‹ Prequel: Accidents Can Happen
Status: Updated on random occasions

Life After Death

And At The Same Time We're At The Beginning

I normally wouldn't stare but the man who walked through the glass door was too beautiful not to. His blonde hair was wet from the rain so it stood up at odd angles when he ran his hand through it. His hair reminded me of the way the sunset reflects the ocean; the colored changed depending on where you were looking from. It looked like a brownish blonde when he was by the glass door but as he moved towards the chip section it became more of a yellow blonde. He was taller than me, which really wasn't that hard to believe. Everyone was taller than me it seemed. His tan was natural and he looked athletic. Not linemen, football athletic but soccer or surfer athletic.

I wasn't sure how long I had been staring before I realized I was. I quickly turned my attention back to the candy but my mind was still on the handsome man. I grabbed a large of peanut M&Ms before heading to the register. Only I hit something before I'd gone three feet. I'm starting to think I have a problem with running into people. In the split second that I was ignorant of the person I had knocked into I prayed it wasn't him but I'm never that lucky. “Sorry.” I said as looked up at his eyes. His brown eyes. His brown eyes that held a bit of blue. His brown eyes that still held my attention even though the smile that he flashed was equally as entrancing.

“That's okay.” He said with the smile still stretched across his face. He then looked down at the food I was holding. “So, a very big bag of candy and a two liter of Diet Coke. Someone's having a party. What's the occasion?” He said with a laugh.

“Um, there's no occasion really. My roommate and I just decided to have a girls night in.” The words practically killed me as I said them; they sounded a little bit stupid in my head and even more as they came of my mouth.

“Sounds fun. I'm Alex Summers by the way.” Mr. Alex Summers held out his hand. His hand swallowed mine as I shook it. His skin was soft and warm even though it was still wet from the rain outside.
“Lorna Austin. Nice to meet you, Alex.” The conversation then turned to light things. I had never had an in depth conversation on the differences between Snickers and Mars Bars. We must have been standing there talking for fifteen minutes when the bell above the door echoed through the store. A single word interrupted our pleasant conversation.

“Dude!” We both turned in the direction of the voice which belonged to a man wearing similar clothes to Alex, a tee shirt and cargo shorts, but instead of Alex's unique blonde hair his was an ordinary brown color. He was shorter than Alex, but still taller than me, and he had a very frustrated look on his face. “Sorry man. I got distracted.” Alex said, laughing quietly to himself. His friend cursed under his breath before going back outside.

“What the hell took you so long? Did you get lost?” Brittney questioned as I walked through the door twenty minutes later. I didn't answer when I sat down in the purple beanbag that was a twin of Brittney's which were placed in the middle of floor in front of a large television. “Why are you smiling?” She asked giving me an odd look.
“I'm not allowed to smile, now?” I bounced back; though now I did try to stop smiling but it didn't appear to be working. So, to stop smiling I kept talking. “What movie are we watching first?” I tried to avoid eye contact when Brittney, who was still trying to decipher an answer from my face.

“Psycho. What's his name?” She finally turned back to the television and pressed the 'play' button on the remote.

“Alex Summers.” The name just came out. It was like a reflex or a nervous tick. Brittney laughed softly. “What?” I asked. I was a little afraid she was going to start making jokes at my expense.

“Nothing. It's just....I haven't seen you smile like than since Chloe Stern tripped over her own feet at our graduation. You like him?” She pulled open the bag of candy too much, causing a few to roll onto the floor.

“Yep.”

I adjust myself in beanbag and threw my legs out in front me to get comfortable. “Did you get his number?”

“Yep.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?