Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Shit For Sure

Jayce

I bit my bottom lip as I watched Nick follow Natalia out the front door. My stomach lurched and my throat swelled.

“What’s the matter with Nat?” John’s body tensed and his tone was protective. I glanced at him and saw the not-so-friendly look he was giving Eric.

“I don’t know.” Eric sighed and shook his head as he sat forward. “She’s been acting weird since yesterday. Nick keeps trying to talk to her, but I don’t think it’s working.”

“You think something’s going on?” John raised his eyebrows and the concern swirled in those green eyes of his. It made my insides even more queasy.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I got off of John’s lap and went to the kitchen. The boys were too busy worrying to really pay any attention to my departure, but I was glad for that. There was no way I could explain myself.

I leaned against the counter and put my head in my hands. Why’d I have to kiss him?

The front door opened a few minutes later and my head snapped up. I swallowed hard and tiptoed to the doorway so that I could see the living room. Natalia was sitting in her previous spot, except she seemed to be closer to Eric now. He had his arm around her shoulders and she had her head resting on his chest.

Nick was standing behind the couch, his carton of cigarettes in hand. He looked at me and gave a small reassuring smile before returning to his conversation. The simple, sweet gesture made my heart fumble for a few beats.

“Yeah, I’ll come out with you.” John stood up and turned to see me. He grinned and came to kiss me on the lips before he followed Nick out. I bit my lip again as my eyes darted to Natalia. Her nose was crinkled up as she stared at me.

“Eric, I want to go home.” She mumbled before breaking our eye contact and looking up at him.

He nodded and smiled. “Okay.” The two stood up and put their shoes back on. Eric came over to hug me but Natalia kept her distance, which I couldn’t blame her for. I was, after all, the stupid bitch that was making her and her brother lie.

I had the sudden urge to explain myself to her, to prove that I wasn’t just doing this because. I wanted to tell her what Nick did to me, but in vague details because he was still her brother. I wanted her to understand just why I couldn’t tell Nick no, but then it occurred to me.

I didn’t know why I couldn’t say no to him. I just couldn’t. It was like my body just ached for him.

My cheeks burned as I thought about telling her that. I would have to work on my speech a little bit, but I had to talk to her. One on one. Woman to woman. Maybe then she’d understand.

I rolled my eyes. I don’t even fucking understand. I busied myself with cleaning while I was alone. I imagined talking to Natalia a little too, but then Nick and John came back in. Both of them smelled of smoke and I had to focus hard on controlling the senses that were triggered by it.

“Jayce, babe, what are you doing?” John smirked as he looked at the basket in my hands. I looked down and mentally groaned sinceof course my panties were laying on top of everything for both boys to clearly see.

“Just getting the dirty clothes ready to wash tomorrow.”

“What about the movie?” He frowned and I glanced over. I had long forgotten the paused picture of a young Luke Perry on the TV screen. I pursed my lips and was about to make an excuse about lack of sleep when Nick smirked.

“Come on, Jayce. There’s only about thirty minutes left. You can’t stop watching Buffy half way through.”

I frowned but I didn’t stand much of a chance against both their adorable pouting faces. “Fine.” I sighed and placed the basket down, leaving it for tomorrow.

“Yes.” John cheered and grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the couch. My stomach knotted all over again as the three of us sat down on the couch, me in the middle.

I don’t know how I lasted forty-three minutes with Nick on my one side and John on my other. There was something burning from Nick the entire time. I couldn’t tell exactly what it was, but it was practically choking me. John was completely oblivious, to both Nick and the movie. Periodically, he would lean over and plant kisses all over the side of my face and neck.

Finally, however, it was time to go to bed. I sighed with relief as I popped up from the couch and went to the entertainment center to put the movie back where it belonged. John took the empty glasses from the coffee table to the kitchen and I snatched to opportunity.

“Nick?” My voice wavered a bit as I stood back up.

“Yeah?” He gave me a questioning look.

“Um … I was thinking … maybe … well … how …” I frowned as all my words jumbled. It was unfair the effect he had on me when he looked at me like that and smelled like that. It completely flustered me.

“Spit it out, Jayce.” Nick laughed as he went to take a step closer. I cautiously took a step back. I definitely did not trust myself right now.

“I want to talk to Natalia.” I quite literally blurted it out and then bit my bottom lip.

“Uh, okay? Am I supposed to be her secretary and schedule you an appointment?”

I rolled my eyes, a little of my confidence coming back. “No. I just … I wanted to know how you think I should … approach her? I mean, you are her brother and she did walk in on …” I trailed off just as John was coming back into the room.

“Right.” Nick nodded and glanced at John before giving a tight smile. “Yeah, I think that’s a good idea. Maybe some girl bonding would get her to open up, you know. Take her to a spa or something. She likes that kind of quiet stuff.”

“You guys are talking about Nat?” John furrowed his eyebrows.

“Jayce volunteered to try and talk to her, you know, about the whole mood swing thing.” Nick shrugged and faked some concern. We both knew what Natalia was really freaking out about.

“Oh, okay.” John sounded a little disappointed but he smiled anyway. He wrapped his arm around my waist and started to pull me toward the hallway. “Night Nick.”

“Night.” Nick waved. There was such a forlorn expression in his eyes. My heart melted.

“Good night, Nick.” My voice came out soft and I almost didn’t think he’d be able to hear it, but then he smiled. It was small, but at least it was real. And then my heart melted all over again.

I am in the shit for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh, it's short and kind of filler-ish; the next chapter is so much more interesting ; ) lol, we'd love it if someone maybe made us a banner? pretty please? and maybe you could comment while you're at it and tell us what you love about this story?
xooxEmber

insirpation :: Gerard Way and his never-ending ability to make me laugh : ) 4:53 if you want to see the exact part I'm talking about.