Forget Me, It's That Simple.

deux.

Practically running into a small coffee shop, also known as Starbucks, I frantically looked around for an empty booth. I found one in the far corner of the shop, it was isolated from all the other tables, but I didn't care. I needed time to myself, and I didn't want to be bothered by other peoples' conversations.

I felt my breath catch in my throat, I could barely register what just happened. Did I literally just bump into Alex Gaskarth? I thought I'd never see him in a million years. Out of all the places I could have moved to, I chose New York City because it's busy and beyond crowded. And just out of shitty luck I had to run into the one person who I've been trying to forget, and actually been successful in doing so.

Well that was up until now.

It's been three years since the last time I actually thought about Alex. Three years since I decided that I would never think about him and our short period of time together. And in those three years, I finally found someone who I can honestly say put the broken pieces back together. I found someone that I actually deeply care about, and I would never want to hurt him even if it meant emotionally hurting myself in the process.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket. I didn't recognize the number, which I normally never answer, but this time I felt like I should.

"Hello?" I hated talking on the phone, and I especially hated talking to someone whose number I didn't have saved in my address book.

"I can't believe you still have this number Sadie. I guess some things never change." I felt my heart start beating faster when I heard his voice. I couldn't help the way I was feeling, I hated it. I hated the way my lips quirked up into a little smile when he said my name. I hated the way my stomach would flutter, causing butterflies to come into the equation. I always loathed the butterfly feeling.

"Yeah I guess so Alex." I mumbled back, not liking the way I whispered into the phone. I wanted to slap myself across the face for acting like this. I then felt a rush of anger flow through my veins, which caused a question I practically spit out with venom. "Why the hell are you calling?"

"I just thought I'd catch up with you ..or something. Where are you right now?" I could hear the people in the background, but I ignored that commotion. All I could think about was Alex sitting in front of me in this booth, acting like nothing ever bad happened between us. Acting like he didn't break my heart into a little million pieces when I found him with another girl.

I hated him, and I am not going to tell him exactly where I am.

"I'm at the Starbucks." Maybe since there are a million and one Starbucks, he won't be able to find the one I am at.

"I'll see you soon Sads." Quickly hanging up, I smirked thinking that he'd never find the one I'm at.

I decided to order an Iced Chi Latte, which made me totally forget that Alex was supposed to be "seeing me soon." But that all changed when I felt his presence behind me and a soft little sigh come from him. Turning around I felt my knees buckle as he just stared down at me, scrutinizing my face like he forgot what I looked like.

I felt the blush coming so I turned around, grabbed my latte and practically jogged back to my table in the corner. He obviously followed, not saying a single word the entire time. As he sat across from me, he rubbed the back of his head. I smiled slightly remembering he used to do that all the time during our high school project together.

I mentally scolded myself for thinking about our past. I needed to tell Alex how happy I am now that I don't have him in my life anymore. I had to wait though since he was opening his mouth to say something.

"Wow, I thought this would be easier. I mean, how have you been?" There was no emotion, besides curiosity on his face. I felt slightly better knowing that talking to me is hard for him.

"I've been pretty good. I'm in love with my job slash hobby, which is photography. I moved into an apartment with my fiance, so I can't really complain about my life right now." ..well besides running into you that is. I felt slightly guilty when I thought that, but that faded when I saw the look on his face. I couldn't comprehend the emotion he was giving off, it changed so quickly that I couldn't pinpoint a single one.

"Fiance?" He barely choked out, and it looked like it was hard for him to actually say that one word. I felt almost sorry for saying that I was going to marry Noah, but that vanished when I remembered that Alex had no impact on my life anymore. I was three years older and not a naive dumb teenager like I was when I was with Alex.

I only nodded which sent his stare towards the window. The off and on pouring down rain outside was a good way of describing how I felt right now.

"I should probably go.." Alex announced as he stood up and quickly left the booth without saying a proper goodbye. I sat there with my mouth hanging open, why the hell did he leave like that?

I looked out the window and saw him crossing the street in the downpour of rain. When he made it to the other side he turned around and stared at me through the window.

I felt a shiver run up my spine when he turned back around and walked away.

I prayed to God that this was the last time I would watch him walk away from me, and from my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!
Leave a comment on what you think so far:)

Which by the way, thanks to everyone who has already left a comment, I lurve you guys :) Haha.