He'll Never Know

Le Gasp!

I couldn’t breathe, couldn’t hear, couldn’t see. The world was a black abyss around me. I just barely made out the sounds of the television. Two Weeks, 5 hours, 8 minutes, and 34 seconds. that’s how long Delilah has been missing. I havent left the hotel. I cant bring myself to turn off the T.V incase something pops up. My sidekick has been in my pocket since her party. I haven’t changed, showered, slept. I knew I was a mess, but I jsut wasnt there. The only things I could remeber was where the guys were. Patrick was off with the police, Joe and Andy were with a search team combing the New York area. But I still sat here, hoping she’d call, or jsut burst threw the sdoor.
I heard the door slam. But didnt look to see who entered.
“Pete, come on, I know your, well you know-” Patrick was fumbling with his words trying to figure out what to say.
I grunted in reply.
“Pete, snap out of it dude, seriously”
I could feel him shaking me. Then I felt a sharp pain in my face, the word came back to me like a train racing down a track.
“What the-”
“I knew it would work!” Patrick said looking at me.
“Did you just slap me?” I asked looking at his face tredden.
“Come on we need to go
“Where? I’m not leaving, Del-”
“I know, but weh ave a problem, the record execs are pissed we canceled the tour, and blowing off all of our interveiws and shit. There threatenting that if we dont go to this TRL thing thats been booked for weeks they’ll sue..”
“Fine-” I said standing.
“Pete, change or something first please, you reak.”
“Whatever” I said going to my suitcase to change.
“This really sucks Patrick”
“I know, if it were up to me we’d be blocking off every exit to the city and searching everyone.”
“Lets go Patty Cakes”

Delilah’s P.O.V

I was awake, I knew that, but it seems, the place that I was in was pitch black. I didnt have a cell phone, ipod, nothing. I was luky Ih ad kept my hoddie on or else I would be freezing. I was hungry, every once in a while food appears. But I’ve got absolutely no clue where I am. I keep blacking out, my head hurts. I think there’s blood on my hand and face but I cant see to tell. I cant move. My body is bound together and the hand and feet. I try to scream but my voice wont work. I feel sick. All I could think about was where I am or if the guy;s know I’m gone. Howl ong have I been gone? I started to black out again, a bad stench filled where I was, I was getting used to it though.

Pete’s P.O.V

“Well that was great!” I raged throwing the lamp in our hotel room.
“Pete, calm down man, deep breaths” Andy said sighing.
“Calm? HOW CAN I BE FUKIN CALM WHEN MY DAUGHTER-”
Then Patricks phone went off. I looked up.
He answered.
“This is Patrick-”
“Really?!”
“When?!”
“Where?!”
“I’m coming”
Patrick smiled as he hung up his phone.
“They found her”
I was jumping on Patrick before he could even finish.
“Lets go Patty!!!!” I said like a 2 year old. They found her!
I have never felt joy like this in my life. We took off forthe hospital. We must of been going 90 miles per hour, but the car ride still felt like the longest car ride of my life. I jumped ouit of hte car not even bothering waiting for it to stop. Running threw the glass doors I tried to catch my breath.
“Delilah Wentz?”
“Room 333-”
I was off.
“Sir?!” The nurse called after me.
I burst threw the door, smile on face.
“DELILAH!” I cried like child.
My smile fell at the sight of her. She was dirty, bruised. She went threw hell. She didn’t wake up when I burst threw the door.
The doctor had followed Patrick and the others in.
“Mr.Wentz?”
“Thats me”
“Well Mr.Wentz-”
“Where was she found? Sorry” I said when the doctor grimaced atr me.
“In a dumpster in the slums” He said sighing.
My mouth was open.
“Looks like she was jsut dumped there-” He walked over to Delilah.
“- She had pretty nasty gash right about here” He said pointing to some stiches on delilahs forehead.
“She was hypothermic, so she might be sleeping for a while, but overall, she’ll make a good recovery. My advice is to ge ther some real food though,” He chuckled.
“I’ll leave you be”
I walked over to Delilah.
“Hey there Delilah what’s it like in New York City?” I whispered trying to lighten the mood.
“Now thats a cheesy line Pete, I think I’ll give Stenny permission to jump you for that one” She opened her eyes and smiled. I hugged her.
“Well I guess you missed me” She laughed and we all joined in.