Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Not Okay

Natalia

When I got up, I stuck my head outside my door to see if could hear Eric. I heard no sound at all, so I tip-toed down the hall to his bedroom and peaked in, finding clothes thrown over his unmade bed and towels on the floor. I assumed by that that he had already taken a shower, gotten dressed, and left. Thank goodness.

I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower before going back to my room to get dressed. Instead of going to look for Eric, I decided to just stay in my room and read something. I grabbed Wuthering Heights, which I hadn't read in awhile and curled up on my bed to start reading.

I was almost finished with Chapter 11 when my door opened and Eric popped his head in. "Oh, look who's finally awake!"

"I've been awake for a long time, thank you."

"Are you hungry?"

I shrugged. "I could eat."

"Well, I brought home some chinese food for you and it's in the kitchen. I have to go run some errands in town but I'll be back in time for dinner."

"Okay. Thanks."

He grinned and shut the door to leave so I finished my chapter then got up and went into the kitchen to eat. I opened the two small boxes and smiled when I saw the chow mein with an egg roll on the side. He remembered my favorite.

I grabbed the boxes and went to sit in the living room, turning the tv on to the Discovery channel as I ate my food. I ended up getting really interested in a program about sharks and I stayed curled up on the couch until Eric got back home around five.

"You ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"We're eating over at Jayce and John's tonight. Nick said he texted you."

"He did?"

I dug my cell phone from my pocket and slid it open. Sure enough, there was the text. I shrugged. "I guess I didn't hear it ring."

"So you ready to go?"

"Yeah, sure"......Not.

I got up from the couch and went to throw my trash away in the kitchen before meeting Eric back at the door. We walked over to John and Jayce's and I was already getting nervous. Not only would I be in the presence of Eric and John, who I was lying to, but also Nick and Jayce, who I was lying for.

Eric didn't bother knocking, instead just waltzing right in the door and I had a terrible flashback to the time when I just went on inside. John greeted us warmly as we came into the living room but Jayce just glanced up at me and looked away, the anxiety visible on her face. Well, visible to me anyway. It was obvious that she was worried I was going to tell someone, but I'd never do that to Nick.

I timidly took a seat next to Eric on the couch but he grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to his side, so that I was practically sitting on his thigh. I squirmed a bit until I was at least off of him and he lazily draped his arm around my shoulders as he started up a conversation with John, who was sitting across from us, somewhat staring. My eyes drifted over to Jayce, who was busying herself with straightening stacks of cds and dvds.

Nick came up from the hallway and greeted Eric and I smiling. Jayce looked briefly at him then over at me before biting her lip and refocusing on the dvds in her hands. I looked over at John who was totally oblivious to that and I wondered how I could've not noticed it before now.

Jayce went back into the kitchen without a word to anyone and Nick took the empty space beside me. He leaned over and kissed the top of my head whispering, "Thanks, sis" before involving himself in the conversation already going on.

I sat silently among the three boys, not looking up at any of them the entire time. Jayce finally announced that dinner was ready and everyone headed to the table to sit down. John sat at the head of the table and somehow I unfortunately ended up sitting right next to him with Eric on my other side. I noticed Jayce took the seat across from me, meaning she was sitting in between John and Nick.

John, Eric, and Nick continued their conversation with an occasional comment from Jayce but I stayed silent and ate my pasta. I felt unbearably awkward being in the same room with Nick, Jayce, and John all at once. I already hated keeping this secret.

"Nat?"

I bit my lip and looked up from my plate, over at John. "Yeah?"

"You haven't said a word since you got here. You okay?"

I automatically took a glance at Jayce before looking back at him and nodding my head weakly. He didn't look convinced but he didn't push the subject and I was thankful for that.

After everyone had finished eating, Eric volunteered to help Jayce clean up while Nick, John, and I went back into the living room so that John could pick a movie for us to watch. He put the movie in and paused it to wait for Eric and Jayce. I sat down on the couch next to Nick while John sat in the big chair on the other side of the room.

Eric and Jayce returned and Eric sat down on my lap, refusing to move until I pinched his ribs. He squealed like a little girl and moved off of my legs onto the cushion beside me.

"That was mean."

"You're heavy!"

"I am not!"

"Sorry but you are."

He threw his arm around my shoulders and ruffled my hair until I could finally push him away. He laughed and John pressed play to start the movie. Of course Jayce had gone over to John's chair and sat with him. I looked over at Nick and he looked pretty pissed. The beginning credits began to roll and I tried to make myself focus on the tv screen in front of me.

I couldn't help it. Every few minutes or so, my eyes would drift over to the couple curled up together in the chair. Nick was tensed up beside me and I could tell without looking at him that he was angry about it. On one hand, I could see his point. He was in love with her and she was over there snuggled up to and kissing John right in front of him. On the other hand, it was John that was her boyfriend, not Nick.

I couldn't help but watch. He had his arms wrapped tightly around her waist while she laid her head against his chest and he leaned down to kiss her forehead over and over. Nick's fists were clenched on his thighs as she smiled and tilted her head back and they just started kissing. Right in front of Nick.

That was it for me. I moved Eric's hand from my thigh and got up. I could feel all four of them watching me as I walked out of the living room and out the door, shutting it with a little more force than necessary. I started walking back toward Eric's apartment but it wasn't long before I heard footsteps fast approaching from behind me. I stopped and turned, just as Nick came to a stop.

"Nat-"

"How can you just sit there and watch them?"

"It's not easy."

"It's ridiculous. Does she expect me to keep you a secret for her so that she can just go cozy up to her boyfriend and pretend she's not cheating on him?"

"Nat, I know. But please. You can't say anything."

"Nick, I can't believe you're okay with that."

"I'm not okay with it but I don't really have a choice right now."

"You could, I don't know, not be her dirty little secret?"

"Natalia, I told you, I am in love with that girl. I'll do anything if it means I can be with her."

"Even if it means only settling for half of her?"

"Yes."

I sighed. "Well, I guess if you're okay with it, then I have to be."

"Thank you, Nat. Really"

He leaned forward and pulled me into a tight hug.

That's when I thought, I'm still not okay with it. It's obviously hurting Nick. And even though he doesn't know it, it's hurting John too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Natalia. So sorry it's taken so incredibly long, guys. I went to see my parents for the weekend and it got hectic. Anywho, this is for you all. I'm sorry, but I just find Halvo so adorable.