Hey Romeo, Don't You Think You're Just a Tad Overrated?

Interrogation

"You look amazing," Alyssa whispered dramatically. "He'll be blown off his feet!"

"Lyss, I look exactly the same every single day," I pointed out. "Except you know, my torso is uh, sparkly."

"Sequins are in right now!" Alyssa insisted.

"I look like a disco ball," I muttered plaintively.

The doorbell to our house suddenly rang. Alyssa squealed, as if she were the one going on the date. I heard the door open and David and Max's voice drift slowly up the stairs. I froze.

"Er, good evening, Headmaster McAllister," Max began uncomfortably. "Is Aurelie here?"

"Well, Mr. Austerlitz! I've got to say, good game today!" David began all smiles.

"Thank you, sir. We played relatively well," I heard Max.

"You're here for Aurelie? Aurelie!" David called up the stairs.

Alyssa and I took our cue to sprint downstairs. Alyssa winked at me mouthed the words "have fun" and slipped into the kitchen to go out the back door.

"Hey, Max," I said nervously.

"Aurelie," he smiled in relief. His dark blonde hair was still slightly wet from the shower, and he had changed into a long-sleeved shirt and nice jeans and a belt.

David smiled at the both of us. "So where are you guys going tonight?"

"Uh, just into town, sir. For dinner," Max started.

David nodded, sitting down on the couch in the living room, crossing his legs comfortably. "So, Max, how are you doing in school? How are your new AP courses?"

"Um, the usual, sir," Max stuttered. "AP Physics is a bit harsh, but it's very, uh, interesting."

David picked up a newspaper casually. "Mmm," he said.

I elbowed Max. He threw me a look.

"Uh, David, we're going to go now," I spoke up, tugging at Max's shirtsleeve.

"Sure," David said, nonchalant. "Please have Aurelie back at exactly ten o'clock, Mr. Austerlitz. There will be consequences otherwise. You may go," he opened the evening paper.

I literally dragged Max out of the McAllister house.

"I can't believe he interrogated you," I moaned as we finally got out.

Max laughed tensely. "Yeah, that was really awkward," he said, loosening up slowly. "My headmaster is going all protective father over you, and he's telling me there's going to be consequences if you're not home by ten. Trust me; you're going to be back at nine-thirty."

I smiled lightly as we exited school property. "He even used his headmaster voice in the end. I'm amazed he didn't say 'You are dismissed,'" I imitated David's deep voice.

We both started laughing.

"Did I mention you look amazing tonight?" Max said warmly as our laughter died down.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. "T-thank you," I murmured, looking down. "Um, actually, Alyssa forced me to wear this, I actually think I look like a disco ball but you know she's—"

"Hey," Max cut me off, chuckling. "I think you always look great, no matter what you're wearing."

I felt my blush intensify.

"We're here," Max finally announced as we came to a stop in front of a cute restaurant. "It's kind of small, but the food's great and it's a nice atmosphere," he admitted as he held the door open for me.

We stepped inside. The restaurant was lit aglow with a warm, red, light, and neat, black lacquer tables were scattered around.

Max grinned. "I hope you like Thai food," he said.

_______________________

Reagan Dorm for Boys, Room #245

"What are you doing?" Roger asked as he leaned over Cam's shoulder.

In one swift movement, Cam slammed a notebook shut and tucked it safely away in his backpack. "Homework, what else?" he snapped.

Roger made a disgusted face, shoving his hands into his jeans pockets. "It's Friday night, we just won a huge game, and you're sitting in your room, doing homework?"

"Do you have a problem with it?" Cam asked coolly. "Furthermore, why the hell are you in my room in the first place?"

Roger lifted an eyebrow. "Nah, man. Just wondering if you wanted to come hang with me and the guys downtown. Who knows, maybe go spy on Max and that chick," he suggested.

"That's alright," Cam continued in his cold tone. "I have patrol duty tonight, and I'm mature enough to not spy on my friends when they're out on dates."

Roger stopped by the doorframe. "Seriously, dude, you talk like an old man sometimes," he drawled.

"Get out, Roger," Cam instructed, lazily throwing a pen at him.

"Alright, alright. Have fun on patrol tonight!" Roger called as he left his room.

Cam's scowl faded as Roger disappeared. He sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair, taking out his dark blue notebook again.