Status: Active

Love Has No Age

Chapter 3

“Seriously Rae.” Natalie told me monday morning. “You’ve got to relax.”

“How am I supposed to relax when I’m practically the only one with no date for the dance?!” I said a bit too histerically.

“Not everyone has a date.” Natalie said trying to help. “Look at Soo-Yang,” she said pointing at the nerd girl at the end of the hallway. “she doesn’t have a date either.”

I send daggers at her with my look. “Yeah, and that’s so relaxing.” I said sarcastically. “Tell me again, how did you find a date before I did and didn’t even tell me?” I asked, putting the much of sarcasm in the question as possible.

She rolled her eyes. “I’m sorry okay?” she looked at me. “How many times will I have to repeat it for you to forgive me?”

“Hmmm.” I hummed thughtfully. “You’re missing a lot.” I teased and then giggled. She giggled too. “So, who’s the guy?” I asked.

She shrugged. “He’s just a friend.” she said. “I met him in like sixth grade, and we’ve been friends since.”

“You’ve got to introduce me to him.” I said. She arched her brow. “So I can meet my best friend’s new boyfriend.” I raised my hands inocently.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” she said. “I just asked him if he could go with me to the dance,” she explained. “so I could have a date.”

We arrived to the History class, which we had together. “Okay okay, but now you have to help me find MY date.”

“Of course I will.” she laughed, sitting down in her seat at the window. I sat behind her. “Just wait, maybe I can think of someone.” she turned her attention to Mr. Huges, the History teacher.

“Ok class.” he said. “Today I’ll be arranging pairs for your new proyect about the Holocaust.”

I could hear some groans from across the room, where the jocks of the class usually sat. I rolled my eyes. Why can’t they just get over it? Not everyone worships them and does whatever they want them to.

I didn’t pay any attention to what the teacher wasy saying until I heard my name being called. “Rae Davies and Natalie Robins.” he said with a smile. “And, that should be all.” he finished pairing us up. “Your proyect is due to November 13th, you still have plenty much of time, so please do your best.” as he finished saying this the bell rang announcing that class was over.

Natalie turned around in her seat and looked at me happily. “We’re together.” she smiled widely.

I laughed. “I’m glad.”

We got up and went to our next class.

*****
Art.

I love that class. I’m pretty good at it, so that explains the fact that I love it. Since I was a little girl I’ve had painting skills. Well, at least after stick figures and color disasters.

I sat in my usual seat next to the window, it gave me inspiration sitting there. Kind of weird right?

“Look,” I heard a voice squeak. “is the freak.” I rolled my eyes to Ashley, the captain cheerleader bitch of the school. I don’t know what she has with me, but since I entered the school she has been trying to make my life a living hell, without achieving it of course. I won’t ever let anyone do that to me again.

I plugged my earphones in my ears while the teacher arrived, drowning Ashley’s annoying squeaks and all the other noise out of my head. Finally. Peace and quite. I closed my eyes. I felt someone tapping furiously on my shoulder. I opend my eyes and got one earphone out of my ear. “What?” I said looking at Ashley with an exasperated look.

“Where you like listening to me?” she asked with her princess-like attitude stepping in.

“No.” I said like it was obvious. She glared at me. I was just to put my earphone back into my ear when Ashley slapped my hand and the earphone flew away from me. “Hey!” Now I was pissed off. “What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“No one ignores me.” she said in a threatening tone.

“Well, I surelly do.” I answered looking away to the window and putting a hand under my chin in boredom. She gasped and walked away offended, her two phony friends following her. Finally she left me alone. I sighed.

The teacher entered the classroom and the class began. I put down my iPod and got out my portafolio, in which I had all my materials and the last class’ drawing that we had to finish today.

Sighing again I began to draw and all the stress inside me went away. Really, drawing could be so good to me. Just as I was finishing my drawing the bell rang, so I gathered my things, handled the drawing to the teacher and went out of the room towards my locker.

*****
I went into the cafeteria and towards our usual place after getting my lunch. Natalie was already there with Josh, the hot blue-eyed blonde desired by all girls that was our gay best friend. Yeah, you heard right. Gay.

“Rae!” he stood up and gave me a bear hug. “I missed you so much!”

I was beginning to feel dizzy due to the lack of air. “I. Can’t. Breathe.” I whispered with the little air I had.

“Oh. Sorry.” he said letting me go with a smile.

“Ummm...Why exactly did you miss me?” I frowned. “I mean, I saw you yesterday.”

“I don’t know.” he smiled widely. “I just wanted to see you.”

“Uh...Okay.” I smiled at him. I sat down and opened my coke getting a little of it in my face. I blinked.

“I have an idea!” Natalie shrieked out of nowhere, making me spill a bit of my coke on the table. “Rae!” she shrieked again.

“What?!” I said surprised.

“Why don’t you go to the dance with my brother?” she smiled happily. “You already met him, and he’s a very good guy.”

I stared at her blankly. WTF? Is she crazy?! “Are you crazy?!” I nearly yelled when I finished processing what she had just suggested. “Haven’t you seen how all the girls are crazy about him?” I said. “Even girls of our grade.” I continued. “Since he got here yesterday every single girl has been talking about him and about how cute he is and about how sweet and caring he is.” I spat. “If I go to the dance with him they are going to eat me alive!”

She laughed carelessly. She has gone mad. “We’ve lost her.” I told Josh in a worried tone. He burst out laughing. I put the back of my hand on Natalie’s forehead dramatically. “Are yo usure you are okay?”

“Of course I’m okay you idiot.” she said getting my hand off her forehead. “But it’s a great idea!” she said. “You don’t have a date and either does Justin, so it’s perfect!” she said happily.

I frowned amazed. “Justin doesn’t have a date?” I thought he would have like a million by now.

“Well, lots of girls have invited him,” Natalie explained. “but he keeps saying no to them.” That’s wierd. She shruged. “Maybe you can ask him today when you come to my house.” I nodded. We were going to start the History project.

When lunch ended I went to my next class. Science. I take it with Josh, so it’s not that bad.

“I thought that maybe we could go together as friends to the dance.” Josh said as we entred Science room. “Because I don’t have a date either.” he laughed. “But I really thought that you were going with Harry.”

“Why does everybody think that?” I asked out loud. “He’s just my friend!”

He arched an eyebrow. “Whatever you say.” he rolled his eyes.

“You don’t believe me?” I asked indignantly.

He looked to the ceiling thoughtfully. “Hmmm...Not really.” he said with a huge smile and sitting on his place. I hit him playfully on the arm. “Ouuu.” he complained.

“That’s what you get for messing up with me.” I laughed sitting on my place at his right. “So, who are you going with now?”

“I don’t know.” he answered. “Maybe I’ll just go alone as the fifth weel.” he joked. “And I’ll have to dress as a mime so I wont bother you guys.”

“Awww.” I stroked his arm. “That’s so sweet of you.” I teased. He looked angrily at me. I burst out laughing. “You know I love you Josh.” I hugged him from my place.

“Yeah, I know.” he hugged me back. In that moment the Science teacher entered the room and began giving class.

Now I just had to prepare myself to ask Justin to the dance and hopefully he’ll say yes.

*****
Natalie, Justin and I were going towards the school’s parking lot after school was over for the day. Natalie had her own car, so I could go with her almost every day, when she could drop me off at my house.

Some time after my mom and Ian got married, they told me that I could have a car when I got eighteen, but not before that. I just have to wait one more year for my precious car and I won’t depend on Natalie all the time.

“Are you okay?” Natalie asked me.

I was nervous for what I had to ask Justin, and I didn’t look that good. “Yeah.” I answered quickly. “I’m just a little nervous.”

She stroked my arm in comfort. “Don’t worry.” she said. “He’ll say yes.”

“Yeah?” I said. “How are you so sure?” I asked suspiciously. “He said no to every other girl that asked him to go with them.” I said. “Why would he say yes to me?”

She rolled her eyes. “He’s my brother.” she told me. “I know him.” she assured me. “Just trust me, okay?” I just nodded.

I was quiet all the way to Natalie’s house. I don’t know why I’m so nervous. I mean, it’s just a dance, it’s not like I’m going to ask him out or something. I kept thinking things like that all the way, trying to calm myself down.

We arrived to their house and Natalie parked her car beside her dad’s. I got out of the car trembling a little. We entered the house and I wanted to go strait to Natalie’s room but she stopped me. “Rae.” she called. “You won’t escape that easily.” I groaned.

I followed her to the kitchen where Justin and her mom were. “Hi Mrs. Robins.” I greeted their mom.

“Hi Rae.” she smiled at me and her relaxed gaze turned into a worried one. “Are you okay?” she asked. “You look a bit pale.”

I smiled a little. “I’m fine.” I said. “Don’t worry.”

“Ok.” she smiled again.

“Hey, mom.” Natalie said. “Rae is staying to start making our History project. Is that okay?”

“Of course dear.”

“Cool.” Natalie smiled. “Justin?” she called her brother. “Can you come to the living room?” she had that mischievous look again. “Rae wants to ask you something.” I looked angrily at her.

He gave us a surprised look. “Ok.” We went into the living room so Mrs. Robins wouldn’t hear. “So, what do you want to ask me?”

I looked nervously at Natalie for support. She gave me the thumbs up. “Well...” I trailed off.

He looked at me expectantly. “Well?”

I took a deep breath and continued. “Well...” I could feel the heat beginning to rise to my cheeks. “I was just wondering if you’d like to be my date for the Halloween dance.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So? How was it? Should I stop with it? Or continue? Please tell mee!!! (;