I'm the Angel on His Shoulder

Time Is On My Side

“Wanna go zombie hunting?” Sam asked us as he pulled out his laptop which had a page full of information about a victim. “Victim was found with bloody fingerprints of a man who had been dead for 30 years all over him. Sounds interesting.” Of course, Dean wanted to investigate the zombie, so we headed to the morgue, posing as fake authorities to examine the body. The coroner showed us how the liver had been cut out perfectly with surgical cuts, and not teeth marks, for example.

We found another man who had his kidney removed by possibly the same person/creature, but this one was still alive. There was obviously something out there that was stealing human organs, and Sam shortly had a theory which proved right from their father’s books. It was Doc Benton, an old surgeon who had found a way to live forever and who stole other people’s organs to replace his ones when they got old. He sewed up his victims with silk and put maggots on their wounds to help clean them, which were old surgeon techniques.

At our hotel, Bobby called to say that he had heard from another hunter as to where Bella might be. Dean instantly wanted to go after her to try to get the colt back, but Sam wanted to stay behind and look into the Doc Benton case. They started arguing again, this time with Dean being convinced that the colt would help them when they face his fate in less than 3 weeks, while Sam was thinking that Doc Benton would be able to give them the recipe for immortality so they could live forever. Dean was not happy with that.

“I’m going after Bella. You stay here and kill that thing so it stops stealing organs,” Dean said sternly to Sam who didn’t argue. “Jen, can you come with me? I want to spend some quality time with you.” His tone changed when he addressed me, thankfully, so I nodded in agreement. He took my hand in his before walking out of the hotel and getting in his car with me. Dean drove us to the hunter’s place and suggested I waited in the car. He took a bottle of alcohol with him, which ended up letting him inside the security obsessed man’s house. He returned after about 20 minutes with information on Bella and the colt.

We then drove to Bella’s hideout and surprised her in her room. She said she had sold the colt, but Dean didn’t believe her one bit. He searched around the room while I waited by the door with her so she couldn’t escape. She just glared at me, knowing that I was powerful, I was an angel, and also that I had Dean. Not her. Which made me feel kind of good about myself... Dean came back empty handed, but revealed to her that he knew all about her past; how she killed her parents 10 years ago so she inherited all of their fortune. I saw Dean glancing up at something above the door, so I looked up too. There was a talisman there, which was used to ward off demons. I realised at probably the same time as Dean that 10 years ago Bella had made a deal, and now her time was up. We got out of there and headed back to Sam in case he was in trouble, Dean letting me call him while he drove.

“Hey, the colt is gone. How are you doing?” I asked once Sam picked up.

“Turns out the immortality thing is not black magic, just weird science. I think I’ve got the formula. Maybe we coul-” Sam got cut off and I heard his phone be dropped.

“Sam? Sam!” I shouted into the cell phone, then I hung up. “Sam’s in trouble.” After those 3 short words, Dean planted his foot on the gas and we sped up dramatically to find and rescue Sam. We found Benton’s hideout and Dean threw me a loaded gun, then took one himself before we ran inside to rescue Sam. We busted in and went downstairs and found Sam about to be cut into. We both fired simultaneously and hit Benton with perfect accuracy. That distracted him as I ran to untie Sam while Dean went to stab Benton with a chloroform coated knife, which knocked the Doc out. We ended up dumping him in the ground in an old fridge that he couldn’t get out of. No matter how many times he offered us the immortality formula, Dean wouldn’t listen. He didn’t want to be a monster, he said, and I was glad. I guess he had some faith in us after all.

Later, we knew Bella had snuck into our motel to kill Sam. Dean called the phone there and of course Bella answered. He had timed it perfectly and wanted to return the favour, as she had led us to an empty hotel room too. He explained to her how he figured out from the talisman above the door that she had demons and hell hounds coming after her. In response to us figuring out her destiny, she exchanged some information with us. Lilith is the one who holds the deals. She said that she hoped we killed the bitch. And with those last words, she hung up. We looked at the clock and noticed it was one minute to midnight. She’d be gone soon. Dean shivered, knowing that soon he would be in her position. As he looked at me with sorrow in his eyes, I tried to look back reassuringly. He would be okay. He had to be. My feelings for him were too strong to watch him die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please?