Hotel on a Hill

Chapter 7

After Dougie and I had docked the boat, we went to lunch at a small café. It was nice outside, the sun was strong, but there was a soft breeze that made it just perfect. We ate in silence, just enjoying each other’s company. One thing that was still bugging me though was how I only knew little to nothing about him. He has seen my life and entered it willingly, yet I only know the tiny things he tells me and the rest has been left up to my imagination to piece together.

Dougie and I were walking to the beach; the two of us had decided that it was so nice out that we should have a swim in the ocean.

“Okay, I’ve got towels,” I held them up in the air to show him, “and some sunscreen. We can buy some food or drinks over at the vendor if we need them. You ready?” I asked him with a smile.

Dougie grinned back at me, “Hell yes.”

We walked down to the beach from where we parked the car in the lot. It wasn’t that busy at the moment since it was still the beginning of summer, which was nice in a sense. “This seem like a good enough spot to you?” I asked Dougie as I dropped the items that I was holding into the sand.

“It is whatever you want,” he told me. He placed a towel down on the warm sand and helped me lay mine out.

“Aw thanks, you are such a sweetheart,” I said in a mock, southern accent. I gave him a goofy grin and he just shook his head, laughing at me. “Race you to the water,” I said quickly before darting right for it.

As I ran for the water, I saw Dougie by my side and then in one quick movement I was twirling through the air in his arms. He spun me around and around, the world whizzing by. Then I felt my body drop and I was submerged into the water. I closed my eyes quickly, trying to avoid as much salt water leaking into them as possible. I brushed against the sandy floor of the ocean before my head bobbed out of the water. I stood up, my eyes still closed as I let the water run down my body.

I could hear Dougie laughing somewhere around me, so I slowly opened my eyes, blinking a few times to adjust them. He stood to my right, grinning at me. “Really?! You are so going to pay for that!” I shouted. My hands went under the water and I quickly pushed water at him since he didn’t expect it. This time it was my turn to laugh.

“Awww,” he shouted, his arms covering his face as if it was going to protect him. “Fine,” he hung his head laughing, “I guess I deserve it.”

“Damn straight,” I smirked at him. “Do you want to go out further, it feels so nice out there,” I asked him as I brushed my hair back with my fingers.

He shook his head yes and we both began our journey into the ocean. I stopped when just my head was visible over the water. Dougie’s neck and shoulders were still visible in this area, but he stopped with me.

“Ugh, this feels so nice,” I titled my head back, letting my body float to the surface. Dougie walked over to me, his face looking down at mine. “Yes?” I whispered.

He leaned down to me, letting his lips grace mine briefly before he pulled away. Dougie’s lips held a soft smile, one that showed happiness and something else that I couldn’t figure out. “You’re so beautiful,” he whispered to me as his lips hovered over mine.

It startled me at first, causing me to lose my balance and sink under the water. I came back up spitting water out of my mouth, “Yuck.”

Dougie chuckled, “You okay?”

“Um, yeah,” I said a little weary. “You just caught me off guard,” I mumbled.

“How so?” he asked confused.

I shrugged, “I dunno, by calling me beautiful I guess.” I could feel the blush taking over my cheeks, a deep red now visible on them.

“I am sure it isn’t the first time that someone has called you beautiful, you are gorgeous,” this time it was Dougie blushing as he complimented me once again.

A smile was permanently stuck to me face when I was around him. He knew just things to say to me that made me feel so confident, so unstoppable. “Well yeah, but I never truly believed them. That is until you came along. Anyway…” I trailed off wanting to change the subject.

For some reason I began to feel a little comfortable around him, maybe even a little dangerous. Slowly I put my arms under the water, trying not to distract Dougie. I slipped my bikini bottoms off quickly and held them above the water, dangling them there.

The look on Dougie’s face went from quiet and calm to extremely happy and shocked. “Hello Rae!” Dougie smirked.

“Now that I did that, that means you need to as well,” I gave him a cocky grin, my mind working in odd and mischievous ways.

Dougie was quick to take off his shorts and place them on top of the water. They just sat there on top of the current, floating back and forth. “There, now you need to take off your top. Mine is already off,” he smirked at me. There was a gleeful hint in his eye, it had me wanting more of him, but I knew that now wasn’t exactly time.

No one could see what was going on from how far out we were, but it was still day light and it would be more than awkward. I sighed and undid my top, but quickly covered up my breasts with one of my arms. “There,” I said tossing it onto his shorts.

He smirked at me, “Well now that I have you naked, may I have my way with you?”

I couldn’t help, but to laugh at him. “Really Dougie? That is how you want to have me? Right in the ocean at half past 2 or so in the day, with people running around on the beach?!”

He began to chuckle, “Naw, I would want you in a large, comfy bed with rose petals scattered all across the room and sweet music playing in the background.”

“Oh how lovely, at least I know you want me,”” I winked at him as I swam a bit further out in to the ocean.

Dougie didn’t hesitate to follow, getting close to me as I treaded the ocean’s water. “I do want you Rae,” he said in all seriousness.

I looked him in the eyes, a passion burning in them. I took a deep breath in, realizing that I had been holding it as he talked to me. Taking one hand from the water, I softly placed it on his cheek as I leaned in to kiss him. I made sure that our bodies didn’t fully touch because I knew that if they did, there would be no stopping me at this point. Dougie’s tongue brushed up against mine in almost a soothing pattern. His hand was gently rested on the small of my back to hold me from slipping into the water.

He pulled away, catching his breath some. “Wow, okay…I think it is time for me to put my shorts back on,” he said trying to gain air back into his lungs.

I just smirked and grabbed my top first, placing it back on my body, my bottoms following shortly. “Do you think it is time we get out of the shade for a bit?” I asked Dougie as I floated on my back once again.

“Probably be best,” he smiled at me.

>>>

Dougie and I arrived in the front lot of the hotel laughing rather hard about something; neither one of us could remember what exactly for, but that didn’t matter.

We got out of the car, I was now in a pair of shorts and tank top, Dougie still in his swimming shorts. I locked the car and we headed toward the inn’s entrance, but Dougie stopped in his tracks. “Doug, what’s wrong?” I questioned as he stood there staring in front of him. He didn’t respond to me though, but began walking directly toward the group of people that were standing by the foot of the stairs.

“What the fuck are you doing here?!” Dougie shouted.

I just stood there in complete shock, I had no idea what was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it has been forever and I am sorry. I might try and start to write again if I have time. I hope you enjoy. :D