Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Swings

Natalia

"Uhh, guys?"

As soon as I heard his voice, my eyes popped open. I moved to roll over and was suddenly aware of a heavy weight on me. I looked down and found Eric sleeping next to me with his arm thrown over my hips. John was standing in the doorway with a shocked expression on his face and I'm sure my face matched. I sat up as best I could with Eric's weight on me and shook his arm.

He mumbled incoherently and his eyes fluttered open.

"What are you doing in here?"

"I just came- John! Man, what are you doing here?"

John still just stared at us and my face was getting hotter by the minute. There was no way he wouldn't suspect something between me and Eric now. Not after he walked into my room and found Eric cuddled up next to me as we both slept. Which brought me back around to my question.

"Eric, why are you asleep in my bed?"

"I came in to wake you up cause-....shit!"

"What?"

"I came to wake you up because Nick called you but you didn't answer your phone."

"What did he want?"

"He wanted you to call him. Damn it! You just looked so comfy when I came in. And I was still sleepy when he called and-"

"How long ago was that?"

"What time is it now?"

I looked over at the alarm clock on the table beside my bed. "11:28"

"It was about an hour ago."

"Eric!"

"I'm sorry! I was tired!"

"Was it important?"

"I don't know?"

"You are so frustrating sometimes."

"Not the first time I've heard that."

I glared at him and reached for my phone but John cleared his throat. "It wasn't that important."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. How did he know?

"Well, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out today"

"You called?"

"Yeah"

I looked back at Eric. "You idiot, it was John, not Nick"

"I was barely awake!"

"Sorry I didn't answer. I guess I didn't hear it ring"

"See? At least I answered my phone, unlike you!" Eric stated, pointing his finger at me.

I smacked his hand. "Get out of my bed."

"Technically, it's my bed."

"You are so mean!"

"I'm kidding, Natty."

"I know."

I pushed his shoulder then got out of my bed, going over to the dresser to get some clothes.

John still stood in the doorway watching both Eric and I. "So is that a yes?"

"Oh, sorry. Yeah. I just have to shower."

He nodded and moved out of the way so that Icould get to the bathroom. After a quick shower, I got dressed and towel dried my hair then went back to my room to grab my shoes before going back into the living room. John and Eric were both sitting on the couch looking straight ahead, not talking.

"Ready, John?"

He nodded and stood up, walking to the door but Eric just scowled. I looked back to John. "Go ahead. I'll be right out." John nodded and went outside and I leaned over the back of the couch. "You okay, Eric?"

After a minute, he smiled. "Yeah. Have fun."

I gave him a look but said bye before I went out to the car where John was waiting. I slid into the passenger seat and John looked over at me. "Where to?"

"I have no idea. You pick."

"Hungry?"

"Starving."

"Alright. Good."

He backed out of the driveway and we headed in a direction I wasn't familiar with.

It wasn't long before we pulled into the Chipotle parking lot and I cheered internally. We went to order and I went to get my wallet but John threw a twenty down before I could. After much protesting, I finally just thanked him and we went to sit down to eat.

"So did you talk to your brother yet?"

"Yeah, finally. Yesterday."

"What'd he say?"

"He apologized and then told me some stuff about her."

"See? I told you to just tell him it was bothering you. Problem solved."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"You guess so?"

"Yeah. I mean, there's still alot he didn't tell me about her. He said they have their reasons but it still kind of bugs me that he won't even tell me. I'm his sister!"

"Well, it's probably a good reason if he can't even tell you about it, right?"

"Yeah...."

"Besides, at least he told you something."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he took a sip from his drink. "What's that mean?"

He sighed. "It's just Jayce."

"What about her?"

"I don't know. She's just been so....distant lately. Like her head's always in a different place. And quiet. She's been so quiet and she only gets like that when something's up."

"I'm sorry, John."

"I just wish she would talk to me, you know? Like tell me what's going on. Maybe I could help."

"Maybe she has her reasons. Like Nick does."

"Yeah, I guess."

We finished our food in silence and then John suggested we go to the park so I agreed. Once we had parked and got out of the car, we began walking in the direction of the empty playground, again in silence. I didn't have too much to say around John.That's probably because I may have a tiny crush and he's my brother's friend, not to mention taken.

I stepped sideways to avoid some gum on the sidewalk and his hand brushed up against my arm. My heart lept into my throat as he looked over at me and muttered an apology. Poor guy was probably so lost in thinking about Jayce. I headed for the swing lower to the ground, leaving the one higher up for him.

I swang back and forth lightly but John just sat there in his swing, not moving.

"John, maybe you should just give her some time and she'll tell you when she's ready."

He looked over at me and gave me a half smile. "Yeah, you're probably right."

"Well, you were."

He started swinging back and forth but he looked ridiculous because his legs were so long.

"I bet I can go higher than you," he challenged me.

"I bet not."

"Oh yeah? Go."

We both started swinging higher and my legs were getting tired from moving them back and forth so much. Of course, he was able to swing higher than me.

"That's not fair."

"I won fair and square!"

"Did not. Your legs are just longer so it looked like you went farther than I did."

"Yeah right. I won!"

"Okay. Whatever you say."

He laughed and shook his head.

Well, at least he's smiling again. And Good God, when he smiles.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Natalia. I think this is the fastest we've ever updated. You guys know what to do! Oh, and here is a little something for you all. Also, I love this picture. So adorable!