Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Family Day

Jayce

I sighed and wrapped my arms tightly around John’s neck. “So, what are your plans for today?” I mumbled into his shirt just to prolong the moment. Thursday family day was always difficult.

“Just hanging around Halvo’s. I think the plan is to beg Nat to cook for us.” He chuckled and I smacked his chest as I leaned my head back.

“Not every girl cooks, you know. Maybe you boys should try to get to know her a little better before you go demanding dinner. I think our Halvo may have a little crush on the new girl.” I smirked. Last night at the party Eric had acted protective over Natalia the whole time. John nodded and got that thoughtful look in his eyes. “They’d be cute together, don’t you think?”

“Yeah, it’s about time Halvo got a girl.” He smiled a little, but it didn’t carry to his eyes. “Tell everyone I said hey.” I rolled my eyes.

“You know Adam’s going to be the only one who remembers your name.” I frowned. My family was frustrating to say the least.

“You remember my name, don’t you?” He smirked and his hands came up to cup my face.

“You’re point?” I arched an eyebrow. He bent down quick and pecked my lips.

“I love you, but if you don’t get going you’ll be late.” He smiled cheekily and I huffed.

“Alright, fine. I’ll leave. Have fun with your bachelor night.” I went to walk out of his arms, but he didn’t let me. He pulled me back into his chest and started laying kisses all over my face.

“You know bachelor night’s no fun without you.” I giggled and held his face away from mine for a moment.

“I’m pretty sure it doesn’t count as bachelor night if I’m there.” I pulled him down for one last kiss. When we pulled away, he rested his forehead on mine. I smiled and looked up into those amazing green eyes.

“And that is my point.” He whispered and my smile grew.

“You are so cheesy sometimes.” I pushed away a lock of his hair. “I love you.” John grinned goofily and squeezed me before leaving a small kiss on my nose.

“Drive safe.” He called as he started walking backwards.

“Always.” I waved and bit my bottom lip. We stared for a few more seconds before I had to get in the car and he had to turn around. I sighed and turned on the radio as I backed out of the parking spot. I could just barely see John in the rear view mirror. “This is going to be a long ass day.”

I started the thirty minute drive to Phoenix with Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop. Hearing John’s voice always cheered me up. He used to sing to me to get me to stop crying. I smiled as the player shuffled my favorite song to play first. Listening to this track always reminded me of the first day home from tour. After spending a little time with John’s family, we’d go home and get into bed, and he’d sing Into Your Arms until I fell asleep.

By the end of the fifth song, I finally pulled into the driveway of my parents’ estate. The yard was clipped perfectly, as usual. I sighed as I climbed up the back steps and entered through the back door. No one was allowed to use the front door, like normal people.

The house was eerie quiet, until my little sister trudged into the room half naked. “Hey Andrea.” I greeted with a smile. Andrea was the youngest out the three of us and she was the most spoiled since she still lived at home.

“Hi Jayce.” She said monotonously with her back still to me. She was also the sibling most like our parents, stuck up and cruel.

“Where’s mom and dad?” I figured it was best to at least act interested in their whereabouts.

“Dad’s at the country club and Mom’s at some new day spa. They won’t be back till dinner and neither will I.” She closed the fridge and turned around.

“Where are you going?” I asked slowly as I took a seat at a bar stool.

“Party.” She shrugged and I scrunched my eyebrows together.

“But it’s nine in the morning.” I pointed out.

“And?” She gave me a disgusted face and I just shrugged. After that she left and I found out that, beside the cleaning staff and cooking crew, I was alone in the giant two story house.

I put my things in my old room and wandered to the downstairs game room. I played a few games of billiard on my own while I waited for someone to get home. Light jazz music played from a stereo as I played and I couldn’t help but wonder what the boys were up to.

I texted John, but he didn’t reply. Then I tried Eric, but he didn’t answer either. I was getting severely bored when I heard a thud from the kitchen and a yell. I smiled as I dropped the billiard stick and took off running.

“Adam!” I squealed as I entered the kitchen and found my older brother standing in the middle of it.

“Jayce!” He yelled back with fake enthusiasm, though I knew he was just as excited to see me as I was him. The one good thing about this stupid trip was Adam. In fact, he was the best part. Adam and I had always been close, but when I moved to Tempe and he stayed in Phoenix to go to AU, well, we didn’t get to see each other as much.

I ran into his arms and tightly clung to him. “God, I fucking missed you.” He laughed.

“Those boys are really extending your vocabulary, aren’t they?” Adam didn’t like curse words too much. He thought there were plenty other words in the English language to describe how you felt without being derogative. “How is Johnny Boy doing anyway?”

