Status: Comments mean faster updates ;D

This is NOT a Love Story.

Knees Weak?

It had been a week since Ali got out of the hospital. This time around, she was more careful than she usually was. But then again; It was November, and the bitter Chicago weather was beginning to show face. Which meant less psychopaths. Tugging the hood of her big purple sweater on her head, she ran from the train to the daycare center.

Image

Kimi was waiting for her at the door, and all but tackled her to the floor. Ali just laughed, and picked up the small girl. "Kimi, every day I come here. Why do you always act like its the first time you're seeing me in years?" Kimi just giggled and squirmed out of her grasp. Tugging the older girl by the hand, she tugged her to the movie room. Zariiah was already there, watching the Incredibles with Eliot. Kimi sat down and patted the mat next to her. Ali swore she was too smart for her age. Ali sat down and crossed her legs. Kimi smiled like she knew the secret to being forever young. A smile tugged at Ali's lips, and she looked down at Kimi. Suddenly, the small girl leaned over. "My daddy LIKES YOU! Kimi giggled like she held the key to the meaning of life. Ali looked shocked. "Why do you say that, Kimster?" The little girl's eyes sparkled brightly. "He said your name last night. I heard him!" Ali rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"It was probably a dream, Kimi!" Ali smiled and poked the small girl in the belly. Kimi put on her stubborn face. "No it wasn't! I got up to potty and I heard him say it." Her face was so determined, that Ali questioned her own suggestion. However, she dismissed it as wishful thinking. Such a handsome man need not dream about her, a simple high school student.

"Hey Kimi, wanna dance a little?" Ali tried to distract the little girl. It worked. "Yeah!" Kimi responded enthusiastically. Ali sighed inwardly, in thanks. She needed the distraction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry so short, but I'm NOT updating again until my subs and comments match my readers! Shoutouts to Vanzchyk2011 and Dancing In The Rain; for commenting faithfully, this is for you 2 <3