Hidden

Chapter Seven; Screams, Laughter & Awkwardness

It's been a week since Nick and I kissed and we haven't talked about it. Which is, believe me, totally okay. I can only imagine how awkward that conversation would be. He gives me weird looks every now and then. Not really weird, they're just unexplanitory, so I call them weird.

Everytime he would look at me, his eyes would be shinning and sparkeling and the smile he gives me is breathe takingly gorgeous. His voice would be soft everytime we talked and we were always close in proximity. I don't know where this brings us, or where it's taking us, but I'm fine with it. I just want to take it slow, flirt a little bit, nothing serious.

I know what you're thinking "What? Since when?" Well, after the whole "whats-her-face" situation. I don't want to date someone who isn't over their past and who lets their past effect their future. That'd be too much drama for me and I would always be thinking if he wasn't with me, he'd be with her. I honestly wouldn't be able to live with that on my sholders.

So, the guy in Socials, remember him? Blonde hair, blue eyes? Him. Yeah, his name is Charlie. Which, made me laugh because my teddy bear's name is Charlie. But I like my teddy better then him. Charlie (the guy) is a nice guy. He's slowly becoming my friend. We hang out sometimes when I'm not helping Nick and when I'm not training.

He's pretty funny. He's a good guy and means well. A lot of people say he likes me, but... I just don't see it. Even Nick says so. I thinks he's jealous, but, I'm just getting my hopes up.

Nick and I decided we are going to take a break with the training. He's learned alot, and can change into a few different animals already and learned how to do his "saving throw" also.

I don't dream of my old clan anymore. Ever since Nick and I met, I'm either dreaming of him or just blackness. So, as you can tell I've come to terms with having feelings for Nick. I'm perfectly okay with it. He's promised not to hurt me and now I'm just waiting for him to get over "whats-her-face". Which is going faster then I'd like.

I know I said I liked him a lot and I do! Believe me, I do! But this is happening all too fast. I've always had trouble in relationships and I'm just worried I'll screw it up and he wont even want to be my friend. Call it insecurity, I don't care, but it's true. I've been trying to avoid Nick because that's all I feel around him. Insecurity. I feel like I'm not pretty enough, or smart enough. It's driving me insane and it's not going to be a long drive. The whole "avoiding" thing, yeah, it's not working.

Kayla had been invading Nick's space, but Nick just tells her to leave him alone. Everytime he sees her, he hides or turns the opposite way. He hasn't spoken more then two words to her since they kissed in the gym. It's been like this since...

"Raya, I want and need you in my life." Nick said as he grabbed both of my hands. We just shared our first, amazing kiss in the middle of the street under a street lamp. I blushed and bit my lip while looking down. I thought for a minute while Nick ran his thumbs over the back of my hands. I thought about me and him, our situation. Kayla and him and all the drama and finally made up my mind.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. I don't care how much I liked him, I'm not letting myself get hurt by him. So, needless to say this wont be easy for both of us. "Nick," I started sighing a little bit and I took my hands out of his. I crossed my arms against my chest and rubbed my hands against them "I-I can't. I can't be with someone who ins't over their past and lets it effect their future." I said holding back my tears, not wanting to make this worse then it is already.

"You want me to proove myself? Is that it?" I sighed at his tone and took a step back but he just stepped closer. "I will. I'll do anything. I'll stay away from Kayla, and wont even talk to her! I promise I wont hurt you and deffinately not on purpose. I will do anything for you to be mine. I swear."


Those are the words I've always wanted to hear from a guy and been dreaming of every night since then. It still scares me how serious his voice was. But, then again, it's Nick, when is he not serious? Still, something in his voice, shook me with fear.

I mumbled an apology as my math teacher called me out another time, interrupting my thoughts and flash back. It's Friday and school is almost over. I couldn't wait. Charlie, Nick and I are all going to my house for a horror movie marathon. Tonight is also my dad's second last night of graveyard shift for a while. I already asked him if they could sleep over and he said yes, only if they sleep in the extra bedroom which made me laugh. There's only one bed in there and it's a single.

Nick doesn't like the fact that I'm hanging out with another guy, when he's doing the best he can to avoid Kayla. But I told him that, that was his idea, not mine and that I just like Charlie as a friend, nothing more. I could tell slready that he's the jealous type. Which is why the most important rule in a relationship is: When you're dating, do not spend any alone time with the opposite sex unless they are family or it is your boyfriend/girlfriend or they are in the same room.

At least that's what my dad says. It's been keeping me out of trouble with relationships, which I'm happy about. And every girl just needs to accept the fact that her dad is right in most cases. Well, every kid needs to accepts the fact that in most cases our parents are right, wether we like it or not. But I'm not dating Nick, so I don't have to follow that rule quite yet.

I was on munchy dudty, which means I'll be going to the store right after school. Nick and Charlie are on movie dudty. I know it may seem a little unfair seeing as junk food can be a little expensive, but renting horror movies to fill the rest of today and all of tomorrow is even more expensive. Our movie marathon is going to end at 1am. I know, pretty late to end it, but the guys decided the times. Plus, they have their licenses, they can drive theirselves home.

