‹ Prequel: Story of a Girl

Walls

IHOP talks

Alex smiled as he walked out to sign autographs. The kids had basically surrounded the bus, and each guy had a security guard by them so that no one would get injured.

“Alex, do you have a girlfriend?”

“Not at the moment.” He said smiling for the picture.

“What about the other guys?” another girl asked.

“Ask them.” He replied a semi-forced smile on his face.

“Alex, I heard a rumor that you know the model Sydney Maxwell?”

Alex smirked some, “Yeah, I do.”

“How long have you known her?” the girl persisted. Alex smirked, “Longer than most people who claim to know her. We lived in the same town.”

A few hours went by and a few more questions asked about Sydney; Alex answering them while at the same time not answering them. When all were back on the bus, Alex saw his three band mates on the phones with their girls. Alex shook his head, and laid down in his bunk.

He wasn’t sure why he was so bothered by being alone this time. He figured it had to do with Sydney. Because it seemed everything seemed to come back to her. He shook his head, and sighed. “Why can’t I get over you?” he muttered.

About an hour later, the party had started, and Alex could forget about the now blonde girl that he never could seem to get out of his mind or heart.

They were in a club, and Alex was dancing the night away with his band and crew. A girl tapped him on his shoulder, “Will you dance with me?” she asked sweetly, so sweet that Alex felt his teeth hurt.

“No.” he said, making his words slur, “I don’t wanna dance with anyone but myself.”

She frowned but walked away and when Alex turned around, the three faces of his band members were in front of him. “Wanna dance with us?” Jack asked, giggling some.

Alex grinned and nodded and then the group all drank and danced the night away. When they finally made their way to the bus, each guy texted his girlfriend and then laid in their bunk. And as Alex drifted off to sleep, he thought of what was going to happen when he next saw Sydney.

He was awoken by a ringing and he groaned but answered the phone, not looking at the name that had come up.

“Hello?”

“...Hey.”

_______________________________________________________________________

Sydney was laying in her bed at her dad’s and thought of the chocolate eyed man who was on a bus somewhere. She hadn’t asked where they were going, she didn’t want to know. And Sydney had to admit that she preferred it this way. She didn’t want to think that he may have been with a different girl.

Sydney wasn’t sure as to why she suddenly cared about who he slept with. She had never cared before, although she had to admit, that she never actively thought of him sleeping with another girl.

She sat up frustrated, and picked up her cell. She pressed a few buttons and then held the device to her ear.

“Hello?” the voice on the other end questioned.

“Hey. Uhm, do you wanna go for a walk or something? I can come get you.”

“Uh sure. Give me a few.”

“Okay. I’ll be there shortly.”

“Mmkay.”

Sydney pulled on some clothes and then went outside and got into her car. When she pulled up at Amanda and Jack’s house, the black haired girl was sitting at the curb. Sydney unlocked the doors and the girl got into the car.

“Is IHOP okay?” Sydney asked and the girl nodded, “Yeah, that’s fine.”

When they went inside and ordered their drinks Sydney sighed, “Look, I know that I owe you for coming with me tonight. I mean, you were probably trying to sleep-”

“No.” she said waving her hand, “I was still awake. I had actually just gotten off the phone with my brother.”

“Oh...”Sydney said and then nodded, “So he’s good?”

“Yeah.” She said softly, “He says he misses it over here, and that he wants to come home. But I think that he must enjoy it a bit, you know?”

“I’m sure he does.” Sydney said softly.

Their waitress dropped off their drinks and the two girls ordered their food. “Anyway, what’s on your mind, Sydders?”

Sydney half smiled at the nickname. “I don’t know.” She said finally, “I mean, I can’t stop thinking about Alex now.”

The black haired girl smirked and Sydney sighed again, “It’s because you love him. And you don’t want to think about him having sex with any other girls.”

“I don’t want to think about him having sex with anybody. I never have thought about it.” Sydney said honestly.

“That’s because you hadn’t had sex with him yet.”

“I don’t know.” Sydney said, “I want to keep this no contact thing that we agreed on while he’s on tour but-”

“Wait...you agreed on ‘no contact’ while he was on tour?”

Sydney winced and shrugged, “Not really. I mean, it was kinda unspoken...”

“Are you the only one who thinks that, or does Alex too?”

“How would I know? If I think it, then I sure as hell am not going to call him.”

The girl nodded, and then the waitress set their food down, “Can I get you girls anything else?”

“A refill on my hot cocoa, no whipped cream please.” The black haired girl replied and the woman nodded and then walked away.

“Good point.” She continued, “Well I could ask Zack when he calls me at around three.”

“Why is he going to call you at three?” Sydney asked, her eyes widening.

The girl shrugged, “He always wants to tell me goodnight after they get done partying.”

“You two seem so close, it’s unreal. I mean... I remember when you first met, and now...” Sydney shook her head and Evangeline laughed.

“I know, it’s crazy right. If you would’ve told me when I first met him that we would be where we are today I would’ve laughed in your face.”

“Same goes if you had told me I would’ve fallen for Alex Gaskarth.”

“And have him fall for you as well?” the girl questioned, taking a sip of the fresh cup of cocoa that the waitress had brought.

“Yeah.” Sydney said softly and bit her lip, “Do you think I should call him?”

“Honestly?” the girl asked and when Sydney nodded she nodded back, “Yeah. I do. I mean, wouldn’t things be awkward if you didn’t speak until they get home?”

“Yeah, but you and everyone else would be there to help be buffers...”

The girl shook her head, “I can’t be there for that. Zack and I are going on an impromptu vacation to Hawaii.”

“How is it impromptu if you already know about it?”

The girl smirked, “It’s impromptu for Zack.”

“Ohhhh.” The girl giggled and shrugged; Sydney laughing with her, “I bet he’ll like that.”

“I hope so.”

Sydney rolled her eyes, “He would be anywhere with you. You could-”

“I know.” She said, “And at one point in his life, Alex would’ve done the same for you.”

Sydney was quiet and nodded, “I know. But I just don’t know what I could do to fix things with him. I mean... I did have sex with him in Vegas then left. Without a trace or sign of anything.” She sighed, “Besides a stupid letter.” Sydney paused, “Although he did use said letter in a song.”

“I bet you can’t wait for him to get home so you two can discuss it.” The girl said quietly, taking a bite of the wheat toast that was placed in front of her.

“I guess. I don’t know. Talking to Alex makes me nervous.”

The girl chuckled as she sipped her cocoa, “Feels like you’re seventeen again doesn’t it?”

Sydney laughed and nodded, “Yeah. Is that how it is for you?”

Evangeline laughed, her cheeks turning pink; “Kinda. The first night when Zack is home is strange. It feels weird to have him in the bed with me again.”

Sydney laughed and nodded. “Okay. I’ll call him.”

Evangeline smiled, “Great. I’m sure he’d like that a lot.”

When Sydney got home, she decided to not call Alex until around three. She figured that if Zack was done drinking and partying, then Alex would’ve been too.

When she pressed the send button, her hands shaking; she wasn’t sure exactly what she was going to say.

“Hello?” a groggy voice on the other end said.

“…Hey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Again I'm so sorry it's taken so long. This summer has been a long and draining one, and I honestly haven't had time to write.

&& I can understand if a good portion of you have lost interest. I wouldn't blame you in the least.