Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

8123

Natalia

I slept way longer than usual. Around 11, I finally got myself out of bed and went to take a shower then get dressed and dry my hair. When I made it into the living room, Nick and Eric were running around getting things together for later.

"Finally! I thought you'd never get your ass out of bed."

"Eric, don't you even go there."

He chuckled and handed Nick the guitar that was laying on the couch. I watched them gather their stuff before Nick finally turned back to me.

"We have to go do some shit. You gonna stay here?"

"I guess. You are coming back, right?"

"Yeah, we'll have to come back for all this stuff."

He motioned to the stuff piled up on the corner of the couch.

"And of course the most important thing!" Eric shouted.

I raised my eyebrows at him curiously. "And that would be?"

"You, silly!"

I laughed at him and curled up on the couch, grabbing Nick's macbook off the coffee table. They headed out the door while I checked email and played solitaire. I didn't realize how long it had been until Nick and Eric burst through the front door again and I looked at my phone to see that it was a little after 3.

"Ready to go?"

I nodded and closed the laptop, setting it down on the table and going to help them carry all their crap out to the car.

It wasn't very hot out, which I was thankful for, considering we'd be outside for the day. I crawled into the back seat and Nick let the seat back, getting into the passenger seat of Eric's car. I wasn't exactly sure where we were going; I just knew it would be outside because Nick told me, "Don't wear so many layers today. You're in Arizona now and it's fucking hot."

I sat quietly with my hands in my lap listening to the mix cd Eric had in but Nick turned the volume down. I scowled at the back of his head.

"Hey Halvo, where exactly is Jayce going?"

"Oh, she's just going home."

"Why?"

"She goes to stay a night with her parents every week."

"Why?"

"It's this thing they have worked out. She goes to stay with them; they give her however much money she wants. It's a pretty sweet deal."

Nick nodded and turned his head to look out the window. He seemed pretty interested in Jayce, which I found strange. I was no longer paying attention to the two boys in front of me so I didn't notice the talking had been directed to me until Nick reached around in his seat and smacked my leg.

"Um, oww."

"You're totally spacing out. Halvo asked you a question."

"Oh. Sorry, Eric. What did you say?"

He chuckled, looking in the rear view mirror at me. "I just asked if you had fun with Johno yesterday."

"Oh. Yeah, it was fine."

I looked down so that he hopefully couldn't see the blush that was surely rising quickly onto my cheeks.

"What'd you guys do?"

"We went to that shelter where Jared's cousin works and bathed puppies."

"Oh that's cool. Nick said you liked animals."

"Yep. Did you guys have fun without me yesterday?"

"Of course not. It was totally dull because you weren't there!"

"Yeah, okay."

Nick turned around in his seat again, this time to look at me in disbelief. He wasn't used to me talking to anyone besides him. Truthfully, I wasn't used to it either. But after I got home and sat down at the table with Eric, I really started to feel more comfortable with him. I actually volunteered information about myself, which wasn't something I did easily, especially with people I barely knew.

We slowed down and pulled into a deserted parking lot, where I spotted four other cars parked and lots of people gathered. Eric parked next to the one on the right and we piled out of the car. Nick immediately found Kennedy and began a conversation with him, while I stood awkwardly next to the car. Eric came around to my side and threw his lanky arm around my shoulders.

"Come on, little one. Let's go talk to people."

"How about I stand here and you go talk?"

"Alright. I get it. Baby steps. At least go with me."

"Fine. But don't expect me to talk."

"Yes ma'am!"

He led me first over to John and Jared, who were talking next to a large black SUV. Great. I found myself looking at his tan arms revealed by his sleeveless white tee shirt and the way the corners of his mouth curled upward into a crooked smile. His eyes were covered by black Ray Bans but his head turned toward us and he pulled the glasses off his face as we walked up to them.

"Hey man. Hey Nat."

I gave him a quiet "Hi," and I saw his eyebrows shoot up. He stared at Eric's arm that was still hanging loosely around my shoulders for a moment before he cleared his throat and looked up at Eric, sliding his glasses back onto his face.

I didn't really listen to their conversation, which I was fairly certain was about, as Jared put it, a "sweet new guitar." Not long after that, we all ate, which I was thankful for since I hadn't eaten anything all day.

After we all finished eating, Nick and John broke out their guitars. They both started playing a song and I became completely entranced watching John. The way the muscles in his arms moved as he strummed the guitar, the crooked smile on his face, not to mention that voice of his.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Eric thumped me hard on the arm. I glared at him but he just chuckled and put his arm around my shoulders. They played music for awhile longer until the sun had completely set before they returned their instruments to their cars and Tim, Pat's older brother broke out the alcohol. The boys surrounded him immediately, all getting themselves a red solo cup full.

I stayed where I was while Eric got up but my eyes soon drifted over toward John, where he was standing behind Jayce, his arms wrapped around her. I felt a pang of jealousy as I watched them all cute and cuddly together, talking to Jared and Tim. I sighed and pulled my knees up to my chest, trying to ignore the couple in front of me. Nick joined me on the ground with his beer and a Pepsi for me.

"Thanks."

"Having fun?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Is it at least better than you thought?"

"Yeah, it is. I'm sorry I was so mean about it all."

"Aww, little sis! It's okay. I understand where you were coming from."

"Still, I acted like a little kid. I'm sorry."

He grinned and leaned over to hug me, careful not to spill his beer.

For some unknown reason, everyone began to join us on the ground where we were sitting, forming a sort of circle. They all drank and talked while I just listened to the various conversations. From time to time, I'd involuntarily glance over at John and Jayce, who were all cuddled up together whispering and smiling. I sighed and leaned my head on Eric's shoulder, closing my eyes for just a moment.

I didn't mean to fall asleep.

I woke up because I felt like I was falling. When I opened my eyes, I realized I was back in my room at Eric's and he was there walking toward the door.

"Eric?"

He turned on his heel and looked back at me. "Sorry I woke you. I tried to set you down as easily as I could."

"Oh, I-...Sorry I fell asleep on you."

He chuckled quietly. "It's cool. Night!"

"Night"

He shut the door quietly and I fell back onto my pillow, glancing over at the clock, which glowed 2:23 in green. I sighed and closed my eyes to try to go back to sleep, but now that I was awake again, my mind would only focus on one thing.

John.
♠ ♠ ♠
Natalia

Finally! Sorry this took so long. Keep the comments coming! :)