Status: Continuing

The 'It' boy, in love with me? My ass!

The ‘it’ boy, in love with me? My ass! 44

I was really late. Not even fashionably.

When I got to Midnight’s house everyone was in their car’s ready to leave.

She gave me the lyrics to songs I had to perform and some main instructions.
That was not the main reason I was late but instead the dressing up part.

Midnight quickly fixed my hair, while I pulled on the blue dress and strapped my heels.

Let me tell you it was not easy.

As I wore some accessories she did my makeup.

It took around 45 minutes and I was sure the band had started performing already.

I reached school in 15 minutes, even though Carter was driving over speed limit.

When I entered the main hall, I saw the whole band was on stage but the mice was unoccupied.

I rushed backstage ignoring all the greeting and birthday wishes and just simply replied them with nods.

The hall could easily fit in about 500 students and it seemed like the whole hall was packed, which just made me even more nervous.

I quickly went through the list of songs while one of the teachers pushed in a ear piece in my ear and turned it on.

Without even a warning or a good luck I was pushed on to stage.

Crap. All eyes were on me, well accept for some very lustful teenage girls who were busy drooling over Ryder, who was at the moment mainly in spotlight as he tried to keep the audience entertained.

Do not trip. Do not look at the floor while walking. Smile throughout the whole performance. Stand straight. Do not think about everyone watching you. Forget you’re problems with Ryder, because this is the time where both of you have to co-operate.

Midnight’s simple instructions did not seem so simple anymore.

I looked to my left where Ryder stood, not so far from me, he was just finishing of something he was playing.

He looked up at me and smiled. It was a fake smile, but still encouraged me a bit.

I heard on of the teacher’s voice from the earpiece instructing me to switch the mice on and start. I couldn’t. My mouth went dry. Oh God, why now? In front of all these people.

I have never felt this nervous before.

I remembered the concert I had just attended some days back. Ho was it so easy for them to just come on stage and swoon the crowd away?

I know what this is. Karma is getting me back. Not for my past life but for what I did to Ryder. I felt tears build up in my eyes but I quickly swallowed them away.

This is so not what Alvii Smith would be doing right now.

But am I still Alvii Smith?

I have changed so much from what I was last year. I came to a conclusion.

This was all Ryder’s fault.

He’s making me feel guilty, I wish he had never loved me, I wished we had never dated, I wish I could love him and just forget about Ash.

My depressing thoughts were stopped when I heard to drum sticks tap each other. Ash was giving the rest of the band the queue to start as I was not able to.

I turned around a bit to look at the left side and saw Ryder had started, and the Alex quickly followed his lead. Some second later Jerold started as the same time as when Ash did.

I forgot about everything and decided I would remember the concert I had just attended.

The first verse automatically came out of my mouth.

I remembered the huge crowd, but then decided against it and just focused on when Ryder and Alex were dancing like idiots, it that though I couldn’t help but smile.

I didn’t even realize we has finished performing 5 songs. I was awakened from my thought when the crowd went ballistic and started screaming and shouting.

I noticed I was standing right next to Jerold. I guess I had moved around while singing.

I walked up the microphone stand and put the mice carefully in its position.

We walked to backstage while the host came on and announced details about the dance.

I noticed now the stage had equipment for the DJ and most of the lights were now off making the hall seem exactly like a club.

“That was epic!” Alex said as he attacked us all in a group hug.

Everyone was squashed together as Alex was grabbing us and Jerold was helping him.

“You were amazing out there Alvii.” Said Ash resting his arm on my shoulder after Alex had finally let us free.

“Thanks.” I said looking up at him. I turned around to look at Tyler who had just come backstage.

I noticed Ryder glaring at Ash and Ash just smirked. Every action Ash did would make me like him even less.

Tyler was high fiving everyone when he came to me and grabbed me in a hug.

“Who knew you could sing?” He said, letting go of me.

“Well you know now.” I said smiling. I had missed Tyler a lot, specially his random jokes.

“How was Germany?”

I told him about everything we did, even the little taxi incident me and Ryder had.

We had finally come off stage and now we were surrounded by people who were dancing/grinding with each other as carry out played.

“Want to dance?” asked Tyler getting on one knee and sticking his hand out.

He would always do weird things trying to cheer me up.

I was hundred percent sure he knew the tension surrounding up on stage with Ryder and Ash both around me and that was exactly why he came backstage.

That’s how Tyler was. We both would know when one of us needed each other but would never make it obvious.

I danced with lots of people even Ash, but I kind of got hints it was mainly because Amy was enjoying the night with Ronnie.

In the middle of the 3 hours of just dancing, I had managed to talk to her and she told me they were both madly in love with each other, which was very obvious.

Curiosity got the best of me and I started looking for Ryder but when I spotted him, I wish I hadn’t. He was completely wasted (due top the alcohol someone had managed to sneak in) and was grinding with Trent. She as usual was dressed like a slut. Why the heck did I care? He after all is a guy with needs. What shocked me the most was when I saw Julie and Alex together.

Looks like I belong with Ash.