Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Later

Natalia

"Come the fuck on, Natalia! We're gonna be late!"

"We're not going to be late, Eric. Get your panties out of a twist."

He scoffed at me as I passed him in the hallway. I grabbed my bag from the chair in the living room and opened the front door, then turned back to him.

"Hurry up, Eric! We're gonna be late!"

He rolled his eyes at me as we got into the car and turned the music up as we pulled out of the driveway. Call me creeper, but I knew immediately that it was John's voice. I looked over at Eric and he grinned. "Like it? John just gave it to me yesterday."

"Yeah, it's good."

"It's just something they've been working on for awhile."

I nodded my head and looked out the window and nothing more was said on the way to the restaurant, leaving me free to listen to the raspy voice blaring through the speakers.

We ended up arriving first, despite Eric's whining about us being late. We went ahead and grabbed the back booth since it was big enough for everyone. Only a few minutes later, we were joined by Kennedy and Gemma, who said she'd just talked to Jayce and informed us that they were almost there as well. Nick, John, and Jayce slid into the right side of the booth with John last, making me directly across from him.

I made the mistake of looking up at his face and my eyes locked with his. I felt my cheeks begin to heat up but I found myself not being able to look away from him. He smiled and turned his attention to the waiter who'd just approaced out table.

After we had all ordered, Eric put his arm around my shoulders and leaned back, making himself comfortable as he listened to Nick chatter on and on. Kennedy's face was one of confusion and he looked over at Nick. "Dude, why are you so damn happy?"

Everyone looked at Nick but he just shrugged. "Can't I just be happy for no reason?"

Eric shook his head no. "You're never this happy for no reason."

"Yeah, dude, come on."

"What's up with you?"

"Okay, okay. Damn." Nick smirked. "Well, I found my girl."

All the guys flooded him with "Alright, man!" and "Dude, that's awesome!" but I just sat still and looked down at my hands in my lap. Nick still hadn't said anything to me about his mysterious girl, much less that he'd found her. I knew nothing about the girl that was causing my brother so much happiness and that hurt me. It was like he'd suddenly forgotten that he had a sister with whom he used to share everything.

"So what's she like?" John asked.

Nick cleared his throat, looking cautiously around the table. I didn't meet his eyes. "Well, she's-.....amazing."

The three guys fired question after question at Nick but he was very vague. He didn't describe her appearance, only saying that she was "extremely beautiful." He went on and on about how amazing and funny she was though.

My phone vibrated in my lap so I uncrossed my arms and slid my phone open to read the text.

Are you okay?

When I looked up at John, he raised his eyebrows, as if urging me to answer him. I shrugged my shoulders and set my phone back down while Eric gave me a confused glance for shrugging for seemingly no reason. My phone buzzed again, this time with just one word. Later.

I sighed and closed the phone, sliding it into my bag and re-crossing my arms. The questions to Nick continued but he still didn't give any valuable information that would help me find out who it was he was so crazy for.

Lunch seemed to drag on forever and I was thankful when Eric and I finally got into the car to go home. I was more than ready to get away from John, who continued giving me questioning/concerned looks at the table and Nick, who I was a bit hurt by. When we got back to Eric's, I dropped my bag onto the floor beside the couch and curled up on the left side, resting my head on the armrest.

Eric hopped over the back of the couch, landing on top of me and grinning. I managed a weak smile in return and he sat up, leaning against the armrest on the opposite side.

"Nat, you okay?"

I sighed and scratched my neck and he opened his arms for me. I moved over and leaned into his side as he pulled the blanket off the back of the couch over us and turned the tv on. That was one thing I loved about Eric. He didn't make me talk if I didn't want to. He was just there and that made me feel better. He even let me watch a Whale Wars marathon.

About seven episodes later, the front door swung open and John strolled into the living room, immediately stopping when he spotted us on the couch. He furrowed his eyebrows at us but then shook his head.

"Halvo, Jayce needs your help with something."

"What?"

"I don't know. Would you just go?"

"Alright, fine, man. Yeesh."

I pulled the blanket off of our legs and sat up so that he could get up from the couch. Once he put his shoes back on, he left the apartment, leaving me alone with John. I sat up completely and curled up on the one side of the couch while he sat on the other.

"So?"

"So?"

"You want to tell me what's going on?"

"Nothing's going on. I'm just in a bad mood. Can't I be in a bad mood sometimes?"

"You? No. There's something bothering you."

"You don't know that."

"Like I've said before, Nat. You're so easy to read."

I sighed. "It's just Nick. Again."

"Still hasn't told you about his mystery lover?"

"Eww. Don't say lover."

"What's wrong with that? You don't think they're loooovers?"

"Eww, eww, eww. Stop that right now."

He chuckled. "He still hasn't said anything to you?"

"Not a word."

"Did you talk to him like I told you?"

"No...."

He rolled his eyes. "Well, there's your problem. You're being a little pansy. Just ask him about it."

"You don't get it, John. I shouldn't have to ask. He'd usually sit me down and tell me every single detail he could about girls he liked. And he's never liked one like he likes this girl."

"Well, there has to be a reason, Nat. Just, I don't know, give it time, I guess?"

"You suck with the advice."

He laughed just as his phone began to ring. It was Eric so he put it on speakerphone.

"LIAR! Jayce did not need me. You're just a big fat liar!"

John glanced over at me briefly. "Did you call for a reason?"

"Yes, actually. Nick and I came up with a great idea!"

"And what exactly is this great idea?"

"Bowling!"

"Bowling?"

"Yes! We're going to call everyone!"

"Okay, you do that."

"Jayce wants to know if you're coming back home."

"Uhh, yeah. I'll be back in a minute."

Eric hung up the phone without saying goodbye and John stuffed the phone back into his pocket as he stood up. "Well, I should go. Talk to Nick, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Bye, Natalia."

"Bye, John."
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

So sorry it's taken so long, guys. School=death. No lie.

We'd definitely like to hear your thoughts, opinions, and comments. Tell us what you like and what you hate!