Take a Sad Song and Make It Better

Chapter 55

The red head pulled back her fist, pushing it hard into my stomach as I lost some of my breath in the contact. But to their discomfort and dismay, I didn't groan in pain of bite my lip to contain a soft sob of agony.

No. Instead...I smiled.

The girls gave me looks of pure horror and confusion as I laughed slightly, straightening my back up once again and staring deeply back at the two before me, shaking my head at them.

“Not this time.”

Before Red head could throw another faulty punch in my direction, I grabbed her fist hurdling toward me, twisting it back as she cried out in the pain I should have moments prior. I pushed her away from me, her body tumbling backward towards the other set of lockers on the opposite side of the hallway. Just as the Red Head was pushed away from me, the Blond stepped forward, grabbing the back of my shirt in between her perfectly manicured hands. I was momentarily out of breath from the sudden choke of my collar from my shirt hitting my throat before I twisted around, the Blond's grip decreasing in strength as I faced her long enough to get in a couple good punches to her stomach as payback for the one I had received beforehand.

Red head had somehow managed to pick herself off the floor finally before I felt her hands rake into my hair, tugging at the strands on her fingers, my eyes watering in pain on my skull.

In between punches on Blond, who had finally lost her grip on my t-shirt and tried to fight off my hits, her back against the lockers as I faced her head on, I managed to elbow Red Head in, what I assumed to be, her mouth, her grip tightened as she pulled the two of us back onto the tiled ground.

Blond jumped on the opportunity, throwing herself on top of me to get revenge, her brutal punches hitting my face mercilessly. I could feel my lip splitting with each punch, the wound reminding me of one of my first encounters with the two bimbos. As the cut opened, I felt the sting of blood and the taste of the metallic fluid seeping from my lips and onto my tongue. Not only was my lips bleeding, I concluded, but my nose as well which would be understandable with the sudden heat between the bottom of my nose to the top of my lip and around my left cheek bone as well.

Finally, after many punches, I managed to catch Blond's fist, pushing her backward and disentangling myself from the Red Head beneath me.

I had lost my cool.

I straddled the Blond's waste, delivering punch after punch to the bimbo's face and watched as the blood feel from her nose and seeping in through my knuckles.

Red Head jumped up from behind me to help her friend as she pulled me off from her accomplice. She didn't even have the chance to make a move to hurt me before I had my fist pounded onto her mouth, her lipstick smudging in the process.

Blond groaned on the ground behind me as I jumped on top of Red Head, punching her in the face repeatedly like her friend, as the blond regained her composure behind me.

She pulled me to the ground, my head slamming to the tile of the hallway beneath me. Red head jumped back on me, punching my face as her friend delivered kick after kick to my sides and stomach.

I hadn't noticed the crowd before but I sure noticed it now as I saw the shocked and stunned looks of the two boys standing in the doorway of my french classroom where I should have been all this time.

Jack's jaw was dropped, his hands tangled in his hair as he looked from me to the girls who brutally punched and kicked me from all sides. Rian was just as surprised though he was more angry, knowing the reasoning behind the abuse the girls delivered.

When the blood began to trickle from the side of my closed lips, I figured I had had enough.
I gathered all my strength, grasping onto the Blond's foot, pulling it towards me as she fell to the ground, hitting her head and back on the floor with a resounding thud. Red Head looked over at her friend in shock, giving me just enough time to switch the tables, straddling the red head once more and punching her face, watching as blood spurted from a cut forming on her forehead. The crowd cheered, egging on the fight as my punches sped up.

Suddenly, arms wrapped around my middle, pulling me off the red-haired girl, groaning in anguish as she clutched onto her bloodied face, who's metallic, crimson liquid stained my bruising and swollen knuckles, I squirmed in their grip, trying to free myself to attack the two girls still lying on the ground; I had a blood lust in my eyes that didn't have any idea how to suffice but to continue to pummel those groaning bimbos on the floor.

“Jade. Jade!” The familiar voice filled my ears, catching my attention as I looked over my shoulder at the lanky boy, his grip tightening on my waist. Jack's face held despair, a look I had never seen on his countenance before, “What the fuck do you think you're doing?” He whispered, expecting me to crack; I could tell.

I wouldn't. I was never that type of person.

I shrugged, looking back over at Rian who sighed, shaking his head as he ran a hand through his shaggy brown hair. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw them coming at a fast pace and so did the other students crowded around the small fight.

“Oh shit,” Jack mumbled as the teachers pushed their way through the students and toward Jack and I, one picking up a bimbo within each hand as the other made his way toward Jack and I.

I should have been scared that I was caught; any normal person would have been. I should have been afraid of what would occur because of my actions in the hallway. But I wasn't.

