Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

"I'd call no sex in over a month pitiful."

Jo smirked. "Nope. We were talking about mine."

"I'm sure it's not pitiful…"

"I'd call no sex in over a month pitiful." Jo clamped her hand over her mouth. "I can't believe I just said that. I'm so sorry."

"What are you apologizing for? I'm not the one who isn't getting any," Frank teased lightly.

Jo felt a sudden wave of jealousy wondering just who Frank was 'getting some' from, but then pushed it away, reminding herself she was a married woman. "It's just that Pete travels a lot, and when he gets home, he's so tired."

"If you were my wife, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off you after being gone an hour, never mind several days." Frank didn't realize he'd spoken aloud until he saw Jo's expression of total shock. "Figuratively speaking, of course," he added lamely.

"Yeah." Jo stood. "I should really get inside. Pete'll go to sleep soon, and I hate to go to bed angry."

"Jo, if I made you uncomfortable…"

"No, it's not that at all." She smiled at him. "I really appreciate you talking to me, Frankie."

Frank stood as well. "If you ever need anyone to listen, you know where I live."

Jo nodded. "Thank you."

Frank started to walk away, but stopped, reaching up to cup the side of Jo's face in his hand. "Pete's a damn lucky bloke to have a wife as beautiful and loving as you. If he can't see that, then he's the one with the problem-not you."

Jo felt herself blushing the way that Frank always seemed to make her do. "Th…thank you."

As if compelled by some sort of force outside of himself, Frank leaned down, kissing the top of Jo's head. "Good night, Jo."

Jo reached out and grasped the railing of the porch, not trusting her ability to remain standing. "Good night."

Frank gave her his most charming smile before walking back over to his own house.

Jo sat back down, waiting for a while until she regained her composure enough to go back in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know
Soooo short and kinda rubbish.. But was it a nice end to their conversation? I thought it was..

Anyway. You likeee?