Like a Fairytale

Seven.

“Ella?” Justin asked softly, later on that evening. We were in his room, both of us silent, but it wasn’t awkward or anything. When you’re comfortable when someone, you don’t always need words.

“What?” I looked up, smiling at him.

He didn’t say a word, just took my face in his hand and softly kissed my lips. After the first initial oh-my-god-he’s-actually-kissing-me and oh-my-god-this-is-my-first-kiss shocks were gone, I realized that, just like a fairytale, sparks were flying around in my brain, crashing about to tell me that what I was feeling was real. It was a sensation I could definitely get used to.

“What was that for?” I questioned, my voice faint with awe.

“Cinderella, I’ve been waiting a month and a half to kiss you,” He grinned, pushing a lock of my light brown hair behind my ear.

“So you did know!” I laughed.

“Ella,” He said, his tone screaming a playful ‘duh!’ “How stupid do you think I am?”

My laughter continued. “Well, I thought if you did you would say something.”

He bit his lip, still smiling. “I was scared that after you got to know me, you didn’t like me anymore. After all, you didn’t say anything. But then I realized you’re just adorably worried about Hannah or your step-sister hurting me, and that’s why you didn’t tell me. I couldn’t figure out how to tell you I knew, so I kissed you. And I think I’m going to do it again now.”

Before I could say another word, his lips were on mine again, moving gently but passionately. I slid my arms around his neck, my hands in his soft golden brown hair, while his still held my face.

“We’re going to your dad’s in time minutes!” Miss Pattie called, knocking on Justin’s door and scaring the living hell out of while doing so.

“Oh my God, she just knocked five years off my life…” I mumbled, my heart still racing, but whether that was from the kiss, or the shock… well, that I can’t tell you.

Justin laughed. “No she didn’t. A month or two, maybe, but not five years.”

“Okay, so, real quick, I have a questions,” I said, before I lost the nerve to ask it. When he nodded and looked at me expectantly, I spoke again. “How did you know I was Cinderella?” I don’t know why, but that was something I really wanted to know.

He smiled. “Easy. I could just tell. I mean, there were the physical similarities, of course - I’ve never seen anyone else with your color hair, and you have a very recognizable voice - but then, the personality stuff, like the way you listen to every word I say because you honestly care. You did it that night, and you do that now. Your story helped me piece it together, and the necklace…” He lightly fingered the key I always wore around my neck. “You never take this off. Why?”

“My mom gave it to me right before she…” I gulped. “Well, you know. But, she said she wasn’t going to be around to watch out for me in the world of romance, so she said to keep my heart under lock and key, and when someone really deserved it, I could give away the key…”

I trailed off, thinking off my mother. I looked just like her, exact for she had brown eyes, while I had Dad’s blue ones. Mom had been kind and caring, the picture perfect mother, always baking, always smiling, hugging away the tears and the nightmares I got, even then. Like always, the memories ending with the final one - the earth-shatteringly loud bang that destroyed the world I knew at seven.

“Anyway,” I said a minute later, after gaining back my composure. “I always wear it to remind me of Mom, for one, and the promise I made her about how I’d be careful with my heart.” I laughed, just a little. “It used to be really pretty, bright silver, but I didn’t have anything to clean it with, so it faded a lot.”

He kissed my hair. “I’m sure your mom would be glad that you still keep it. Now, I a question.”

“Go for it,” I replied, looking up at him. (Yes, I know, I’m short, even when I’m sitting. Fuck you.)

“Ella, I know we’ve only really known each other for a few weeks, but I’m absolutely crazy about you. When I’m not with you, it feels like I’m missing half of me or something, and when I am with you, I can’t stop smiling and thinking how lucky I am that you want to spend your time with me. What I’m trying to say is… do you want to be my girlfriend?”

“Absolutely,” I grinned, wrapping my arms around his neck. “Just don’t tell anyone, okay?”

“Still worried about Hannah?” He asked, sliding his arms around my waist.

I nodded. “And your fans. They sent death threats to Kim Kardashian… they kind of frighten me.”

He burst out laughing and stood up, taking my hand. I was off to go meet my amazing boyfriend’s father, and I was a country away from all my problems… for now, life was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is incredibly short, but I'm going to my best friend's house tonight, and I don't stay the night there... I stay like the whole week. She has no Internet, so no updates for as long as I'm there. Sorry.
Oh, and I wrote the beginning of this, with the kiss, before I saw all the comments about you guys wanted them to kiss. Fucking psychic? I think so. ;D
Feedback? :) <3