Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Frankiekins

"So how did your writer's block start anyway?" Jo asked once they had gotten to the restaurant and placed their orders.

"I don't know, really," Frank replied with a shrug. "It's like I sit down to write, and nothing comes."

"Like you don't have any inspiration?" Jo suggested.

"Exactly," Frank replied. "I know I should write, and I know I would like the money, but that's not enough of a reason for the creative part of my brain, I guess."

"Frank! Frankiekins, is that you!"

Frank turned pale, looking down at the table. "Fuckin' hell."

Jo glanced up at the blonde coming towards their table. "Who is that?"

"My biggest mistake ever," Frank muttered.

The blonde came up to them, placing both of her hands firmly on the
table. "And just where have you been?" she demanded to know. "I've
been trying to call you for weeks!"

Frank gave her his most innocent expression. "I've been in New York meeting with publishers."

"Don't you lie to me!" the girl snapped. "And who's this…" The woman stopped. "Wait, don't I know you?"

Jo looked up, recognition flitting across her face. She frowned. "We went to high school together," she muttered.

"Right. You have a boys name don't you?"

"Jordan is a girls name too."

"Whatever. Frank, what are you doing with her?"

"We were just having lunch, Melody," Frank replied through gritted teeth. "Jo's my neighbor."

"Oh, so you're not skagging her, or whatever it is you say?"

"It's shagging. And no, I'm not."

"Then why haven't you called me?"

"I told you, I've been meeting with publishers," Frank lied again. "I was going to call you."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. But I need you to leave right now, okay Mel?"

Melody frowned, but stepped back from the table. "But you promise you'll call me?"

"I promise."

Melody threw her arms around Frank, giving him a big kiss. "I've missed you, Frankie Bear!" She pulled back. "Call me!"

"I will."

Melody gave Jo a snarky smile before sashaying away from the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like?