Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Action

Natalia

Here it was. First full day of being Natalia of Halvo & Natalia: Cute as baby bunnies. Honestly, I already hated this plan. I felt guilty. Nick and I had set this whole thing up to try to break up John and Jayce, which was just terrible of us.

However, I just couldn't seem to stop myself from thinking maybe I actually had a chance with John if this worked. But then I'd convince myself of the opposite and feel lousy again. In the 16 hours since Eric had announced it to the entire bowling alley, I'd been on a roller coaster of feelings- guilt, hope, guilt, hope, guilt, hope.

We were all going out again, now that John and Jayce had returned. Now was the time to test the water and see if this plan was going to work. I personally had my doubts but Nick was stoked on it. He even came over about an hour before we were supposed to leave to "prep" me. While I was straightening my hair and putting on a bit of makeup, he sat on the edge of my bed, giving me tips.

"Nat, you're going to have to be more affectionate now that John'll be here."

I rolled my eyes at him but didn't respond.

"Seriously though. You guys aren't acting any differently than usual. You've gotta step it up a notch or two."

"Okay, okay, I know, Nick."

He sighed and got up, coming over to kiss my forehead before leaving the room. Honestly, I wasn't sure how exactly to step it up a notch. Eric and I were always "couple-ish" so I didn't know what else I could do. I was tired of Nick lecturing me though so I didn't ask any questions.

After I changed out of my pajamas and into some clothes, I grabbed my shoes and went into the living room where both Eric and Nick were waiting at the door. We got into Eric's car and drove to the skating rink. It had been Gemma's someone's brilliant idea. I was just glad I happened to be a good skater, thanks to my childhood.

Surprisingly, we were some of the first of the group to arrive. Only Tim, Pat, Kennedy, and Gemma had arrived already. We all went on to the counter to rent skates. Eric made sure to get rollerblades instead because they were more "manly" and the other guys ended up doing the same. Once I got my skates on, Gemma was practically dragging me out to skate with her, leaving Eric with the other boys.

She mostly just talked about how "fucking precious" Eric and I were. By the time we went back to seats, John and Jayce were at the counter renting skates. John gave me a weird look that I had no idea what it meant. I flopped down beside Eric and he lifted my hand from my lap and planted a kiss on the top of it.

John and Jayce sat down on the bench directly across from Eric and I to put theirs on and Eric squeezed my shoulder, giving me a wink when I looked over at him. I inconspiculously looked back over toward John, where he stood with his arm around Jayce's waist. He was looking at Eric and I as if he were confused about something. He was probably wondering why we were suddenly a "couple", no doubt. I figured alot of people would wonder about that. Well, except Gemma.

Eric grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet, leading me out to skate some more. He held it tightly the whole time and was ridiculously sweet. Even more than usual. He was playing his part well. He gave me some money to go and get us drinks so I headed toward the concessions counter. I told the girl behind the counter what I wanted and then waited while she got them.

I felt someone brush against my arm and when I turned my head, I was face to shoulder with John.

"Hey."

"Hey...."

"So, you and Halvo, huh?"

"Yep."

The girl set my drinks on the counter and I handed her the money then grabbed the cups, giving John a small smile as I walked back to the group. I gave Eric his drink then took my seat next to him, just as John rejoined everyone. He gave me one more look before going out to where Jayce was calling him.

After we all left the skating rink, John, Jayce, Nick, Eric, and I went back to Eric's to watch a movie. I was on edge the whole time, being in the same room with that particular group of people but I tried to act normal. Eric snaked his arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple and I scooted closer into his side.

John suddenly stood up mumbling that he was going to get something to drink and Jayce just looked at him confused until he disappeared into the kitchen. I looked over at Nick but he just smirked.

I still wasn't convinced this plan was actually working.
♠ ♠ ♠
Natalia. I know this is extremely short; so so sorry. I promise my next chapter will be better! And we all know Ember's chapter will be better.

:)