‹ Prequel: Story of a Girl

Walls

Confessions

Sydney awoke the next morning, and groaned while rolling out of bed. Samantha and Parker were sitting on the couch and shot her looks, asking about yesterday. Sydney sighed, and poured herself a cup of orange juice.

“Fine, since you won’t ask, I will.” Samantha finally said.

Sydney sat on the overstuffed chair, the cup of orange juice in her palm. “Ask me what?”

“What was up with yesterday?” Parker asked ahead of his sister.

Sydney sighed, “They’re just from my past.”

“Yeah, but that one girl and that one guy seemed to really...not like you.” Samantha continued.

Sydney bit her lip, and then sighed, “I know. I did some things a few years ago that Karma has decided to bring back to me.”

“What did you do, Sydney?”

Sydney shook her head, “I don’t want to talk about it.” They looked at her and then sighed.

“Okay. Well next time you need to have a private conversation, leave us at the shoot. I’m sure we could’ve gotten home by ourselves.” Parker snapped and walked out the door, slamming it behind him.

Both girls sighed, “He likes you, Sydney.” Sydney raised an eyebrow and Samantha sighed. “Why else do you think he lives here?”

“Because he wanted to stay with you.” Sydney said, “Or so I thought.”

Samantha shook her head, “No. He really likes you.”

“So is that why he’s so adamantly against me going out on dates or semi-raunchy-ish photo shoots?"

Samantha nodded, “Yeah. But I think that he senses that he can’t ever be the guy you want.” When Sydney raised her eyebrow, Samantha sighed. “Sydney, we both can tell that there is a guy that you want. We don’t know who he is, but you sometimes get this faraway look in your eyes, and this little smile. And it’s the face of a girl in love.”

Sydney sighed, “Yeah, well me and said guy are never going to happen. I fucked that up a long time ago.”

Samantha was quiet for a second, “Does it have any connection with that make-up artist chick, her boyfriend, and that other couple?”

Sydney nodded, “Yeah.” she said, then paused, “Well kinda.” She then sighed and shook her head, “It’s complicated.”

“Okay. Well I guess whenever you’re willing to share, you’ll let me know.” There was a slight hurt in the girls voice.

Sydney nodded and the two went into their separate bedrooms.

&
&


Alex was happy to be on the road again. They were on their way to the next venue, and he was laying in his bunk.

“I swear to god it was her.” Jack was telling Rian. “She has dirty blonde hair and she’s tan, but it’s her. Zack, Amanda and V all can back me up on it.”

“Well, are you going to tell Alex about it?” Rian asked.

“Hell fucking no.” Jack said almost cutting Rian off.

Rian sighed, “He’s going to find out, sooner or later. It’s just a matter of time.”

“I know how to settle this.” Zack said and walked to Alex’s bunk. He pulled back the curtain, and got down to his level. “Call Evie. Tell her you need to know who we had lunch with yesterday.”

“Don’t do it Alex. Trust me.” Jack said, “You won’t like the answer.”

“I’m with Rian on this, bro.” Zack said facing Jack, “Although I’m sure Evie will agree with you, Jack, but if Alex asks she’ll tell him.”

Just to shut up his friends he called the girl.

“Hello?”

“Hey V. Look, I need to know who you had lunch with yesterday. Rian and Jack are arguing about it.” Alex didn’t like the silence on the other end.

“Do you really want to know?” she asked quietly. Alex knew that it must be serious if she was using that tone of voice.

“Yeah.” He said finally, “I do.”

There was silence and then she sighed, “It was Sydney, Alex. We had lunch with Sydney.” Alex was stunned.

“R-really?”

V sighed, “Yeah.”

“Does...” he trailed off, but he knew that she knew what he was asking. She was good at reading people; even over the phone.

“Yeah. She lives here in LA.”

“How long have you known?” he asked quietly.

“Just this week. I found out right before that photo shoot you guys did. She was in the shoot before you. She...she’s a model now.”

“Why didn’t you tell me then?”

“Because Alex, you have this tour to focus on. I didn’t want to mess you up.”

Alex knew that her intentions were pure. But he still couldn’t stop the shock that was coursing its way through his veins. “Were you ever planning on telling me?”

The silence that followed seemed a lifetime, “I don’t know.”

Alex sighed, “Well at least you’re honest. Anyway, thanks for telling me. At least you would. I can’t say the same for Jack.”

“Alex, I didn’t keep this from you because I wanted-”

“I know. You care. And thank you for that. At least I didn’t run into her while we were here.”

“So you’re not mad?” she said it quietly, like she was afraid of the answer.

“No, I’m not mad. A little shocked that she came here, but nothing with you.”

“Okay. Well tell Zack I love him, and that I’ll talk to him later.”

“Will do.”

Alex sighed and dropped his phone. He rolled out of his bunk, and saw Jack sitting on the couch a sour look on his face. “I was trying to protect you.” He finally muttered.

“What the fuck Jack?!” Alex said heatedly, “Did you expect me to run back to LA and look for her or some shit?” Jack remained quiet. Alex sighed and plopped down next to his friend, “Sorry.” He said finally. “I’m not mad at you. It’s just... I haven’t really heard anything from or about her in a while. And the little tidbits that Marla and Jesse slip don’t say much. Just that she visits sometimes.”

The foursome remained quiet, and then the crew walked to the lounge they were in. Seeing the expressions of the four boys, they turned right back around and went into the back lounge.

“What a fucking week.” Jack muttered.

“I couldn’t agree more.” Alex said back, closing his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know that I said I might've updated Wednesday if I had gotten enough comments. But some stuff happened so I couldn't

Anyway, hope you enjoyed. :]

Comment?