Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Drinks

I applied the last little bit of eye shadow and sat back to examine myself in the mirror. "Flawless." I winked at my reflection and stood up. Low muffled voices came from the front room. I slipped on my heels and grabbed the finishing touch for my look, a necklace John bought me for our first year anniversary.

"Babe! Have you seen my shoes?" John yelled from the front room and I giggled.

"They're under the sink." I shouted back as I left the bedroom.

"Why are your shoes under the sink?" Tim was our forced volunteer DD and he was staring at the kitchen entrance in befuddlement when I entered. He turned his attention to me and let out a low whistle. "Looking good, Jayce." He smirked and I blushed.

"Right back atcha, Kirch." I mumbled and started for the kitchen. John met me half way and I grinned as I handed him the necklace. I twirled and held my hair to the side as the cool metal went around my neck. His fingers lingered at the base of my neck and I bit my bottom lip as he left a small kiss there.

"Alright, let's go." Tim jingled his keys and John's arm snaked around my waist.

"I'm driving." John held out his hand and smirked. Tim rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." He grumbled and threw the keys before heading out the door. John held my hand through the car ride and I prayed he didn't notice ho wclamy my hands got the closer we got to Kennedy's house.

The party was in full swing by the time we arrived. Halvo wasn't there with the guests yet, but everyone else was. A good hour in and I spotted Gemma easily with her arms around an unfamiliar boy. I shook my head and kissed John on the cheek before I walked over to her.

"Gemma!" I sang as I got closer and her green eyes widened.

"Jayce!" She yelled and ditched the boy. I giggled and hugged her. Gemma was the first to accept me when John and I started dating. She completely ignored my reputation and took me in like a sister. "Damn girl, you looking fine." That may have been because she was practically just like me.

"Not half as fine as you. I love the new blue in your hair." I playfully pulled on a strand and she rolled her eyes.

"I was feeling dramatic so I said what the hell." She shrugged.

"When aren't you feeling dramatic?" Kennedy asked smugly as he joined us and threw his arm around Gemma.

"Oh, bug off Trotter." She's also known Kennedy since they were both in diapers. Kennedy laughed and dropped his arm. "Hey look, there's Halvo!" As soon as the sentence came out, she took off at a run to tackle the poor unsuspecting boy.

I swallowed hard again. Halvo meant Nick. Nick meant trouble.

"I gotta get some air, Kenny." I squeezed his arm and headed straight for his kitchen. I didn't even make it to the doorway before familiar arms wrapped around my torso and pulled me to the side.

"And this is my beautiful girlfriend, Jayce Lynn." John introduced as he left a wet kiss on my cheek and I flinched. "Jayce, this is Nick and his sister, Natalia." I forced a smile and focused all of my attention on the small brown haired girl in front of me. She was pretty, but from her defensive stance and uneasy glances I could tell she was uncomfortable.

"Jayce and I already met." His cool voice made dread run through my veins. "At the last party I was here for." He added, as if he needed to clarify. I slowly slid my eyes to his and my heart stopped.

Nick was staring at me intently, like he was trying to read my mind.

"She threw both of these parties." John nodded proudly and tightened his arms around me.

"She's the party queen around this scene." I hadn't even noticed Pat on John's other side until he spoke.

"Oh really?" Nick raised his eyebrows and I wanted so much to just smack him. If he kept throwing out hints like that, our little secret would be unveiled before the night ended.

"Yeah, I was just on my way to the kitchen." I tried politely to excuse myself but John didn't let me go.

"I'll come with you, babe. Anybody else want anything?" He was always a perfect gentleman, but right now I wished he was imperfect.

"I don't drink alcohol." Natalia's voice was so soft, I almost didn't hear her. My mouth dropped to the floor once I did comprehend her words.

"We'll change that fast, baby." A drunk Garrett showed up from nowhere and put an arm around her waist. The disgust and horror were crystal clear on her features. It was somewhat humorous.

"Get off my sister, Nickelsen!" Nick seemed to momentarily forget my presence and I took that as my chance to dash away, dragging John with me.

"Whoa, Jayce. Everything alright?" John asked concerned and spun me around once we got in the kitchen.

I didn't take the time to respond verbally. Instead, I pulled on his shirt and crashed my lips against his. "I love you." I whispered forcefully once we split apart.

John brought his big, rough hands up to cup my face. "I love you too, baby girl." He smiled softly before kissing me tenderly.

I convinced myself that not telling John about Nick was thebest right thing as more and more alcohol went into my system. We were technically on a break anyway. There was no reason to break his heart and my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
sooooooooo .... I'm going to see the Backstreet Boys tomorrow! *barely contains excitement*
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I'm going out of my mind. I just can't wait.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk; lol
leave comments?
xooxEmber