Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

The Wait Is Over.

Jo hadn't meant to let that slip. Maybe she had had more to drink than she'd thought. "Oh, it's nothing. Just when she had me go help her with the pies she hinted that you and I are getting awfully close, and that I need to remember that good wives don't have affairs, or something like that." Jo laughed again. "But that's crazy because you and I so aren't having an affair."

"No," Frank said, more for his own benefit than for Jo's. "We're not."

"Nope, we've just been hanging out. In a completely friendly, non-affair having kind of way." She reached over Frank, and he found himself suddenly assaulted with the wonderful scent of her hair.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Liberating my drink," Jo said, grabbing the beer away from him.

"Evil," Frank muttered. "Distracting me like that."

Jo giggled again. "It was easy, too. Didn't even have to fight you for it."

"Lucky for you. I don't think you would've stood much of a chance against me."

"Bah. I'm tougher than I look, mister." Jo lightly punched his shoulder.

"Oh. Ow. I'm in pain."

"The sarcasm is not appreciated."

"Wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I was just trying to, um, boost your ego."

"Riiight. Liar."

Frank gave her a cocky look. "What can I say, you hit like a girl."

"I am a girl."

"I've noticed."

Suddenly, it grew silent between them, the husky tone Frank's voice took in that simple comment changing the mood between them from playful to something else.

"Frank…" Buffy looked up, meeting his eyes for just a second. "Frankie…"

Frank felt his heart clench in his chest as she said his name. She was so beautiful, and he couldn't help but wonder what it would feel like to kiss her. Would it really be so bad, just to give in a little? He moved closer, mesmerized by eyes.

Jo knew she shouldn't. But her mind kept cycling through fantasies about what it would be like just to kiss him. It had been so long since she and Pete had shared anything passionate, and she missed the rush she felt from a good kiss. She leaned in towards him.

Jo froze when she felt Frank's lips against hers. It was better than she'd expected, the light press of his mouth stirring more up inside of her than the fieriest kiss she'd ever shared with Pete. She reached up, tangling her fingers in his hair and pulling him closer.

The little voice in the back of Frank's head told him what he was doing was wrong, but he didn't care. Kissing Jo somehow made him feel lost and at home at the same time. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly against him.

Suddenly, Jo pulled herself away, her eyes wide. "I…I…oh god, Pete."

Frank's shoulders slumped. He mentally kicked himself for allowing himself to forget she was married. "Jo, I'm sorry. I didn't…"

"No, it's okay," Jo said softly, standing up. "I was kissing you, too." She looked at him for a second then turned away. "I have to go."

Frank wanted to beg her to stay. "I know." He watched as Jo ran away.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O

Oh, you know you've all been waiting for it!
Now. I don't condone Adultery.. But c'mon! This is Frank Iero!

I'm a Gee-lover myself.. But I wouldn't say no ;)