Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

So soft.

Jo couldn't remember the last time she'd had this much fun. Somehow, she'd ended up on Frank's floor, eating Chinese food with him. They'd talked for hours, and Jo wondered if she'd ever spent this much time with Pete. She came to the conclusion that Jamia really must have been 'completely loony' as Frank put it to walk out on him.

Frank looked up at her, laying on his side with his head perched on his hand. "Thank you."

"For what?" Jo asked, confused.

"For today. I haven't felt this, well, alive[i/] in a long time."

"Me either," Jo replied, realizing as she said it that it was true. Jo looked up at the clock, frowning at the late hour. "I should be getting home. Pete usually calls when he gets in, and he's probably wondering where I am."

Frank sat up, mentally wincing at the mention of her husband. He'd almost been able to forget the wanker in the past few hours, but now he remembered with painful clarity that Jo was indeed a married woman. "Right. Wouldn't want him to get his knickers all in a twist."

Jo smirked. "You want me to help you clean this up?" She asked, gesturing to the various Chinese food cartons now littering Frank's floor.

"Nah. I can handle it just fine." Frank stood, then reached down, taking Jo's hand and helping her to her feet.

Jo stood, staring into his eyes. He was shorter than Pete, and Jo realized that that made it easier for her to really get a good look at him. He was so different from her husband, more compact with lighter coloring. While Pete was more of a ruggedly handsome kind of guy, Frank had more of a sensual beauty about him. She almost reached up to trace the sharp lines of his perfectly sculpted cheekbones when she realized she was still holding his hand. She pulled back from him suddenly.

Frank was startled at just how much the sudden lack of contact with her hurt. Her hand had been so small and soft in his, and he'd wanted nothing more than to bring it to his lips. "Come on. You should probably get back to your house," Frank said, wanting to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Yeah."

Frank walked her to the door, opening it for her. "Thanks again, Jo. You call me if it ever gets too lonely again for you in that big house all by yourself."

"I will. Good night…Frankie."

Frank smiled at her use of her preferred name for him. He reached out and pushed a strand of hair behind her ears, unable to keep himself from touching her any longer. "Good night, Jo."

Jo smiled at him, her blush returning once again. She hurried off the porch and back to her own house, with Frank watching her until she closed the door behind her.

Frank shut his own door, walking into his study. He looked at the computer for a moment, then a slow smile moved across his face. He sat down and began to type.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait.

Jo. I hope you like this one :D:D