Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Talk.

Frank sat back down, only this time on the couch with her instead of in the chair. "So you don't love Pete with that all-encompassing, make you weak in the knees kind of love?"

"I love my husband," Jo said defensively. "Pete and I have a nice, comfortable relationship. I wouldn't want it any other way."

Frank looked at her, and Jo shivered when she realized his eyes had grown darker. "But what about passion? Don't you miss that burning fire that makes you feel like you'll die if you don't have the other person right then and there?"

"Yeah…"Jo said, then blinked, realizing what she'd said. "I mean no! I can trust and depend on Pete. That's what I need in a relationship. And if you must know, our sex life is perfectly satisfying."

Frank almost pointed out that it couldn't possibly be satisfying if it was practically non-existent, but he decided it was better not to cross that line. "You don't have to get all defensive," Frank said, leaning back. "Just teasing you a bit."

Jo gave him a pout. "It's not nice to tease, you know."

Frank looked at her full lips and had to fight the urge to kiss her. Didn't he know it… He coughed. "Why don't we move to a nicer subject then?"

"Like what?"

"Like you."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. Tell me about yourself, Jordan Wentz."

Jo gave him a smile that Frank could only describe as coy. "How about I tell you about Jordan Cartwright? She's much more interesting."

Frank leaned back against the edge of the couch. "Then by all means, talk to me about her."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait!