Status: Sorry to do this guys, but it's on HIATUS until I can get finished with the contest entries and get started on my new story (Of Love or Lust)

The Chemistry Between, Liars Like You and Me

Songs, radios, and contest phone calls

I heard all around the school that day
That you got back together with that ex of yours that I hated so much
So I broke up with you right on the spot
(But oh well; who cares…)
I even heard that you were just wishing and dying that I’d take you back
Even if that was true
I’d never even want you
So…
Oh well, it sucks to be you right now
(But oh well; who cares…)
Cause I just don’t really care at all
Because it seems that…

It was never meant to be
(never meant to be)
You were never meant to speak to me
(never meant to be)
It was never meant to last this long
(It was never meant to be)
I was never meant to see your face
But oh well; who cares
Cause I know that I'll get over it some way

So because of that awful day
I've been slowly falling into insanity and wishing that someone could save me
(never meant to be at all)
If somebody did; I wouldn't want it to be you
You broke my heart and never even tried to put the pieces back together for the next guy that I would meet
Guess that this taught me a very important lesson after all:
"Never give your heart away to the first guy that you fall madly in love with. They'll only destroy everything that you've ever wanted."
But oh well; who cares
(never meant to be)
I'm starting to realize now that I just don't care at all

It was never meant to be
We were never meant to bump into each other
(was never meant to be at all)
Putting my heart back together was never meant to be this hard
(Never meant to be)
It was never meant to be
It...was...never...meant...to...be.


Okay, that was Hollywood's own Darkness Fades to Black with their upcoming single It was never meant to be from the album Between the secrets and lies. After the break we’re going to play the second band striving for your votes and earn the bragging rights of having the best single around. DJ Nightmare out.

As the radio was playing, something about Burger King; my friends, and band mates were all talking about separate things on the tour bus heading towards another location for our mini-tour before we took a break: Fire was on the phone with her boyfriend of two months, Rage was quietly playing a random tune on his guitar, I was sitting on one of the couches facing towards Rage reading a book, Tragedy was sitting at the kitchen table drumming his bright blue drumsticks on the counter, and yet out of everyone I could clearly hear Nyx talking about how we were just on the radio.

"Guys, I can't believe we made it on the radio. How cool was that? I wonder if anyone was listening; wait I'll answer my own question Of course they were, cause anyone whose anyone listens to this station." Nyx said some how without catching a breath.

"Nyx; you know we love you and everything, but please calm the fuck down; your starting to drive me insane with your hyperactivity. Having our single on the radio...." Rage started saying before Nyx interrupted him somehow catching on that her favorite station was back on with the band that would compete against ours for votes.

No use taking off your clothes, we won't be going there tonight
You were kind enough to say hello, I figured I could still say goodbye the way, I was thinking about telling you that I was in love with her, I'm still in love with her.
Oh, Oh, Oh...Look at this web I wove

So take this photograph
And I'll take this empty frame
I won't be coming but you're not the one to blame
The chemistry between, liars like you and me, ignites like gasoline

Wait, Wait, Wait
Let me set the record straight
I was never really yours in the first place
Oh, Oh, Oh...Look at this web I wove, I told you I would break your heart.

So take this photograph
And I'll take this empty frame
I won't be coming but you're not the one to blame
The chemistry between, liars like you and me, ignites like gasoline

Explosions all around me
There's no place I'd rather be than home with her beside me, I'm home, Take me home again

Is this where you thought I'd be
How's this for your spotlight
I thought you said something about me
Well you better get your facts right

So take this photograph
And I'll take this empty frame
I won't be coming but you're not the one to blame
The chemistry between, liars like you and me, ignites like gasoline


And that was Nashville's own Framing Hanley with their song Photographs and Gasoline from their new released album A Promise to Burn. If you liked either band call in at 757-216-7518 and leave which is your favorite. I'll be back with the winner after this.

"They were really good. The singer had a great voice and the drummer was probably better than the Rev. I wonder who the fans voted for the most? What do you think Disaster?" Fire said after the other song was over and everyone had relaxed their unknown tense muscles.

I looked up into the faces of my friends, marked the page of my book, and simple stated...

"Well, whoever wins I don't really mind. We did our best with that song; they did their best with their song." I replied.

"Oh; it's back on." Nyx said as she once again could hear the station coming back.

"Well, this is a first for this station. It seems that the fans couldn't make up their minds and both bands are at a tie. So I guess that we'll do a deal breaker. In five weeks time; both bands will hold a concert together and then the fans can make up their minds there. It's with sadness to say that your favorite DJ is done for today; have no fear though because Miss Nicky is coming up with more music than there are plastic cups." DJ Nightmare said after my phone rang. I picked it up and placed it on speaker.

"Hello?" I answered wondering who it could be.

"Is this DFTB's Disaster?" said the voice on the other end.

"Yes; who may I ask is calling?"

"This is DJ Nightmare and I'm guessing you were listening to what happened. My producer is calling the other band right now and telling them the same thing I'm about to tell you which is that we've decided that until the concert starts we'll be hosting you at the DoubleTree hotel in Atlanta, Ga. Is that alright with you and your band?"

I looked over at everyone else seeing what they all thought. Rage was showing the thumps up sign, Fire was shrugging her shoulders like it didn't really matter to her, Nyx and Tragedy were both shaking their heads like they were having a sugar rush.

"Yeah, it's fine with me and the band."

"Okay then. I'll let my producer know." DJ Nightmare said and hung up.

"Well guys, looks like after this performance; we're going to Atlanta Georgia.

Had I known sooner that both the DJ and the producer hadn't talked to each other about the set-up of the rooms and that by the time we reached the hotel that all the extra rooms were already booked; then I probably would've said no. But alas, if I did then there wouldn't be a story and you wouldn't be here reading this. But lucky for you; I did. So bring on the drama.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's the actual first chapter. So tell me what you think?
Song credits belong to me* It was never meant to be* and Framing Hanley *Photographs and Gasoline*; so please don't steal. Also please don't call that number; I have no clue if it's real, not real, what could be on the other end, or who could pick up.

I'm also looking for characters for the band Hollywood's Fading; think your up to it then leave me a message.