‹ Prequel: Story of a Girl

Walls

Awkwardly Into Place

Alex felt his eyes snap open. He sat up, and rolled out, walking into the front of the bus, since Zack was talking to V in the back of the bus.

“Hey Sydney. How are you?” he asked, trying to hide the shaking in his voice.

“Uhm, okay, I guess. I just got home from having some late night cocoa with V.”

He smiled, “I really am glad that you two are friends again. She hasn’t been the same without you.”

She laughed a little on the other end, and Alex felt his heart flutter, “Anyway, how’s life back in MD?”

“Same old, same old, I guess. I think that V and I are flying back home soon though. She has to go back to work, and I do have a few shoots to do myself.”

“Well, that’s good. I know your dad will be bummed though.”

“Yeah, I know. He wants me to live at him with him again, but I don’t know if I could. At least, not in that house.”

Alex nodded, and bit his lip not really knowing what to say back.

“Look, sorry for calling and not really having anything to say. It’s just…” she paused and sighed, “I didn’t want to come to you after tour without us talking at all during. I think that it would be awkward and I just…” she sighed again, “Anyway, go to sleep. You need to have a strong voice for the show tomorrow.”

Alex nodded, “Yeah.” he was quiet and then said, “It was good hearing from you Syd. I mean, even if we have nothing to really talk about over the phone, it was still good to hear from you.”

He could tell that she was hesitant to reply and then she finally said, “Thank-you. Uhm, call me if you want to talk. Uhm, about anything, you know.” he could tell by her voice that she was nervous.

“Okay. Good night, Syd.”

“Good night, Galaxy.”

Alex clicked the red circle on his iPhone and sighed, running his hand through his hair. He could tell that his feelings for Sydney hadn’t disappeared in the least and that it seemed like she was afraid to talk to him. That she was so scared of pushing him too far away that she wasn’t sure of how to act. Because before, they could talk about anything and it wouldn’t matter. But now, she seemed as if she were walking on eggshells. He wasn’t sure of what to do from there. He sighed again and then walked back to his bed and closed his eyes, his dreams being of that green eyed girl.

When he woke up, he texted Sydney,
It was really good to hear from you. I hope that your day goes well.

Alex pressed send before he could back out of it and walked to the front back area where the other guys were playing on the xbox. He sat down on the couch and just looked at his phone. It buzzed and he saw the banner on the screen say Thanks Galaxy. I have a shoot today. They just said that we are going to Vegas in a few days. They wanted to do a shoot in front of one of the casino’s.

Alex felt his heart skip, he knew that they would be in Vegas in a few days as well. He looked up and bit his lip. He didn’t know what to think. He didn’t know what would happen if they were in Vegas at the same time and he saw her. His mind raced back to when they were last in Vegas.

“Dude, why can’t my girlfriend get to go places like yours?” he heard Jack say, which snapped his mind back into the present.

“What can I say? They want her to style the whole shoot, not just the make-up. It’s a big opportunity for her.” Zack had his phone in his hand and had a smile on his face. Alex felt the rock in his stomach drop. He would see her. Because Evangeline would be there and so would Sydney. And since they were friends, he knew that Sydney would come with Evangeline to see Zack.

“Yeah, but she’ll be in Vegas the same time we will.” Jack whined
Zack shrugged, “I can’t control what her work schedule is. And anyway, you should be paying attention, because Rian is beating your ass at CoD right now.”

Jack looked at the screen and huffed, “Dude, not cool, you knew that I was having a…a…a crisis!”

Rian just laughed and shook his head, “You freaking out about V coming to Vegas is not a good reason. She’s not your girlfriend.”

Alex laguhed and thought about what he would text Sydney back, now knowing that they would be in Vegas at the same time.

Zack just said that you guys will be in Vegas at the same time as us. Maybe we could meet up for lunch.

He thought he sounded like a girl but he shook his head and pressed send. He quietly waited for her reply and when his phone buzzed he looked at the screen, Yeah. Sounds really good. He smiled and thought about texting back when he got another, It would be really good to see you again.

His stomach then filled with butterflies. He couldn't help it. He still loved her, and the fact that they were on good terms and now she was saying that when they got to see each other again, she’d be waiting. She had never been waiting on him before. He was always the one waiting for her.

Zack sat down next to Alex and then showed him his phone, and Alex read the text, which was from V She’s nervous but excited. she won’t tell me why, but I know it’s because when we go to Vegas she’s going to see Alex. She loves him, you know.

Alex felt his heart leap, because now he did have confirmation that she loved him. And he loved her. But he didn’t know what to do about the past. He forgave her, yes. But if she ran away back then, what would stop her from running again? And if she ran, he didn’t know if he could handle it.

“Alex, man, relax. Don’t overthink everything. I’ll make sure to talk to Evie about it. And I know that this doesn’t make any sense, but I know that she wouldn’t run again.”

“How do you know that?” Alex asked softly, “She is just so unpredicitable.”

“How do I know? I know because she loves you.” Zack said matter-of-factly.

Alex smiled and then the bus stopped. They had an in-store before the show that evening, and they had just arrived at the mall.

The four came in with their instruments, although Rian’s was just an easter egg with rice in it. They walked into the wet seal, and were given their stools. Alex just sat on his stool, his parts being played by Zack, while the other three were set up around him. The store was soon filled with bodies wanting to see the foursome play. Alex smiled at the crowed and they sang the setlist, the whole time knowing that in a week he’d see Sydney.

After they finished, and brought their instruments back to the bus, they decided that they would walk around the mall some. Jack and Flyzik ran into the Disney store, Alex following them to make sure that they behaved. Alex smiled as he watched Flyzik pick out a Mickey he didn’t have and Jack stood in front of a display of Eeyore’s and had crossed his arms. Alex walked over and Jack huffed as he walked up.

“I don’t know if she has one of these or not! I don’t want to get her one that she already has!” Alex laughed and shrugged, “You live with the woman, you would think you’d know.”

Jack shook his head, “Nope, they all look the same to me. But not to her, she can tell the difference.”

Alex laughed and shrugged, “I don’t know what to tell you, bro. Just pick one if you’re going to pick one. We need to get going to soundcheck.”

Alex walked out and passed a group of girls. They stopped him and wanted to take pictures so he complied and then went on his way. He felt his phone vibrate and he looked down at the text, Good luck tonight. Have fun!

He smiled and texted back, Thanks! :)

Alex sighed and smiled, shaking his head. He knew that nothing would be the same with Sydney anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello!! How are you guys? I know it's been three years, but I went to the casino in Louisiana last night and got inspired, sorta. So I hope you enjoy and I am actually writing the next one right now. Hope you all enjoy this update. :D