Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Quality Time

Natalia

I had settled onto Eric's couch under a warm blanket with my old favorite book Wuthering Heights when John burst through the front door. He looked at me for a moment before looking around the room.

"Where's Eric?"

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "I thought he was with you guys."

John shook his head and sat down on the arm of the couch opposite me. "He's not answering his cell either. Nick and I decided to go do some stuff today."

"Stuff?"

"You know, guy stuff."

"Oh, right. Of course."

"So you don't know where he is then?"

I shook my head and turned the page of my book. He stood from the couch and ran a hand through hisgorgeous dark hair as he walked back toward the door.

"Well, if you see him, just tell him to call me or Nick."

"Kay."

"You know, Jayce is over at home. Just in case you get bored over here alone."

"Thanks."

He nodded, giving me a small smile before he opened the door and headed out. I went back to my book but I couldn't concentrate anymore. My eyes read over the words but it wasn't registering in my brain. I was too busy thinking about John. I tossed the book onto the coffee table and sat up straight on the couch, rubbing my eyes. The door opened again and I looked up to see Eric peaking in. When he saw me, he quietly crept in, shutting the door behind him and leaning his back against it.

"Eric, what on earth are you doing?"

"I'm hiding, of course!"

"From?"

"John and Nick!"

"You know, they wanted you to go do some 'guy stuff' with them today."

He shrugged his shoulders and flopped down next to me on the couch, throwing his arm around my shoulders. "I'd rather hang out with you anyway, little one. Get some quality time."

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"What are you doing anyway? No tv on, no music...."

I held up my book and he grabbed it from my hand, looking at it like it had a disease.

"I can't believe you're spending your day doing this."

"What's wrong with reading every once in awhile?"

"Once in a while? Nat, you read all the fucking time!"

"So?"

"That can't be fun."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Eric, there's a limited amount of things to do when you're shy like I am."

"Why are you so shy anyway? I mean, Nick is your fucking brother!"

"Nick and I are polar opposites. He's always been outgoing. I've always just kind of hid behind him."

"Welll, guess what? That stops now!"

He jumped up from the couch and grabbed my hand, pulling me up as well. He pushed me gently down the hallway.

"You get ready because we're gonna go somewhere!"

"Where's somewhere?"

"You'll see! Now go!"

I sighed as he gave me one more gentle nudge toward the bathroom and went to take a quick shower. Once I was dressed, I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and grabbed my cell then went back into the den where Eric was lying on the couch, reading my book.

"Enjoying my book, Eric?"

He jumped at my voice and sat up, tossing the book onto the couch cushion next to him and standing. "Ready to go?"

"I'm not sure..."

"You'll have fun. I promise!"

He led me out the door to his car and opened the passenger door for me to get in. He was being really cheesy, bowing as he shut the door before going around to get into the car on his side. We only drove for about ten or fifteen minutes before we pulled into a parking lot and parked. Eric made me wait while he went around to my side to open the door for me.

When we walked into the ice cream shop, he led me over to a table in the corner then went to order our ice cream. When he returned, he handed me my cone and sat down across from me.

"So what'd John come over for last night?"

My head snapped up and my eyes met his. He had a huge, cheesy grin on his face but he also looked extremely curious. "What?"

"After Nick got his stuff and came back, John left. I know he went over there, Nat."

"It wasn't a big deal, Eric."

"Yeah right. What'd he want?"

"Just to apologize for saying that about us yesterday. See? Not a big deal."

"Yeah, you say that. But I can see it in your eyes. It's a big deal to you."

"Eric, stop."

"Nat, come on. We're friends. You can talk to me."

"There's nothing to talk about, Eric! Just stop. Please."

"Alright. Sorry."

"It's fine."

I turned my head toward the window on my right and looked out but then Eric kicked me under the table.

"Oww!"

"Sorry. I was just trying to get your attention."

"What is it?"

"I am sorry."

"I know. It's okay."

"But you can talk to me."

