Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Going Out.

"Why don't we go out tonight?"

Jo looked at Pete in shock. "What?"

"I'm leaving for another week tomorrow. Let's spend the evening together before I have to go."

Jo wasn't sure what to say. Pete hadn't taken her out in ages. But since he'd come home this last time, he'd been the attentive husband she'd been asking for forever, making Jo wonder if this was somehow her karma for what she did with Frank. Being around Pete now only served to remind her of what she'd done, but he was still her husband. She should try to enjoy being around him. "Sounds great, honey."

Pete kissed her. "Great. How about you go put something nice on, and we can go out to eat?"

Jo smiled. "Give me…forty five minutes?"

Pete smiled back. "You got it, babe."

*** *** ***

Pete had taken Jo out for dinner and dancing, being more romantic than she remembered him ever being before. She'd started the night off feeling guilty, but now as they were driving home, she felt angry. Why was he just now doing this? Why hadn't be been treating her this well their entire marriage? Sure, he was all sweet and suave now, but well, maybe it was too little too late.

When they got into the house, Jo reached for the light switch, but Pete stopped her, taking her hand and lifting it to his lips. "I had a wonderful time with you tonight, Jordan. I forgot how amazingly beautiful you can be. You take my breath away."

Jo could see from his eyes what he wanted, and she suddenly wanted anything but. She could still feel Frank's hands on her, taste his rough kisses.

Would Pete know if he touched her?

Would he be able to feel what Frank had burned into her skin?

She felt her anger surge again. Why did Pete want her now, after rejecting her so many times in the past? She pulled her hand away. "Well, whose fault is that?"

Pete blinked. "Jordan…I…I thought we were having a good time." He gave her a pitiful expression.

The guilt returned. Jo reminded herself she was the one in the wrong, not Pete. Why was she taking it out on him? But if he had been like this before, she probably wouldn't have done anything with Frank in the first place.

Jo felt her eyes tear, and she fought not to cry. "We were, I'm just…tired. Can we just go to sleep?"

Pete tried poorly to mask his disappointment. "Yeah, sure."

Jo followed him silently into the bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooooo. And the crappy marriage gets crappier! The next chapter shall follow shortly (: