Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Mock Horror

Frank looked across the table to see Jo staring at him with her arms crossed in front of her and one eyebrow raised. "Frankiekins?"

"Yeah, I didn't really want that one getting out…"

Jo laughed, but in actuality she was fuming with jealousy and anger. "So you and Melody?"

"Dated her for a while," Frank said. "Huge error in judgment."

"Well, yeah," Jo replied.

Frank sighed. "It started right after my divorce was final. I was lonely. By the time I realized the mistake I'd made, I couldn't get rid of her. She's like a leech."

The look of absolute misery on Frank's face made most of Jo's negative feelings melt away. "Are you actually going to call her?"

"No. Although knowing her, she'll just call me incessantly until I finally break down and give in. I should get my number changed."

"If I were you, I'd just give it up and join the witness protection program."

Frank laughed. "I'll take it the two of you weren't the best of friends in high school."

"Um, no. I made the unforgivable mistake on choosing my friends based on actual compatibility and not whether or not they knew the latest fashions."

Frank looked at her in mock horror. "What's wrong with you, woman?"

Jo chuckled. "I know. How could I be so shallow?" She sobered. "But I don't regret it one bit. I may have not been Miss Popular in high school, but I made friends who I still love like family."

"So where are they now?" Frank asked, wondering if she had close friends, why she was so lonely all the time.

"Oh, they're around," Jo said. "They just have their own lives, y'know? I still see them a lot, it's just that…"

"They can't fill in for Pete?" Frank finished.

Jo nodded. "Exactly."

Frank looked into green eyes and wanted to tell her he'd be happy to fill in for Pete, but he kept his mouth shut, knowing that would be a good way to ruin the day. Luckily, before he did have to say anything else, the waitress brought their food to the table, letting Frank concentrate on something other than just how beautiful the woman he was dining with was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait again!
I'm back at school. But I have the day off today, because I had a hospital appointment. So I'm gonna try and update :]