't have one" I said looking down.

"Yes, well I wasn't always like I am, it took a lot of work, a lot of pain, and actually-" she chuckled before continuing. "Pete helped me threw a lot now that I think of it. I blinked at her.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you know Pete went threw a lot of problems, and he gave me some kind words and shit,but you know he's not all bad, just a little cocky" Dana smiled.

"Oh and don't worry, I slapped him for you" She said smiling. I started laughing. Then there was a knock at the bathroom door.

"Thats my cue" Dana said with a smile as she stood.

"She's all yours" Dana said leaving the bathroom.

"Hi Pete" I said glumly.

"Hey Delilah, could you please listen to me? pretty please? I swear if you think what I have to say is shit you can burn my signed copy of Nightmare Before Christmas" Pete gulped as he said the last part, his eyes pleading with mine.

"I guess" Pete smiled and motioned for me to leave the bathroom.

"I want to show something that made me realize how much of a butthead I am"

"Oh really?" I questioned looking at him.

"Yup, sit right here" He motioned for the couch, I plopped myself down on it.

"I had originally gotten only one tape-" He said motioning towards the V.H.S in his hand. "-but then just as I was getting ready to leave for the airport I got this" He put in the second tape and sat down next to me.

My mother's face came to the screen, she smiled brightly at the camera. Her smile brought tears to my eyes.

"Hey Pete" She said cheerily. I glanced at Pete he shrugged motioning for me to watch more

"Now, I know your probably thinking 'what the hell' and I know your probably off with the band,-"She smiled at this as if a distant memory came to mind.

"But if your watching this video, it means that I have passed on." Tears started slowly falling down my cheeks.

"And I wanted you to know the truth, I know you thought I cheated on you, and that's why I left, but actually it was for a whole different reason." She went off camera for a few seconds, then reappeared, her eyes shining with unshed tears. She held in her hands a picture, it was me, when I was younger.

"Know she may be older when you see this, but this is my daughter, well your daughter. Yes Pete, your a dad, and I need you to take care of her. She is exactly like you, in so many ways. She's an insomniac just like you, has some rage problems, an undying love for Nightmare Before Christmas, and P.B&Jelly sandwiches." My mother smiled.

"So you see, I didn't tell you about Delilah, because well, ultimately, I knew your were destined to be famous, and I knew that was your dream, Delilah was my dream, and I got mine, So I thought you should have yours too. Well thats the story Pete, oh and so you know, I never did stop loving you, if this is my last words to you those are the ones I wanted you to know. I love you" The screen went black and I wiped my eyes smiling.

"My mom always did like to end things with a bam" I said.
Pete laughed. "Yeah, before I had gotten this one I got the cutest home movie of you and your friends dancing to one of my songs" Pete said smiling.

"Oh, ha ha, thats when my friend's forced me to be you, saying I looked like you, I had wanted to do a Green Day song, but they didn't listen" Pete laughed.

"Your mother was right on that video, you are a lot like me" I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess she was right."
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one more for this week, and let me tell you, the end is near....