They Always Told Me I was Gorgeous In a Way

Chapter 12

Leah’s POV

I sat on the couch anxiously. I kept fidgeting with my thumbs and I felt my heart pounding against my ribcages. I was worried that any minute Max would realize that Hannah was his child. I felt everyone else’s eyes glued on to me and I couldn’t help but feel that they didn’t buy into my lie. I heard the front door unlock itself and I felt relief. Allie was here to yet again save my ass.

“Hey Leah, I’m back!” She hollered, causing me to jump.

“I’m in the living room!” I holler back.

She entered the room cautiously. “Uh…hi.”

“Hey.” Was all the guys said.

“Allie, these used to be my old neighbors.” I said.

“Oh. Sorry for not introducing myself, I’m Allie.” She smiled. I thought I saw Bryan drool a little.

Allie walked over to me and sat right down. I knew that she was going to start bitching but I can’t be mad at her. She is saving me from my own hell. It seemed like the minutes were passing very slowly and I thought this night would drag on but it wasn’t only a couple of minutes before Ronnie was called. He and the guy had to go and start talking about their record. Once they all left the house I sighed heavily and pressed my back on the door.

“So…. that was awkward.” I stated. Allie nodded.

“Agreed. And you were right, they all are cute.” She giggled.

“Yeah. I think Bryan was checking you out.” I laughed at her; she started to blush.

“You think so?” She asked, I nodded my head vigorously.

“There’s no way. And besides I’m with Dave. I love Dave.” She said, but it sounded like she was trying to prove that to herself.

“ I understand, but you have to admit Bryan is a cutie.” I said.

“That’s true. Anyway I think I’m gunna hit the hay. Tell Hannah I said good night.” She waved off before walking off towards her room.

I brushed some of my hair out of my eye and looked around. Hannah’s little guitar was on the floor. It brought a smile to my face when I think of Max trying to teach Hannah how to play guitar, it had to be the cutest thing I’ve seen in a long time. I picked up her guitar and walked over to her door. She was sprawled on her bed drawing some doodles.

“Hey Hannah, it’s bed time.” I said.

“Ten more minutes!” She started to whine.

“No young lady. It’s time to go to bed.” I said. She pouted while I took off her shirt and replaced it with her pajama top.

“Mommy, who were those guys?” Se asked me.

“Those guys were very close friends of mine, why?” I questioned.

“ ‘Cause they are cool.” She giggled. II picked her up and tucked her in tightly.

“OK well it’s time for you to go to sleep ok?” I kissed her temple.

“Mommy?” She asked.

“What?” I asked her.

“Where’s daddy?” she asked me. This was the question I feared.

Not knowing what to tell her I said: “He’s closer than you think.”

“OK, night mommy.” She said before I closed the door.

When I finally shut the door I fell down until my butt came to contact with the cold floor. I technically didn’t lie. I told he was close and I didn’t have to tell her who he was. For a four year old she sure is smart. I just hope all of this can just disappear.

Next Morning

I woke up to the annoying ringing of my cell phone blasting in my ears. Remind to flush that shit down the toilet. I took my pillow and pressed it against my head to drown out the noise but it wasn’t helping so I gave up and answered my phone.

“What?” I snapped, not really giving a shit who it was.

“Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” He chuckled. I immediately sat up.
“Max?” I asked.

“Yeah, it’s me. I was thinking that maybe you and me could go out today, to catch up.” He offered.

“Uh yeah, what time?” I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

“Uh about twelve thirty-ish maybe?” He asked.

“Yeah that’s fine.” I agreed.

“OK see ya soon.” He hung up.

I looked up at my clock and I gasped at the time, it was 11:15. I quickly ran out of my bed and into my shower. This was going to be the quickest thing I have done in my life. I quickly stripped off my PJ’S and took the quickest shower in history. I had to make sure I didn’t look like crap.

Once I got out of the shower I ran back into my room and I got out my old Motley Crue Shirt and my ripped jeans. I quickly slipped them on and I ran my fingers through my hair so it would at least look straight. I quickly slipped on my vans and I grabbed my make up bag. I took out my eyeliner and colored the rim of my eyelids black. I got out my straightener and I started to straighten my hair. I double-checked that I didn’t look a mess when I heard the doorbell ring. I jumped and ran down the stairs. I opened the door and smiled when I saw Max.

He had on what you would expect a guy like him to have on. Tight Jeans and a baggy Tee shirt. His eyeliner neatly rimmed his grayish eyes making his eyes pop. His hair was the same mess as is was four years ago.

“Hey.” He smiled. I smiled back.

“Hi.” My heart fluttered.

“ So you ready to go?” He asked me. I nodded and allowed him to hold my hand.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked.

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out.” He smiled. That exactly what I said when I first met him.

20 minutes later

20 minutes passed and I still had no fucking clue where we were going. He wouldn’t tell me anything! I can’t stand not knowing; it eats me up inside. I looked outside the car window and it was different. I haven’t been around N.Y a lot, just to Times Square, which is, were I work.

“OK, we’re here!” He said unbuckling his seatbelt.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of his truck. I looked around to see tall skyscrapers and thousands of people walking the streets of New York. Max grabbed my hand and led me down an unfamiliar street.

He led me into a fancy restaurant and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing with my own two eyes. The restaurant was completely empty. The only thing I was able to see was a table in the far back set up. The lights were dim and everything looked liked it was planned a head of time.

“There is a reservation under Green.” Max said.

“Yes, right this way.” The servant led us to the back table.

“Do you like it?” Max asked softly.

“I absolutely love it.” I murmur.

“I thought you would.” He smiled.

1 hour later

Me and Max have been catching up on the personal things going on in our lives. I told him how I landed a job working on SURS and he told me how he and the guys started up the band. It was honestly fun getting to be with him a lone although I still had Hannah in the back of my mind. Every time I look at him I see my little baby. If only I had enough courage to tell him about Hannah, but I feel that’s not going to happen anytime soon.

By now Max has driven us from the restaurant and we were parked outside of my house. I was taking off my seatbelt when I heard Max clear his throat. I turned to him and he had a smile plastered on his face.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing. It was nice to see you again.” He responded. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.

“OK, well see you.” I said stepping out the car.

I ran over to my door and I got my keys out. Once I unlocked the door and walked in and slammed the door. I looked around and I knew it was too quiet for Allie and Hannah to still be in the house so I knew I was all alone in my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I wanna hear what you think about my story and I want different people to comment. Thank you to "crys" for commenting like a mad woman; it's highly appreciated!