"Thanks."

After we finished our ice cream and got back into the car, Eric finally told me where we were going.

"Eric, please no."

"Come on, Natalia! It'll be fun!"

"Pleeeease don't make me go."

I gave him my pouty face that absolutely always worked on Nick and it worked. He sighed and turned left in the direction of his apartment.

"I guess we can watch movies or something instead."

"Thanks, Eric."

I leaned over the console and pecked his cheek which definitely caught him off guard. He swerved slightly but got back straight in our lane immediately. I bit my lip to keep from laughing and looked out my window until we got home.

Of course he put on some lame "guy movie" that I wasn't the least bit interested in. But I didn't complain because he didn't end up dragging me places I didn't want to go. We were on opposite ends of the couch with our legs tangled in the middle. He was completely into the movie but I put my head back on the armrest and ended up falling asleep.

I woke up to a rather loud "What the fuck?!" behind me. I tried to roll over but I couldn't move. When I opened my eyes, I found an arm around my waist and a warm body pressed against my back. Nick, John, and Jayce were standing behind the couch, looking down at Eric and I. Jayce looked like she might squeal, while Nick and John both looked sort of dumbfounded. I shook Eric's arm and he mumbled something into my shoulder before lifting his head to see our visitors.

Nick crossed his arms. "So this is what you guys do when I'm not here?"

"Ugh, shut up, Nicholas."

I felt my cheeks flaming and I was sure everyone else could see just how embarrassed I was. Once Eric moved his arm, I sat up and pulled up my hair, which was a mess from sleeping on it. Eric got up from the couch completely and went into the kitchen, leaving me alone with the three of them. Nick hopped over the back of the couch, landing beside me. He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him.

"Are you still going to tell me you don't like Eric?"

I rolled my eyes and pushed against his chest. "No, I don't, Nick. I honestly just fell asleep."

"I don't believe you."

"I really don't. I don't know how we even got in that position."

"Yeah, I'm sure. Whatever you say."

"God, Nick, just stop!"

I got up and went to my room, leaving all three of them pretty shocked that I'd even raised my voice. It wasn't something I did normally. In fact, I was pretty sure that I'd only yelled at Nick once or twice since we were children. John and Jayce on the other hand, had never heard me get angry or raise my voice. I'm sure I shocked them good when I shut the door more forcefully than necessary.

I fell onto my bed on my stomach and pulled the pillow over my head. I absolutely felt like I could die of embarrassment. On top of just Nick begin there, Jayce and most importantly John were there too. Way to go, Natalia.

There was a quiet knock on the door but I didn't say anything. Honestly, I didn't want to see anyone. My face still felt hot. I heard it open anyway then shut back and then the bed shifted. I was afraid to uncover my head to see who'd come in so I just waited for whoever it was to start talking.

"Natalia, I'm sorry."

It was Nick. I could hear the strain in his voice. We never got mad at each other and I could tell that it hurt him that I'd yelled at him. I suddenly wanted to jump up and give him a big hug. I slowly uncovered my head and tossed the pillow back in its spot. He looked down at me like I'd completely broken his heart. I sat up and curled my legs under me, holding the pillow to my chest and looking away from his eyes.

"Nat-...."

"I swear I don't. You just wouldn't listen to me. I didn't mean to yell at you."

"I know. I'm sorry. I should've just dropped it. I know how easily embarrassed you are."

A small smile appeared on his face and I hit him lightly with my pillow.

"I hate you."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Do you forgive me?"

"As long as you promise to not do that crap anymore."

"I promise."

"Alright then. I guess...."

"Okay, good. Well, just so you know, you and Eric are eating dinner with us at John's tonight."

He got up and left the room, shutting the door behind him gently. I groaned and fell back onto my bed, looking up at the ceiling.

Well, this is just fabulous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nat's outfit

So incredibly sorry it's taken so long. My classes started back yesterday. My, my, some of my classmates are fiiiine-looking gentlemen.