Instead, my mouth formed a proud smirk as the teacher finally made his way to Jack and I, pulling us apart and grabbing onto each of our arms as he dragged us to the principal's office.

We passed student upon student but my smirk never faltered. I wasn't scared or afraid. I was proud. I wasn't hiding who I was; they all knew now. I was free. I was me.

As we walked, I looked passed the ordinary students until my eyes caught on a specific pair, their eyes boring into mine. The frightened eyes of my sister and Alex.

I could feel the blood dripping off my cheek, nose, lip, the bruises forming on my knuckles, sides and stomach. I could care less.

I had taught everyone who I really was.

I was immediately thrown in the principal's office upon my arrival, thrusting me into the chair as the principal stared up at me, what looked to be my record opened on his desk.

“Why hello, Ms. Bates,” His tone told me he wasn't particularly in the best mood at that precise moment. I was; I was having the time of my life as my smirk widened at his words.

“Hello, sir,” I said, mock saluting him as he sighed, picking up a few papers from my file.

“You know, Ms. Bates, when you first arrived to the school with your sister, I had the opportunity to read through each of your files. Its true, you two are the polar opposites,” I smiled, waving my hand to urge him to continue, “I see you've gotten yourself into quite the...activities in your past school.”

“By activities you mean fights, then yes, I have,” I smirked, my giddy tone seeming to chip away at the principal's nerves.

“With a...” He picked up another paper, searching through its words before putting it down and looking back at me, “a Mr. Bryan Hunter and Mandy Greenwood?”

I nodded, “Yessir. Greatest friends I ever made.”

The principal peered over his glasses, “I thought you made some friends here. I have been informed one of them is sitting in my lobby right now.”

“Well,” I leaned forward, placing my folded hands on his desk much to his distaste, “I've made plenty of friends here, sir, but...I feel like,” I tapped my chinned, my elbows resting on the wooden tabletop, “like, they don't...understand me sir. They don't know the real me.”

“Oh?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Well, until today.”

“I see,” He leaned back, putting the papers back into my file and sliding it off to the side, “Ms. Bates, do you feel any remorse for what you did today? Any regrets for your actions?”

That was an easy one. “No.”

“Nothing at all?”

“No, sir. I feel absolutely nothing...Except for my knuckles and sides and tummy, they kinda hurt like a bitch but I guess that's because the Blond one really put up a fight,” I snickered under my breath, leaning back in the chair I sat in.

The principal sighed, running a hand over his forehead, “Ms. Bates, I'm suspending you for two weeks. You won't be able to return until graduation two weeks from now.”

“I doubt I'll be there, sir,” I smirked, getting up from my chair, “but it was a great pleasure to finally have this...chat.”

“I would have liked it better under different terms.”

“And what terms would that be, sir?” I asked, my smirk widening.

“Leave my office, Ms. Bates.”

“Righto, sir,” I saluted once more, turning on my heel and leaving the office as the bimbos were called in leaving me to sit next to Jack in the hard wooden chairs of the lobby as the secretary called Aunt Clara to come and “collect” me.

“Jade,” I turned my head, looking at Jack as my eyes caught the small blood stain on the collar of his shirt; my blood no doubt.

“Yeah, Jacky?” I asked, my tone anything from what I guessed Jack was suspecting.

“Why...why did you do it?” I shrugged nonchalantly, catching the boy off guard once more. Before he could fit in another word, the secretary told Jack he could go back to class.

With one last fleeting look, Jack picked himself up from the seat, walking out of the office and into the hallway only to look out passed the lanky boy to see my sister and Alex making their way towards me.

Shock appeared on Bailey's face as she caught my eye.

I knew she saw the smile of accomplishment my gaze held.

I knew she realized I had completely gone off the deep end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why hello! Well, you might hate me for this chapter but...there it is. Life gets a whole hell of a lot harder after this. I'd say there are more than four left...possibly 5...We have an epilogue and then the sequel. I'm writing my last chpter for the prequel now and...I don't want it to be done because that means that I'm done with the prequel. I...can't do that.

Fun Fact
Emily and I want to hit Jade so hard...the smirk. I hate it. OMFG JADE WHY ARE YOU SO...ASDFGHJ

How many saw Panic!'s new video? Emily watched it last night when he premiered online at midnight. I couldn't watch it but she gave me the details. I watched it this morning...9 tmes. Ifany of you want to watch it, you can view it on my TUMBLR. Die from Brendon Urie's sexiness...I did. I'm a ghost now.

I made pretzels today. Its awesome :) We didn't have school today or yesterday because our town is afraid the roof of the high school will cave in because of all the snow we have. I'm not complaining.

Have a nice day :)
-Livvy and Emily