“He’s great and he says hi.” I grinned as I let him go and took a few steps back. “Any girls at the university catching your eye?” I arched an eyebrow and he chuckled.

“You know how much it takes to make a Nolan settle.” He smirked and winked. “And personally, I think John just got lucky.”

“Right.” I rolled my eyes.

“So, where’s our lovely little sister?” I scoffed.

“Partying.”

“In the morning?” He raised both his eyebrows and I grinned.

“That’s what I said.” I sing songed and grabbed his large duffel bag from the ground. “Jeez, Adam. What the hell’s in this thing?” I grunted and he laughed.

“Just some school stuff. You know classes don’t shut down for Family Day.” I hauled the bag a few steps before abandoning it and skipping on to his room. Adam picked his bag up again and followed me. “Do I even want to know where the folks are?”

“Out.” I shrugged and jumped on his bed. “Why do you think they demand us come here when they don’t even bother to stick around to see us?”

“It’s to keep up the image, my dear sister.” He sighed and placed his book bag on the desk. “They get to tell all their friends how good parents they are because their kids come back every week to spend the night.”

“But they leave out the part where they bargain with your tuition money and my bill money.” I added and then frowned. It sounded pathetic.

“Yep, it’s the life they lead and the life we gave up. I can’t say the same for Drea, unfortunately.” He sighed again and I looked over to see him staring at a picture of the three of us when we were younger.

“She could change.” I mumbled and turned over on my stomach to get a better view of the picture. Adam turned around with a forced smile.

“Let’s go swimming.” I smiled a little.

“Nice subtle subject change.” I commented and got up from his bed. “Last one in the pool makes lunch!” I yelled before I dashed to my room and quickly changed.

Adam was already in the pool when I got downstairs. He laughed while I argued about how unfair it was that he was a boy and how easy it was for him to change into a swimsuit. After a few hours of Marco Polo and several laps, we climbed out of the pool and into the kitchen.

He called me a cheater when I simply made sandwiches for the two of us. While I was changing out of my suit, I checked my phone again. I had two new texts. One was from John, asking me how everyone was. I told him about my parents bailing, my sister’s day partying, and Adam’s heavy books. I was surprised when I opened the second text and found it wasn’t from Eric.

Nick : How’s home?

I stared at it for a while, open mouthed and wide eyed. Why did he even care how home was? “Jayce! You coming to watch a movie or are you taking a nap?” Adam’s yelled from outside my door. I snapped out of my daze and licked my lips.

“Uh, yeah. I’ll be out in just a second!” I threw my phone on the bed and quickly changed. I hesitated before snatching my phone up again and typing a quick reply.

When I entered the upstairs theater room, Adam was already situated in his chair with a box of Goobers and the intro to Buffy was playing. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a bag of Twislers before I joined him. My phone vibrated again.

Nick : It’s just fine? No family fiasco? Mama Drama? Sibling Rivalry? What kind of family do you come from?

I muffled a giggle into my palm and glanced at Adam. He didn’t notice so I texted Nick back and then tried to pay attention to the movie. Too bad he texted me back like two seconds later and the conversation just kept going after that.

Nick : No offense, but your family’s weird. My mom practically smothers me every time I come home
Jayce : That must be nice. My mom hasn’t smothered me since I was two months and depriving her of sleep
Nick : That is so wrong
Jayce : That’s my mom ; )
Nick : So…when do u come back?
Jayce : 2morrow, round noon. Why?
Nick : Well, Rocket was thinking about going out 2morrow night. U want to come?
Jayce : The Maine boys <3 to party. U should invite them.
Nick : Ur avoiding my question ; )
Jayce : Maybe
Nick : Maybe?
Jayce : I’d have to check with my bf first. We usually spend the night I get home 2gether. Alone.
Nick : Like u spent the night b4 alone 2?
Jayce : The night b4 is spent with the group, at 8123
Nick : I was there last night and trust me, though everyone was around, u 2 were in ur own world
Jayce : Is that so bad?
Nick : Nah, I’d just like to spend a little time with u 2

“Aw! Is Johnny Boy sending you dirty texts?” Adam teased and I nearly jumped out of my seat. I’d become so engrossed in my phone, I’d completely forgot about Adam and the movie. “You’re blushing.” He added to my dismay.

“Am not.” I defended and hid my phone in my pocket. I wasn’t going to inform him that I wasn’t even talking to my boyfriend and I was red as a tomato.

“Tell John I said hi.” He grinned and got up. I frowned after him.

Nick should not make me blush, or put butterflies in my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jayce. The drama is starting to boil my friends : ) any comments on Nick's adorableness
xooxEmber