Forget Me, It's That Simple.

cinq

"Sadie, please, I'm begging you. She didn't, and doesn't mean anything to me! You do!" Alex's' eyes seemed to be focused on nothing but my tear filled eyes. His hands were placed upon my shoulders, and holding me there in front of him in case I decided I would run away.

Which I wanted to, by the way.

"Alex, you may say I mean something to you, and maybe I do, but it doesn't change the fact that you still slept with her. You still had a physical attraction to her well enough to get in her pants Alex. I should have believed those rumors that said you were a whore. I should have listened to my conscience telling me that I shouldn't get close to you, I knew you'd break my heart eventually. You know Alex, I wasn't like this.. I wasn't such a sappy little bitch, you turned me into one.. And I totally regret it." Shrugging my shoulders, Alex's hands trailed down the side of my arms. His eyes tore into me, the look on his face was heartbreaking. I wanted to take back what I had said just seconds before, but I knew I had to be strong.

"You regret what?" He somewhat whispered, placing his hands into his front pockets and lowering his head slightly.

"I regret ever walking into that door that you had pushed open. I regret being in that parenting class, and having to be your partner. And I regret falling in love with you in such a short period of time." Watching Alex's face contort into anger then into sadness, it made my heart shatter and made me wish I didn't see or talk to him in the first place.

"Well I'm sorry you feel this way Sadie. You know, you shouldn't ever regret something that once made you smile. And I know that I made you smile multiple times Sads. I just wish things could have been different.. And I'm truly sorry for what I did, I'll always regret that." Standing there speechless, I watched Alex walk away with his head lowered towards the ground, and his shoulders slumped over.

------------------------------------------------

"Babe? Baby! Are you okay?" I heard someone ask next to me. I was soaking wet, and I must have been crying in my sleep because there were small little wet patches underneath my eyes when I threw my hands over my face. I was violently shaking as well as I laid in Noah's protective arms.

"Yeah, I'm fine... just a nightmare." I closed my eyes when I felt them swelling up with tears. I couldn't believe I just had a dream about the last day I saw Alex before moving to New York. The last time I thought I'd ever see him again.

I pushed myself off of Noah and practically ran to the bathroom. Locking the door behind me, I threw off my clothes and got into the shower. That's when the tears and sobs came out.

How can one simple second in an ordinary day change everything? How can just one person from your past screw up your present and even possibly your future? Why did I have to run into him on that street, why couldn't it have been anyone else from high school? I wouldn't even care if I ran into that old hag Mrs. Frick.

All different emotions were running through my mind and body, and I didn't know how to control them. I love Noah, I know I do. but seeing Alex brought back old memories and feelings. With these unwanted memories and feelings, I didn't know what to do. Did I just have to see Alex and talk to him about what happened so I'll feel better? Or did I just have to ignore what I'm feeling and just marry Noah without having to see Alex again?

But he knew where I lived and he wouldn't leave me alone until I did talk to him. Maybe after our little reunion today, he'll leave me alone and I'll live a happy and peaceful life with Noah without having to deal with Alexander fucking Gaskarth ever again.

Wishful thinking though.
------------------------------------------------------

Walking down the street headed towards a random park that Alex picked out, my heart was racing quick. My legs and arms felt like jelly, and my stomach was hurting so much I felt like I had to throw up my breakfast.

As I got closer I could see Alex sitting on a bench petting a Golden Retriever's head. I smiled slightly remembering that he wanted to be a Veterinarian.

"Hey." I said quietly as I sat down next to Alex, smiling down at the small dog as she wagged her tail.

"How are you?" He responded as the dog jumped up onto the bench and put her head on my lap. "Bailey likes you." I couldn't help but smile at her, she was so adorable.

"She's a sweetheart. But yeah, I'm fine I guess, even though my life is so fucked up right now." I shot back at him with a slight glare. I heard Bailey let out a small whimper as I stopped petting her, so I rubbed her chin as she looked up at me.

Maybe bringing Bailey was a good idea on his move....

"I'm so sorry Sadie. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I thought after high school I'd go on tour and never have to think about you. I am on tour, but Jack has a really bad case of the flu so we're taking a small hiatus till he gets better. I never thought I'd run into you...like ever. But when I did, all my old feelings came rushing back. And I wanted to apologize Sadie. I honestly never meant to hurt you, and I know you don't believe me but I honestly, truly did love you." I kept my eyes down and watched the puppy fall asleep on my lap. I knew if I looked up I'd start crying, he never told me he loved me. He never even hinted at that feeling for me, so for him to say that to me now is just... fucked up.

"You know Alex, I forgive you but I'll never forget how you made me feel that night. You made me fall in love with you, just to get my heart torn into pieces. But whats done is done, and it's in the past. And I guess congrats in order on your successful band?" I still didn't look up at him, which I know was pissing him off cause he kept sighing.

"Can we just be friends Sadie? I would really like it if you were a part of my life. I know we'll never be what we were before because I hurt you, but I feel like we're older and more mature and we can have a somewhat friendship." I heard the pleading in his voice and when I looked up from the pup, I could see the yearning in his eyes.

"I have to think about it Alex. I love Noah and I don't want anything to come in between him and I." I tried to keep the squeakiness out of my voice because I was holding back tears, but it didn't work.

"Nothing will come between you two. I promise." He smiled at me, and I couldn't hold back the smile that found its way onto my face. His smile was genuine and all my hatred for him melted away and I stared into his brown eyes. I couldn't help the next five words that came out of my mouth

"Okay. We can be friends."

Hopefully this won't turn into a big ass mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback?