Status: This has been more or less abandoned, obviously.

July Flame

preface

July flame, fiery kind, will always lead me through the night...

Gently, I worried on my lower lip, teeth slowly digging into the sensitive flesh. I looked at my boyfriend timidly, butterflies in the pit of my stomach as our eyes met. His eyes had never looked so blue to me. We were in his bedroom, the only ones in his entire house. His parents were out of town for the weekend and he had banished all of his sisters to their friends' houses for the night. This evening had been planned for weeks, leaving me a mess of both nerves and excitement the entire time. It was finally time.

He was grinning at me, eyes sparkling as he leaned forward, pressing his forehead to mine. We were so close. The smell of him was engulfing me, warming me up while still sending a chill down my spine as I smiled shyly at him.

"You look so beautiful right now, Em," he whispered. I felt his breath on my face, sending goosebumps all over my body. My face flushed and I tried to divert my eyes, but he caught my chin lightly before moving his calloused fingertips to my dirty blonde hair, gently bringing me closer to him in order to press a chaste kiss on my lips. "I've been waiting for this moment all week."

He kissed me again and I grinned. The nerves seemed to melt away as he kissed me again, deepening it quickly. We leaned back on his bed, him straddling my hips as we continued the kiss. His teeth dragged across my bottom lip and my mouth fell open; my soft moan was lost in the kiss. We remained like this for a while, getting lost in each other's mouths, experimentally grinding against one another until it became all too much.

"I love you so much, baby. We're so ready for this."

I was seventeen and foolish. He was my first 'love', the first boy to ever really pay enough attention to me. I thought he meant every word he spoke, especially after that night. Looking back, remembering how he left two weeks later and never spoke to me again, I wonder why I had ever believe him in the first place.

July flame, I'm seeing fireworks, they're so beautiful, tell me why it hurts...
♠ ♠ ♠
Giving this another shot.