They Always Told Me I was Gorgeous In a Way

Chapter 6

Leah’s POV

I woke up to see the cute face of Max in front of me. I smiled at the thought of me and him going on a date today. I kiss his forehead lightly and try my best to get out of my bed without making him wake up or me falling right on my ass. Fortunately, gravity was working in my favor and I was able to get out of bed without waking him up. I quickly and quietly walked out of my room and tiptoed downstairs. I got to the final step when I heard the front door creak open. I stopped dead in my tracks and saw that my mother had a big ass smile plastered on her face.

“Hey honey, it’s so great to see you!” She squeaked.

“Hey mom.” I said in the most unrealistic voice imaginable.

“How have you been?” She asked while batting her eyelashes.

“I’ve been.. feeling better than usual.” I answered honestly for once.

“That’s great sweetheart. Oh, did you apologize to those boys?” She asked while setting her purse on the couch.

“Yeah, we’re cool.” I said.

“That’s good sweetheart.” She said while turning her attention to the staircase.

I looked up reluctantly to see Max at the top of the steps with a sleepy look on his face. He yawned and opened his eyes. He blinked for only a couple of seconds before realizing that my mom was shooting daggers looking straight at him.

“What are you doing here Max?” My mother asked while looking at him up and down.

“I…uh…” He scratched the back of his head and dropped his gaze.

“He’s here because… Ronnie and the guys went out to party, Max didn’t want to go so I let him stay for the night.” I lied straight through my teeth.

“Oh, Well I suppose that’s alright.” She said, seeming like she was convinced She walked into the kitchen while still keeping her gaze on Max.

I ran back up the stairs while trying desperately trying to stifle a giggling from escaping my mouth. Max had a look of relief once my mom left the room. I reached the top of the stairs and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“That was a close call.” He said while removing a piece of his black hair from his face.

“Yeah, a real close call. So, are we up for the date?” I asked.

“Yeah, what time should we meet and where?” He asked while giving me a kiss on the nose.

“Um…how about I go to your house and I’ll take you to the mall since you have no clue were anything is.” I giggled.

“What time?” He asked,

“Hmm…12:30?” I asked.

“Perfect.” He said while walking down the stairs.

“See you then lover boy.” I laughed.

“See you then princess!” He said while leaving the house with a goofy smile.

I laughed and looked at the clock. It read 10:23 AM. I had just enough time to take a shower and get dressed. I walked down the hallway to the bathroom and turned on the water. I stripped down and got in. I washed my body (with soap) and quickly got out and tied the towel around my body. I walked back down the hallway to my room. I shut the door and looked around in my closet. I shuffled around until I found a black button up shirt with short sleeves and some black skinny jeans. I quickly dried myself off with the towel, put on some underwear and put on my clothes. I walked over to my dresser and found my makeup bag; I stood in front of the mirror and carefully applied my black eye shadow and eyeliner. I glanced at the clock and it read 11:03 AM. I went downstairs and put on my black chucks. I got my house keys and yelled:

“Mom. I’m going out for awhile.”

“OK honey, just be careful.” She said.

“Will do.” I said shortly, while closing the door on my way out.

I walked the bone chilling streets of Jersey. I walked my way over to Max’s house and banged on the door loudly. I waited in the freezing cold until Monte opened the door.

“Hey Leah, what’s up?” Monte asked.

“Is Max ready?” I asked.

“For wha…Oh, I remember now, Yeah. Hold on for a moment.

“OK.”

“Max, get your bony ass out of your room, Leah is here.” He yelled.

“OK, OK. Gosh for a guy you sure know how to bitch like my mother.” Max laughed.

“Hey Leah.” Max said.

“Hey.” I responded.

“You ready to go?” He asked.

“Sure.” I said.

He smiled and closed the door behind him. We walked side by side until we reached his car. I got in the passenger seat and he got into the drivers seat. I got buckled in and smiled at him. He got buckled in as well and looked at me.

“OK, You’re going to have to point me in the right direction cause if not we’re going to get lost.” He laughed.

“It’s alright, Take a left.” I said as he pulled out of his driveway.

20 minuets later

We both arrived to the mall without getting lost. Max parked the car into the closest parking he could find and turned off the engine. We both climbed out of his car and proceeded to the entrance of the mall.

We both entered with our hands laced together. We got our usual weird glances but we really don’t give a shit about it. I couldn’t help but smile at the fact that I was going on a date with one of my neighbors. It’s weird to imagine but yet it’s true.

2 hours later

We’ve been at the mall for at least 2 hours and we’ve already bought a bunch of stuff. I bought three skinny jeans and two shirts from hot topic, while Max bought one pair of skinny jeans and an Iron Maiden Tee shirt. We’re walking down the center of the mall until we see that the beauty shop is empty.

“Max lets go in there.” I pointed out the beauty shop.

“Sure, why not.” He said while slipping one of his arms around my waist, causing me to smile.

We both walked into the empty salon, looking at everything in there. I think I might want to change my hair color; I’m bored of just having it Jet black. One of the ladies came up to me with a bright smile. She had dark red hair and sea green eyes. She looked to be around the age of twenty-two maybe twenty-three.

“How can I help you two?” She asked nicely.

“Yeah, I want to change my hair color and get some highlights.” I responded.

“OK. Come this way.” She said while letting me sit down on the chair.

“I’m going to listen to my Ipod over there.” Max said while giving me a peck on the lips.

1 hour and a half later

“There you go.” The lady said, letting me finally see my hair.

“Oh my god I love it!” I said while running my fingers through my hair gently.

“Holy crap Leah, you look hot!” Max said while standing up from his seat.

The nice woman removed the black cape from my neck and aloud me to stand up and brush off the excess hair that she cut off. Max came over and wrapped one around me. I smiled widely and he smiled back in return. We both paid the woman and walked out happily, this has got to be one of the best dates I’ve been on in my entire life.

We both arrived back at his house at about 5:38 PM. I can’t wait to show the guys my new look. We both got out of the car and walked towards the door. Max unlocked it with his keys and I walked into the house, he soon followed behind me. All of the guys were in the living room, watching SURS on fuse.

“Hey guys.” I wave at them.

“Hey Lea-woah.” Ronnie said while his jaw dropped all the way to the floor.

“I guess he likes it.” I say to Max.

“Dude, wipe the slobber, she’s mine!” Max says while playfully wrapping his arm around my waist defensively.

“Whatever dude.” Ronnie says while turning back to the TV.

Me and Max race up the stairs to reach to his room. We both were pushing each other up the stairs, trying to out run the other. Unfortunately I lost (I know, very sad) and he beat me up to his room. I soon followed behind him while shutting the door. I jumped on his bed and he soon sat down after me. He removed a piece of my hair off my face and smiled warmly.

He leaned over for a kiss and I didn’t stop him, I won’t go into finer detail, I’ll just let your imagination run wild…for now at least.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I only got one comment for the last chapter. ONE. come one people, give me some comments and I'll give you more chapters. It will get me off your asses, just do it please. The pic is of the oh so Famous Max and Leah in the last part of the Chapter