‹ Prequel: Story of a Girl

Walls

Forgiveness

Sydney yawned, rolling over. Her eyes opened slowly and she took in the Runner Runner house. Other bodies were on the ground, and Sydney saw the black haired girl cleaning up the mess from the night before. Sydney stretched and got up, and started to pick up with the girl.

“So did you have fun?” Sydney asked forty-five minutes later when she was in Evangeline and Zack’s house.

“Yeah...For the most part.” Sydney sat on the couch and V made breakfast, and smiled to herself. Maybe talking alone with her would help. She was hoping that V would talk to her. Let her know what was going on inside her head like she used to.

A few minutes later, Sydney had a plate with whole wheat toast, scrambled egg white substitute and some turkey bacon. “Wow, I don’t think I’ve had substitute egg whites or turkey bacon.”

She shrugged, “I don’t eat pork anymore, and I bought the egg whites on a whim.”

With a cup of coffee in front of both of them, Sydney swallowed the bite of turkey bacon and then sighed. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have left like I did. But you’ve got to understand...I only left because I was scared.”

V was quiet for a second, “Because you knew that you loved Alex.”

Sydney nodded, “Yeah. And I was afraid that he may not have loved me back.”

“Even though all of us told you that he did?”

“Yeah.”

“I knew that you two would eventually have sex.” V said sipping from her coffee cup. “And I figured that it would happen in Vegas.”

“Really?” Sydney asked her eyebrows raised. V scoffed and rolled her eyes. Sydney’s cheeks flushed, “How did you know?”

“Well he was being overly affectionate with you.” The black haired girl was holding the large cup of coffee to her lips and took a sip after the statement. Sydney took a few seconds to respond.

“But-”

“Sydney, he wasn’t always that affectionate. Come on. You expect me to fall for that crap?”

Sydney shook her head, a slight smirk on her face. “I’ve missed that.” Evangeline giggled and shrugged.

“I’m easily missed.” Sydney laughed and then the Runner Runner guys walked in.

“Oh so we don’t get breakfast?” Nick said, crossing his arms. “We let you crash our party, and-”

“There’s some on the counter and some coffee in the pot.” They all went into the kitchen and Sydney raised an eyebrow.

“How often do you feed them?” the guys walked back in, each with a plate of bacon, eggs and glasses of OJ.

“Like at least once a day.” Ryan said, swallowing a bite of egg. “Although not as much when Zack’s home. We leave them in peace.” Evangeline rolled her eyes.

“First of all, no you don’t. I basically have to drag Zack away from your house or Jordan’s house, because you guys like to take him away from me. And second of all, if I didn’t feed you, you’d either starve or have to fend for yourselves. And I’m not sure how either one would have a good turnout.”

“Hey! We feed ourselves on the road.” Peter said, rolling his eyes.

“That’s what worries me.” Sydney laughed and shook her head

“And what the fuck is up with these eggs and bacon? Did you make us eat tofu again?” Jon asked, shooting Evangeline a look. She shook her head, “No. It’s imitation egg whites and turkey bacon.”

Jon rolled his eyes and the rest of them shrugged, and continued eating. Sydney figured it was because they weren’t going to get anything else to eat. “What the hell? Were you this much of a health nut when you lived in Maryland?”

“That’s when I was able to actually able to act on it. There weren’t that many good places to get good organic stuff in Texas.”

A few hours later they went out to the beach, where Sydney called Samantha to inform her that she wasn’t dead.

“Where are you?”

“The beach.”

“Are you with that group of guys?”

“Yeah. And V.”

“Wait...I thought-”

“It’s kinda complicated.”

“You’re turning out to be a completely different person, Sydney. You have all of these secrets and this past that I knew nothing about.”

“Samantha, everyone has skeletons.”

“And I’m guessing that this one that I’ve recently found out about isn’t the darkest one, is it?”

Sydney bit her lip, “No.” the girl on the other line sighed,

“Is it really that bad of a thing?”

“Kinda. Anyway, I’ll let you go.”

“Yeah. I have a shoot later today. If I see that girl, do you want me to say anything?”

“She’s not working today.” the girl on the other end seemed to be in somewhat of a stunned silence.

“Okay. Well I’ll talk to you later then, Sydney.”

“Bye Sam.”

Sydney sat back on her elbows and sighed, her sunglasses resting on her face. V walked over and sat beside her, “I forgive you. Not entirely of what you did to Alex, but for me. I can’t give you forgiveness for that, because he needs to first.” She said after a while, “And I’m sorry I was such a bitch.”

“It’s okay. And thanks.”

“But now you have to deal with Jack.”

Sydney felt herself wince, “Yeah. And I’m somewhat afraid of that”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes yes yes, I'm an ass for not updating. But I've been very busy. I would love to know what you all thought about this chapter. I'm going to try and get a lot better about updating. Please bear with me. :]

Comments?