Just thinking about it made me all excited again. I could not wait to get out of here!

[hidden;]

Mmmm... Ben & Jerry's... Deffinately! My basket is full of all kinds of chips including: Doritos, Tortia, Miss Vickies and Lays. Of course I got dip for the Tortia chips, what good are those chips without dip? I have all of our facorite chocolate bars and drinks that I could find. I just stepped into the ice-cream aisle. As I grabbed all our favorite kinds, when a few things caught my eye. 1. Creme Puffs 2. Dragees 3. White Rabbit Candy. I nearly died and went to heaven when I saw the last two. Those two are very hard find. I grabbed a thing of Creme Puffs and at least five bags of Dragees and White Rabbit Candy.

White Rabbit Candy isn't actually made for rabbits. It's a Chinese candy. As I said before, it's very hard to find outside of China. They're wrapped in two different wrappings. The outter wrapper is just an ordinary wraper with a white rabbit and some Chinese writting on it. The inner wrapper is a thin layer of editable rice paper. The whole thing tastes like vanilla taffy. Well, the white ones do. They come in different flavors. As far as I know, only vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. I've only had vanilla and it's delicious, but I'm set on trying to find strawberry and chocolate.

For those of you who don't know what Dragees are; they are these little silver ball candies that are hard and taste like Coca-Cola. I advise you not try to swallow them whole, you will choke and to not try to bite them, it will hurt. Trust me, I know. Now, I'm suspecting you all know what Creme Puffs. They're delicious and very popular in North America.

When I paid for all my munchies I got them bagged and called for a taxi. When I got I set everything up and put the ice-cream in the freezer. It's pretty hot out and even if they are arriving in a few minutes, I don't want the ice-cream melting.

I ran upstairs to wash the powder and concealer off my face and tied my hair back into a ponytail. I grabbed my dark blue khaki pj pants and a black wife beater. As soon as I pulled my shirt over my head, I heard the doorbell rind. A huge smile spread across my face and I ran all the way down the stairs and to the door. When I tripped I got right back up and started running again. When I opened the door there was Nick and Charlie holding their back packs full of clothes and other nacessities. They held up the bags of movies and I squealed opening the door allowing them in. I clapped my hands excitedly and jumped up and down slightly while watching them walk in. I know Nick might not be happy about Charlie being here, but Charlie doesn't hold my heart like Nick does. I know Nick doesn't know that and neither does Charlie, but I know it adn that's all that matters.

Once the guys were in their pj's we all sat on the couches and put in "Wrong Turn". My favorite. I sat a lot closer to Nick then I did to Charlie. Nick's thumb ran across the back of my hand subtly and softly. A smile twitched on my lips but I hid it. I looked at Nick from the corner of my eyes and saw he was doing the same thing except they held a question and a smile in them. I subtly nodded my head and he smiled. A real smile. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I couldn't help but smile.

When the first scary part came up I jumped and smiled, loving the thrill and the fact that Nick tightened his grip on my hand. Though, I pretended not to notice he jumped a bit as well. The second scary part of the movie was rounding the corner and I knew it, soI gripped his hand a little bit tighter. As soon as it came up, I heard two girlish screams coming from both sides of me.

Yes, Nick and Charlie both screamed. Like little girls, might I add. I looked at the both of them, highly amused. Nick was blushing but just coughed and cleared his throat. Charlie, on the other hand, was covering his eyes. As another one rounded they screamed again. I guess it didn't help that the lights are off. I started laughing hysterically and paused the movie until I could breathe again.

"Puss-wuss." I heard both of them call each other at the same time. I laughed again. "Seriously?" I asked incredulously. "You guys scream at this movie and call each other puss-wuss'? I'm girl and I didn't scream. You both are puss-wuss'!" I exlaimed and I felt Nick squeeze my hand gently.

I looked over at him confused and he pulled me close, smashing his lips against mine. At first I was still confused but settled. With Nick's lips on mine, fitting perfectly, I totally forgot that Charlie was sitting right there and put my free hand around his neck and twisted my fingers into his curls. They were soft and bouncy. Just like I imagined many times. He pulled away, too soon in my opinoin, and whispered "I love it when you do that." into my ear. I was about to ask what he was talking about when Charlie cleared his throuat, making me jump and pull away from Nick.

Charlie's eyes were slightly wide, his mouth slightly ajar and his eyebrows were raised. I blushed and got up from the couch, turning so I could face them both. I scratched the back of my head when the surrounding air filled with awkwardness.

"Uhmm... Who's up for some Ben & Jerry's ice-cream?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is pretty special. Usually my chapters are 4 pages long, 6 if we're lucky. But this one took 9 and a half pages to write. And, it has a dedication. (: To Rachel. I hope you like it! And sorry if it's a little boring. I tried my best! Thoughts? Ideas? Comments are keeping this story alive!